What are you watching tonight?

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, I saw Gemini Man in 4K, and I hated the 60 FPS. It was extremely crystal clear, but I can’t stand that soap opera effect.

This is one case where I should have watched on 2K/24FPS. :D
Was it really that distracting? Yeah, the 1080p Blu-ray is the version that was mastered at 24FPS...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Was it really that distracting? Yeah, the 1080p Blu-ray is the version that was mastered at 24FPS...
Well, it looked so DIFFERENT. I felt like I was watching a home video, not a theatrical movie. It was crystal clear. The movie was shot using a 3.4K Arri Alexa digital camera.

But I hate that soap opera/home video cheap look.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Well, it looked so DIFFERENT. I felt like I was watching a home video, not a theatrical movie. It was crystal clear. The movie was shot using a 3.4K Arri Alexa digital camera.

But I hate that soap opera/home video cheap look.
Yeah; I remember when first seeing LCD sets in the stores back at the dawn of high definition and being smitten with that look (I will never forget when I saw a demo for a Sony Bravia LCD at a local Sears and they were showing a demo clip from Pirates of the Caribbean, and there was a moment when Depp looked like he was floating out of the screen it looked so real; obviously, they had the motion smoothing on). I came to dislike it for film content; definitely feels like a sped-up homemade video.

BUT...I do keep SOME motion smoothing engaged on my Samsung LCD -- out of the box, the set's Movie mode, which I use, applies some judder reduction (which affects 24FPS content) and maxes out the blur reduction (for 60FPS content), and I have upped the judder reduction to a level of "5" out of "10." This makes panning smooth, but does not introduce visible SOE.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Been watching these bubble NBA games. Interesting but I want to see the playoffs begin. BTW the PGA golf championship this past weekend was AWESOME!

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
I don't give a red penny towards sports anymore, especially the U.S.-based baseball and football leagues (and I was a big time old-school Patriots fan), since they've been ramming the BLM agenda down everyone's throats.

I watch sports to escape from reality and get away from the rancid politics of the day...and they want to force it upon us on our free time? Yeah, okay......:rolleyes:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Finished Umbrella Academy S02 last night. Loved it. What will I watch now? Maybe start S07 of "The 100".

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Finished Umbrella Academy S02 last night. Loved it. What will I watch now? Maybe start S07 of "The 100".
“The 100” season 1 was awesome. :)

It slowed down into more of a soap opera in the following seasons, but I can’t stop watching it. LOL :)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I don't give a red penny towards sports anymore, especially the U.S.-based baseball and football leagues (and I was a big time old-school Patriots fan), since they've been ramming the BLM agenda down everyone's throats.

I watch sports to escape from reality and get away from the rancid politics of the day...and they want to force it upon us on our free time? Yeah, okay......:rolleyes:
I am a huge Steeler fan myself. But like it or not politics in sports is now the new normal. I will still watch.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis