What Beer are you Drinking Tonight?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I talked to her last week, they are starting to farm it out to stores. So sooner or later, it may start showing up elsewhere. Right now, only local stores and at their taproom. Alani is my favorite beer right now. 7.7 is about right, not weak but not blithering idiot after tossing a few back.
7.7 is pretty good. I usually like em as high as they’ll go, but you definitely get different mileage from each one. The stout sounds interesting. Love me a good stout! I’ve been a fan of dragons milk stouts. 11% will get your attention so I usually limit them to two, after maybe a couple IPA’s to start. Depends on the night too!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Drying up for a bit? Seems like you’ve done that before. In fact I may do a 30 day dry out myself.
Ya, I did 4 mos at the beginning of the year, then started again in Sept. We’re gonna break on Thanksgiving, and probably spend the week between Xmas and NY completely schnockered.

(OK, probably not completely… but it’ll be a week of misbehaving. Fo’sho!)

Main goal is to get to a point where I can have a beer rather than a six-pack.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
7.7 is pretty good. I usually like em as high as they’ll go, but you definitely get different mileage from each one. The stout sounds interesting. Love me a good stout! I’ve been a fan of dragons milk stouts. 11% will get your attention so I usually limit them to two, after maybe a couple IPA’s to start. Depends on the night too!
They only make the stout in small batches, so it sells out and they don't even offer it in cans. We have to get it there. Asked her if they would do growlers, but they're not doing that yet. I might take mine tomorrow just to see what they say, but the Dark Matter won't be ready for another week at least. This place is too close to work lol; they know the three of us by name and what we drink.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Ya, I did 4 mos at the beginning of the year, then started again in Sept. We’re gonna break on Thanksgiving, and probably spend the week between Xmas and NY completely schnockered.

Hmm. Maybe drink 1 beer then switch to wine for the rest of the night? LOL :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

I hear that. Sparkling water helps.

Apparently a lot of folks are drinking non-alcoholic beer now for this reason.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I hear that. Sparkling water helps.

Apparently a lot of folks are drinking non-alcoholic beer now for this reason.
My biggest problem was turning beer into a replacement for water. It stared when I was very active doing a lot of outdoor work and swimming almost 2 miles a day 5x a week.
When you are that active, the calories associated with beer don’t matter so much. ;)
That is… until they do.
*shrugs

I did have some wine the other day; just a one-off situation. I had been almost raving mad with a craving. That did it for me and I’ve been much more sane since. :)

That’s the danger zone, though, between being a Graya-Area Drinker and an alcoholic. I’m usually not fixated on the attachment to alcohol, though I would consume more than was “normal/healthy,” perhaps.
When I do cut it out, I’m fine and don’t usually miss it.

What I find myself missing now is the social aspect of sitting in a nice craft bar or brewery and having a well made cocktail or beer. I miss the flavors, not the buzz; and I miss talking to a good bartender.

Would I try any NA Beer? I might, but frankly I’d just rather get to the point where I can enjoy a pint of a proper Pils or Kolsch-style beer without overdoing it.
:)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My biggest problem was turning beer into a replacement for water. It stared when I was very active doing a lot of outdoor work and swimming almost 2 miles a day 5x a week.
When you are that active, the calories associated with beer don’t matter so much. ;)
That is… until they do.
*shrugs

I did have some wine the other day; just a one-off situation. I had been almost raving mad with a craving. That did it for me and I’ve been much more sane since. :)

That’s the danger zone, though, between being a Graya-Area Drinker and an alcoholic. I’m usually not fixated on the attachment to alcohol, though I would consume more than was “normal/healthy,” perhaps.

What I find myself missing now is the social aspect of sitting in a nice craft bar or brewery and having a well made cocktail or beer. I miss the flavors, not the buzz; and I miss talking to a good bartender.

Would I try any NA Beer? I might, but frankly I’d just rather get to the point where I can enjoy a pint of a proper Pils or Kolsch-style beer without overdoing it.
Buddy of mine who was a life long daily beer drinker recently went cold turkey. In his case, he said it was easier than he though it would be and he doesn't really miss it. These days, I drink rarely, like once or twice a month, and typically only when out with friends.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That is… until they do.
*shrugs

I'm in a similar boat. I cut WAY down, but need to get down to one day a week where I can have beer. Getting back to the gym helps that with me. I don't want to hurt, so I won't drink to where it would dehydrate my muscles.

That's not fun at al.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Not sure what I was thinking but thought it was red "amber." Ah well.
1699567807616.png

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I had Beer Lab's "Omakase" IPA at an upscale restaurant the other day here in Honolulu. Best local beer I've had here so far. I am here until Fri so we shall see :)

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
When I was in Colorado last month, I drank mostly Keystone Light. Can't seem to get it here in NE Florida but I still prefer Mich Ultra.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
In my holiday beer break, I went through 4 different 4-packs of local NorCal Pilsners.
Country Doctor from Original Pattern in Oakland
Reality Czech from Moonlight in Santa Rosa
Bukovony Pilz from Old Caz in Rohnert Park
Holy Ghost from Laughing Monk in San Francisco

Happy.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Totally forgot, my buddies and I tried a new brewery in San Jose right before Thanksgiving. I flew out the morning after turkey day so I didn't have time to post it.

Sketchy area lol, but the beer was solid. Something I've never seen: "James Star" which is a Rye IPA; tart but not super hoppy and it was well balanced and very tasty. I also had their hazy "Northeast by West" which was an excellent IPA - clean and super smooth, just right level of hoppy. I may take the growler down there for that one. The most impressive one though was their stout. I don't even remember which one it was lol, might be that milk one listed there, but it was GOOD. Chocolatey, smooth and no aftertaste.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
We have a new owner in a small local market that has some better flavors than others in town at this point as well as better prices....so on my second visit tonite picked up some Pfriem IPA yum.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Still have my 1-2 Guinness on either side of dinner. What saves me is I like coffee too and I can exchange beer for a good cup, especially in the cooler season. I roast my own part of the time and that is a good enough beverage ritual to make it a bit more interesting, I think. I have lost the taste for liquor, though, at least when by myself.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Found a local store that had Keystone light. Gonna have to try some this weekend. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

When riding a local trail system at Alsea Falls, you can run across some of these guys :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis