What are you watching tonight?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Thursday night football Colts at Texans for the AFC South lead. Should be a good game.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Going through Band of Brothers. Again...
With DtsNX
Then The Pacific. Again...

I watched Dunkirk the other day. Cinematography was great. The soundtrack? Well, it was strange. The sound design was very well done. BUT, it suffered from level clipping in every channel, except the surrounds iirc. It also had a very weird FR curve too, like a peak at 50 and 30.(have to look again to be sure). Even at a lowish volume like -25, the clipping was super obnoxious, and the track was LOUD(but clipping was obvious even at -35). I went to AVS and read the review by Ralph, and the following comments. Some were bothered by it and some were not. The ones who didn’t notice it seemed to praise it as one of the best tracks they ever heard. The others, like myself were really put off by it. I know a lot of soundtracks clip here and there but this was bad. BoB happens to be nice and clean at -18.
Anyway...

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Going through Band of Brothers. Again...
With DtsNX
Then The Pacific. Again...
I watched Dunkirk the other day. Cinematography was great. The soundtrack? Well, it was strange. The sound design was very well done. BUT, it suffered from level clipping in every channel, except the surrounds iirc. It also had a very weird FR curve too, like a peak at 50 and 30.(have to look again to be sure). Even at a lowish volume like -25, the clipping was super obnoxious, and the track was LOUD(but clipping was obvious even at -35). I went to AVS and read the review by Ralph, and the following comments. Some were bothered by it and some were not. The ones who didn’t notice it seemed to praise it as one of the best tracks they ever heard. The others, like myself were really put off by it. I know a lot of soundtracks clip here and there but this was bad. BoB happens to be nice and clean at -18.
Anyway...
I thought something was off on Dunkirk too. I’ll need to rewatch it.

Well, I’d rather just go watch Fury or Hacksaw Ridge again :)

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic

Both Fury and Hacksaw Ridge are excellent movies! Add U-571 and Lone Survivor for one hell of surround smorgasbord :p

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Agreed on both counts. HR and Fury are first rate. Great surround, and earth moving bass.

Also, lone survivor is one that I use for demos a lot. I love that each weapon has its own sound. You know, like real guns! And all the bullets flying through the room. I have to check my Sheetrock for bullet holes every time.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Yeah to my ears Dunkirk was way off. I looked at the graphs and it was painfully obvious. It did get awards, some for the soundtrack even. Seemed like a butt kiss to me but...

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Agreed on both counts. HR and Fury are first rate. Great surround, and earth moving bass.

Also, lone survivor is one that I use for demos a lot. I love that each weapon has its own sound. You know, like real guns! And all the bullets flying through the room. I have to check my Sheetrock for bullet holes every time.
I’ll check that one out. Thanks! :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Watched Frozen 2 with the midgets last night. Oldest (6) wanted to watch it for her birthday. She was very happy.

If only her little brother (2) could sit through an entire movie without getting restless...Oh well

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
NBA Cleveland Cavs at Dallas Mavericks tonight on FOX Southwest. Luca Doncic just keeps getting better and better. :)

HTfreak2004

HTfreak2004

Senior Audioholic
J.J Abrams is behind Overlord cool. He did a great job with the Star Trek movies :D

My son will like this movie!

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
An all time classic Creature from the Black Lagoon on ME TV. Haven't seen this in a while. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis