What are you watching tonight?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
I can't actually recommend this movie, but ran across "Cold Pursuit" the other night while channel surfing, and it turned out to be better (and different) than I expected after watching the first 15 minutes.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Looks promising, esp with that cast. The 70s really was the decade for casting big names in bad and campy movies. (Favorite Charleston Heston from then is Planet of the Apes.) I vaguely remember Airport as a kid when my parents took us to see it. And then later the Zucker Bros satire Airplane when I was a teen. Never laughed harder back then, except maybe Blazing Saddles.
Yeah, the 70s was THE decade for sensationalizing the disaster epic subgenre -- we had everything from Airport and Earthquake to The Towering Inferno, The Poseidon Adventure, Meteor and a host of others.

Was never a Planet of the Apes fan, but Airplane will always be the ultimate nod to and spoof of Airport. The sequel with William Shatner is pretty funny, too.

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
Yeah, the 70s was THE decade for sensationalizing the disaster epic subgenre -- we had everything from Airport and Earthquake to The Towering Inferno, The Poseidon Adventure, Meteor and a host of others.

Was never a Planet of the Apes fan, but Airplane will always be the ultimate nod to and spoof of Airport. The sequel with William Shatner is pretty funny, too.
Oh, forgot about another Heston pic, The Omega Man.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Probably Falcon and the Winter Soldier S01E06, Mortal Kombat 2021, Shadow and Bone S01.

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
+1 for the new Mortal Kombat
Hope it's better than the old one from the 90s. I do like Lewis Tan from seeing him in Into the Badlands and his brief role in Netflix's otherwise awful Iron Fist. His drunken-style fight scene in Iron was great.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Watched Mortal Kombat. Doesn’t deserve its own thread.:confused: Some nice action and gore but needed much more of both of them. A better script and a few better actors in some of the rolls might have helped as well. Hey, silly popcorn movie all the way and sounded much better than “Godzilla vs Kong.” Worth a watch for the fun of it and the audio.

fast fred

fast fred

Full Audioholic
Holy Hell - I watched Aquaman for the first time last night on my new Dual SB16's - didn't realize how much LFE was in that movie!

I used the DC though so I am wondering if the 4K Disc will offer even better sounds?
I guess I am just too lazy to pop open the Pany 820

Watching the LOTR second Disc tonight!

Cheers

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
Holy Hell - I watched Aquaman for the first time last night on my new Dual SB16's - didn't realize how much LFE was in that movie!

I used the DC though so I am wondering if the 4K Disc will offer even better sounds?
I guess I am just too lazy to pop open the Pany 820

Watching the LOTR second Disc tonight!

Cheers
Do you mean you watched the streaming version on HBOmax/DC? HBOmax only offers DD 5.1 or DDplus. The 4K disc is Dolby Atmos True HD or DTS-HD MA, both lossless codecs.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Great episode. Always wondered what happened to the Organians. As they seem nearly omnipotent (able to be present in many places in the galaxy at the same time and exercise their will/powers), what about encounters with the Q?
Very good points; indeed, they were, as Spock put it, "not life as we know it," and were almost energy itself. They also threatened to bring balance to the entire universe by stopping the carnage between the Klingons and Federation, yet we never hear from them again.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Finally saw it on Youtube. Nothing great. Not enough of Dey. I guess she filmed it on hiatus from the PF show. Cool to see Leslie, Mariette and Rosey.
Sorry you didn't care for it the way I did; it's just one of those campy childhood favorites for me.

Yeah, I agree about Dey; Mariette had starred in an original Star Trek episode called "All Our Yesterdays."

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis