What are you watching tonight?

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
All right watching, "13 Sins" streaming on Prime. Never was into Horror moves, well because not many were actually that good. Just my take on those feature movies. Kinda cheesecloth sort of. Yeah I like all of the "Alien" movies, Till I found this one, it received three nominations.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Netflix - 'Killing Eve' and then 'Baseball's best', The Phillies !

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Watching Avengers Endgame on FXHD right now. Next up are Spiderman Far from Home and No Way Home. Good stuff.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Dallas Mavs at home vs Minnesota game 7. Mavs up 3 -0 so it's time to end this series. Go Mavs!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
RBC Canadian Open this afternoon. Dallas Mavericks at Minnesota tonight.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I expect that we'll be watching the final episode of Star Trek Discovery. Discovery has been my least favorite of all the recent Star Trek series but the boys like it.

What I don't understand is that in the past, a season was about 26 episodes. New episodes for fall and winter and reruns in spring and summer. Why are seasons now just around 10 episodes?

D

dolynick

Audioholic
What I don't understand is that in the past, a season was about 26 episodes. New episodes for fall and winter and reruns in spring and summer. Why are seasons now just around 10 episodes?
That seemed to become the norm as streaming services gained prominence. They're not trying to fill programming for an entire fall/winter calendar, so the shorter format seems to be favored.

I've heard explanations that fewer episodes means they can focus on better writing and production too... Which might be true to some extent but there are enough mediocre to poor shows put out in 10 episode seasonal format that the claim has lost a lot of weight.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I've heard explanations that fewer episodes means they can focus on better writing and production too... Which might be true to some extent but there are enough mediocre to poor shows put out in 10 episode seasonal format that the claim has lost a lot of weight.
And there are tons of shows that aired before streaming with 24-26 episodes/season which have excellent writing, effects (for their time) and they made money.

They can't convince me that 26 episode seasons of something like Star Trek TNG or Star Trek DS9, or Stargate SG1 can't be done today.

I think that it's that streaming has a monthly service fee. Some people pay for a year up front. They make their money whether you watch or not (until you decide to cancel).

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
We are into season 3 of a 2013 series Rogue on Amazon. Four in all 50 episodes, 20 ep in season 3. Lots of skin and more.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis