What are you watching tonight?

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
I felt a sense of deja vu with the movie Orphan. I watch Case 39 last night, maybe that is the reason.
Green Zone is a cool flick. I'm interested in another horror tonight, possible The Woman In Black (2012).
Remake of Stephen King’s “IT” was excellent. Great sound mix and video!

“Insidious” chapters 1-3 are sure to create some tension!

If you have seen the original Halloween check out the sequel Halloween 2018. Excellent sound mix and brings back a few of the original cast members and ending is well done!

The Conjuring 1&2 will give you some jump scares and lead well into the spin offs like Annabelle.

Overlord is another decent one with a exceptional sound mix that won’t disappoint!

The Woman in Black is decent although it’s been awhile since I’ve seen it!

Don’t Breath is a great one for tension!

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
If you don’t mind subtitles, High Tension is another one I liked from back then. :)

Hamid Khan

Hamid Khan

Junior Audioholic

If you have seen the original Halloween check out the sequel Halloween 2018. Excellent sound mix and brings back a few of the original cast members and ending is well done!

The Conjuring 1&2 will give you some jump scares and lead well into the spin offs like Annabelle.

Overlord is another decent one with a exceptional sound mix that won’t disappoint!

I will add to my list Halloween 2018, Overlord, Remake of Stephen King's "IT"and Don't Breath. The other movies listed I do have and seen multiple times.I appreciate the recommendation, I'm always interested in movies I have never seen.

Hamid Khan

Hamid Khan

Junior Audioholic
If you don’t mind subtitles, High Tension is another one I liked from back then. :)
I took note of the movie High Tension as well, but I tend lose out on half of the movie trying to read subtitles and watching the movie, because I spend half the time reading what is being said. lol
But much appreciated for the recommendation.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I took note of the movie High Tension as well, but I tend lose out on half of the movie trying to read subtitles and watching the movie, because I spend half the time reading what is being said. lol
But much appreciated for the recommendation.
I usually agree but that one is a blood bath and a well written thriller so it’s easy to pay attention to the subtitles on that one. :)

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
So I’m digging out a golden nugget from my collection now which has been probably 25 years since I’ve last seen this movie so it should be quite different now!

Special Edition on DVD

PLATOON :p

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

IT has a great Atmos track for sure. Well done remake.

Agreed on the conjuring group although for me, the second one wasn’t as good.
Overlords track is bad ass with great extension, and don’t breath is just great all the way through. What surprised me was it had some well used bass down to about 16hz. Really adds to the tension

Don’t know woman in black.

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
IT has a great Atmos track for sure. Well done remake.

Agreed on the conjuring group although for me, the second one wasn’t as good.
Overlords track is bad ass with great extension, and don’t breath is just great all the way through. What surprised me was it had some well used bass down to about 16hz. Really adds to the tension

Don’t know woman in black.
I like how old movies have the flickering of a film reel. Reminds me of the family movies my Grandfather showed at get togethers.

Platoon on my screen now! Yesterday watched Planet Terror and it had the same flickering like an old drive in :D

kystorm

kystorm

Audioholic
Finished up with the last season of suits, turned out to be pretty good

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I'm really picky with my horror/thriller movies, that's why Orphan left me pleasantly surprised. I went into it not expecting much.

Watched Solo tonight.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I'm really picky with my horror/thriller movies, that's why Orphan left me pleasantly surprised. I went into it not expecting much.
Watched Solo tonight.
Ya Orphan was an under the radar flick. I bought a copy for my brother a few years after it was released and he really liked it. He is hard to impress. :)

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
By the way, tons of canon fire across from me. Seahawks won MNF and it’s a war zone here! LOL :)

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I had never finished the first season of Love, Death, and Robots on Netflix. I watched 4 or 5 more episodes last night. Some of them are really good! Worthy of being full-length films! A few made me roll my eyes but overall many of the ideas I found original.

Conversely, I tried watching "2 sentence horror stories" and said 'F this' after 2 episodes. Lame, predictable writing mixed with social justice themes? Ugh, no thanks... if it does get better, I won't be the one to find out.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I had never finished the first season of Love, Death, and Robots on Netflix. I watched 4 or 5 more episodes last night. Some of them are really good! Worthy of being full-length films! A few made me roll my eyes but overall many of the ideas I found original.

Conversely, I tried watching "2 sentence horror stories" and said 'F this' after 2 episodes. Lame, predictable writing mixed with social justice themes? Ugh, no thanks... if it does get better, I won't be the one to find out.
I really liked LDR too. It inspired me to watch Black mirror. That was a trip!

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
"Spectral" on Netflix. It was actually better than it deserved to be. :D The effects and combat scenes more than made up for the linear plot (take a little bit of "Aliens," "World War Z," "Final Fantasy Spirits Within" and mix/shake/pour/drink). Acting wasn't bad either, considering there weren't any big names carrying it.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Pacific rim, dvd. Heard a lot of carrying on about this track. Dtsnx in 7.3.4. Yep, awesome.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis