What are you watching tonight?

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
I've been watching that storm, but it doesn't seem that it will have any effect on NE Fla where I currently reside. BTW just curious, what city or town do you live in?
Hey @davidscott just got up from a Lil power nap, The National Weather Service, I don't watch the local channels they're all over the place that's where they get there all their news from the National Weather Services radars. There's a Jet Stream, that is sitting right at, umm from Lake Charles, Loops down some not quite to the coast.

Up to Vermilion, Iberia Parishs Coastal line, starts to take a Sharp dip back up around Saint Mary Parish which is where Morgan City is sitting at on the coastal line. National Hurricane Weather Center has actually moved the storm Iittle more to hit right over Morgan City, Eye, But they are saying as of right now, may move even a little more to the right of Saint Mary Parish. Local weather channels, they gotta sell their commercials To keep people watching, they want people to watch their channels talk about wind share or Where they believe the Eye of the Storm will land.

Hurricanes hate Wind Sheer. It destroys them basically. That Jet Steam, is what is Causing that storm to drift North East more. If that Jet Stream would have dropped down a little more towards Louisiana coastline yeah it would have drifted a lot more NE I have the storm more than likely will be passing over Venice LA, Mississippi if Hurricane keeps drifting more NE.

That's my guess though on were I feel the Eye will pass over land. In a nutshell No ,Florida, like Pensacola nothing to worry about. Once that storm gets on land Eye, that Jetstream more than likely will carry it and pretty fast, Over the rest of Louisiana and most of Mississippi then from there, Mid northeast, cause a lot of flooding for sure, maybe possible tornadoes. It's rare you hear local news channel weather reporter mention anything about a jet stream they'll mention windshear, very important it'll steer keep pushing a storm from even making landfall like it did with Texas because that's were that jet stream can in from to over Louisiana that's why that storm didn't hit Houston or Galveston. Wouldn't have been for that jet stream Houston Galveston would have gotten a direct hit. Sorry about All the edits and typos I just woke up from a little 1 1/2 nap. Oh to answer the last part of your question, in Iberia parish.

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for the detailed response. I actually live in St Augustine which is close to Jacksonville. I'm flying to Pittsburgh with a stop in Atlanta tomorrow, but it looks like this storm won't affect my travel plans at all. Thanks again and stay safe.

T

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
Thanks for the detailed response. I actually live in St Augustine which is close to Jacksonville. I'm flying to Pittsburgh with a stop in Atlanta tomorrow, but it looks like this storm won't affect my travel plans at all. Thanks again and stay safe.
You'll definitely be alright since you flying to Pittsburgh you'll be ahead of storm. Don't believe it will turn more NE. like head Straight for the East Coast, it's gonna continue north NE. Upper. Be safe and watch your 6 brother.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis