What are you watching tonight?

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Episodes 7 and 8 of the Firefly series on BD...love that series though a bit hokey here and there.

Also watched a few episodes of "Andromeda" on Amazon Prime...wow is it bad...but I loved the show when first on TV...
Yep, fan of Firefly myself. Fox pulled that show for some stupid reason. The movie was good.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, fan of Firefly myself. Fox pulled that show for some stupid reason. The movie was good.
Yeah, I thought Firefly TV series was awesome. Too bad it was cancelled after only 1 season and they had to cram the entire season 2 into one movie (Serenity).

I can't believe not enough people liked the show. I wonder if it were because people were turned off by some of the Mandarin/Chinese dialogues? :D

They need a reboot, but this time do it on STARZ or HBO. :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, I thought Firefly TV series was awesome. Too bad it was cancelled after only 1 season and they had to cram the entire season 2 into one movie (Serenity).

I can't believe not enough people liked the show. I wonder if it were because people were turned off by some of the Mandarin/Chinese dialogues? :D

They need a reboot, but this time do it on STARZ or HBO. :D
Top 3 Favorite Sci-Fi Series of all time. Yes I even have an autographed script copy because I am the uber nerd. I don't think any of the cast have a full time job now, so now would be a great time to reboot.

I know it's been discussed so far to mixed reviews, but the expanse is also one of my favorites with excellent casting (Holden a little weak) Books are so well done, no character is safe and multiple plot twists that keeps you guessing.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Top 3 Favorite Sci-Fi Series of all time. Yes I even have an autographed script copy because I am the uber nerd. I don't think any of the cast have a full time job now, so now would be a great time to reboot.

I know it's been discussed so far to mixed reviews, but the expanse is also one of my favorites with excellent casting (Holden a little weak) Books are so well done, no character is safe and multiple plot twists that keeps you guessing.
“Firefly” was one of those shows that got me hooked within about 5 minutes of watching the pilot episode.

“Game of Thrones” got me hooked within 1 minute. :D

“Expanse” might be one of those shows that require about 6 episodes to get me hooked - like “The Wire” or “Sopranos”. I actually thought those shows sucked after watching the pilots. But I was totally hooked after about 6 episodes.

So hopefully “Expanse” will get me hooked after 6 episodes or less. :D

I think “Firefly” was just wrong place and time. Maybe now after all these SW movies and Star Trek shows, “Firefly” might have had huge success. Wrong place at the wrong time.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
“Firefly” was one of those shows that got me hooked within about 5 minutes of watching the pilot episode.

“Game of Thrones” got me hooked within 1 minute. :D

“Expanse” might be one of those shows that require about 6 episodes to get me hooked - like “The Wire” or “Sopranos”. I actually thought those shows sucked after watching the pilots. But I was totally hooked after about 6 episodes.

So hopefully “Expanse” will get me hooked after 6 episodes or less. :D

I think “Firefly” was just wrong place and time. Maybe now after all these SW movies and Star Trek shows, “Firefly” might have had huge success. Wrong place at the wrong time.
LOL

Everyone is different, I couldn't get past the first episode of GoT for about 3 years. Finally got hooked when I was sick and HBO had a GoT a Thon. I was also late to the game on Walking Dead. I accidently went to the VIP room at New York Comic Con, thought I was with a bunch of reporters because they were all on MacBooks, one of them happened to be guy who played Rick. Needless to say I started watching the series after that.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
LOL

Everyone is different, I couldn't get past the first episode of GoT for about 3 years. Finally got hooked when I was sick and HBO had a GoT a Thon. I was also late to the game on Walking Dead. I accidently went to the VIP room at New York Comic Con, thought I was with a bunch of reporters because they were all on MacBooks, one of them happened to be guy who played Rick. Needless to say I started watching the series after that.
Everyone is different for sure. :D

I was hooked on “Walking Dead” within 5 minutes. :D

I just finished season 1 of “Altered Carbon”. And at the end, what went through my mind was:

1. Scooby-Doo
2. The Prestige
3. The Matrix
4. Battlestar Galactica/Caprica
5. Ghost in the Shell
6. Blade Runner
7. Another typical Netflix production
8. A lot of naked sexy women
9. Full frontal male genitalia
10. Subplots and plot holes that I didn’t care for
11. A lot of characters that I didn’t care about
12. Not too bad, but not too great

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Have two episodes left. Fri or Sat. Yes, lots of naked women:)
I had a hard time understanding what went on in the early episodes. Now it seems from reading ahead season will not have a finish.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just now getting into Peaky Blinders. I think it's pretty good.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
New series Counterpart on Starz(free trial on amazon prime). One of the best series I'd seen in a while. Starring Olivia Williams and J.K. Simmons.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Gonna check out "Mute" tonight on Netflix. Looks like a pretty spirited beat 'em up.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Gonna check out "Mute" tonight on Netflix. Looks like a pretty spirited beat 'em up.
I watched about 50% of the movie and couldn't take it anymore. :D

Last edited:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Noah, Blu-ray, ya know the one with Russell Crowe and that lil chick that stared in all those Harry Potter movies.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I saw "Annihilation" the other night.

It was decent enough.

It was different. I didn't like it as much as his 1st movie "Ex Machina".

Last edited:
jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I'm watching Gene Roddenberry's Earth the Final Conflict on Amazon Prime. They also have Andromeda which I plan to watch later.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
From the same director Luc Besson:

Valerian B- Visually stunning. Story was just ok. Would like to see it in 3D.

Lucy B+ Enjoyed the story and looking forward to the sequel.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
GOT, #7. 1st episode. "You didn't Slaughter them All! Leave One Wolf Alive and the Sheep are never Safe.". You cut the throat of a Mother of five. You butchered A Mother carrying her child in her womb" Yes, Cheers!

To think that this is make believe happens all over the World. Goes on right here in the Good ole USA.

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
GOT, #7. 1st episode. "You didn't Slaughter them All! Leave One Wolf Alive and the Sheep are never Safe.". You cut the throat of a Mother of five. You butchered A Mother carrying her child in her womb"

To think that this is make believe happens all over the World. Goes on right here in the Good ole USA.
GOT = GOAT (greatest of all times) IMO. :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis