What are you watching tonight?

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic General
I was hoping to find it on Tubi since they have some cool odd stuff on there. Airplane is there though. I remember seeing Marriete on 9-1-1 Fox TV show and she was great in the few episodes she was in.
She's STILL doing TV and films?

We may be talking about different people here...

I was referring to the blonde who is pregnant in Skyjacked. Did I get my actresses messed up?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
She's STILL doing TV and films?

We may be talking about different people here...

I was referring to the blonde who is pregnant in Skyjacked. Did I get my actresses messed up?
No its her. She played one of the main characters mother. Like I said she wasn't on for more than 5 episodes. I guess she does it once in a while. She used to do commercials too in the 80's and 90's. I forget what she advertised though.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic General
Interesting...I didn't know that.

Then again, I didn't know Shatner just turned 90, so....:eek:

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic General
I'm not actually watching it tonight, but I will be watching Without Remorse three days from now. This is my favorite Tom Clancy novel. I'm just hoping Paramount didn't fork it up (yes, my screen name is taken from John Kelley's Nom De Guerre)

Ah yes, Clark’s “origin story” - that was a good one!

T

Tachead7075

Audioholic
I'm not actually watching it tonight, but I will be watching Without Remorse three days from now. This is my favorite Tom Clancy novel. I'm just hoping Paramount didn't fork it up (yes, my screen name is taken from John Kelley's Nom De Guerre)

Please let us know how it is. If it's good I will wait and buy it on physical for the much better experience. I'm not going to bother with streaming anymore for the good action movies at least until their HDR/DV and Atmos/DTS-X match or best physical.

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
738329215101.jpg

Finally released on blu ray. Dark comedy about two married mob assassins. Also stars Angelica Huston.

Last edited:
J

JengaHit

Audioholic
ASTTS.BR.Cover.72dpi.png

Another dark comedy. If you've ever been passed up for promotion in favor of a younger whipper-snapper exec, you'll get it. If not, still wickedly funny. Also stars Swoosie Kurtz, Elizabeth McGovern, and Peter Riegert.

J

JengaHit

Audioholic
I actually liked this better than a lot of the reviews. Not on the level of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, but also nowhere near as bad as many reviewers thought. (Putting aside the Perry White casting! Though my favorite Perry White is actually Jackie Cooper's because I like better the overall lighter tone of Richard Donner's Superman.)

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic General
I actually liked this better than a lot of the reviews. Not on the level of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, but also nowhere near as bad as many reviewers thought. (Putting aside the Perry White casting! Though my favorite Perry White is actually Jackie Cooper's because I like better the overall lighter tone of Richard Donner's Superman.)
Totally agree, right down to the casting of the White character (again, I absolutely loathe when they make changes like this for the sake of "inclusion" when there's no need for it; the character has been established, and that should be that). I like Fishburne as an actor, but his casting here was strange. I totally agree about Jackie Cooper as White, as well -- just nailed it (I said the same thing about Terrence Stamp and his rendition of Zod compared to Shannon's ham-fisted take on the seminal villain).

There will also never be another Luthor like Gene Hackman's.

I, too, enjoyed Man of Steel for exactly what it was -- a kind of Superman/Superman II hybrid that allowed Snyder to do what couldn't be done back when the originals were being made because of technology limitations. There are so many parallels to Superman II in this if you look carefully -- the fight between Zod and Kal-El, especially when Zod grabs him by the cape and tosses him through buildings (in Superman II, Supes does this to Zod, so it was reversed) and some other nods.

You can feel, though, Goyer and Nolan's influence on this film...right down to the darker, off-canted take on the origin material and the way they designed the Krypton sequences and such; makes sense, since they were on the production duties roster.

Latest posts

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis