what are you drinking right now ?

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
I love bourbon and rye whiskey so I'm sure I'd love the Backwoods. Have you ever had Rasputian that's probably my favorite stout so far.
I have not, however, I heard from multiple people that it's a good one. It's on my list to try. Too many beers, not enought time....(or should it be not enough liver capacity?)

On the bourbon aged brew side, here's a few to look for:

Goose Island: Bourbon County, very hard to find - seasonal, it's kind of the crown jewel for a few guys I know
Arcadia: Barrel Aged Imperial Stout - very had to find - seasonal
New Holland: Dragon's Milk - readily available, lots of vannila as compared to the others
Blue Grass Brewing: Bourbon Barrel Stout, I don't think this is bottled, only on tap.

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
I love bourbon and rye whiskey so I'm sure I'd love the Backwoods. Have you ever had Rasputian that's probably my favorite stout so far.
One more I forgot. New Holland has a beer barrel aged Bourbon. They age bourbon in their Dragon's Milk barrels. I've only had a very small sample of that and unfortunately forgot how it tastes....I am by no means an expert in bourbon.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Well my buddy and I are discussing barrel aged beer right now and he mentioned that there is a Barrel Aged Beer Fest in Chicago on November 16th. I figured someone hear might be interested in that too.

Festival of Wood and Barrel Aged Beer (FoBAB) | Illinois Craft Brewers Guild
If you are ever in the Austin area be sure to try the 512 whiskey barrel aged. I'll be having some over labor day weekend I hope. I completely understand the limited amount of beers tastings.

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
Ok completely switched gears....Anyone into sours?

Jolly Pumpkin: Madrugada Obscura "Dark Dawn" Stout

Smacked me a good one on an empty stomach.....

Jolly Pumpkin.jpg

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Having a few doubles of Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey (made right here in the Baker neighborhood on the Denver Arts District by some good fellas) and listening to "Push the Sky Away"
Bonus: every bottle is hand labeled by the guy distilling it with the exact date, and listing what he was playing on the stereo while he worked.

1175481_10151562376107927_1558471899_n.jpg

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Having a few doubles of Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey (made right here in the Baker neighborhood on the Denver Arts District by some good fellas) and listening to "Push the Sky Away"
Bonus: every bottle is hand labeled by the guy distilling it with the exact date, and listing what he was playing on the stereo while he worked.

View attachment 12391
Good stuff.. Waiting for it to go on sale again ( below 50.00) to restock.
Cheers, Mac

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
Ok completely switched gears....Anyone into sours?

Jolly Pumpkin: Madrugada Obscura "Dark Dawn" Stout

Smacked me a good one on an empty stomach.....

View attachment 12390
I love a nice sour, but i've never had anything from Jolly Pumpkin that I've liked [admitedly, that only encomapses 2 attempts].

Currently I'm enjoying a nice pour of Macallan Director's Edition. It's a quite nice scotch well worth a try.

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
I love a nice sour, but i've never had anything from Jolly Pumpkin that I've liked [admitedly, that only encomapses 2 attempts].
I'm still trying to decide what to think about sours. I've only had a few Jolly Pumpkin brews myself, Bam Biere, Bam Noire, Madrugada and another I don't recall. All of the bottled stuff has been very sour. On tap the Bam Noire was fantastic, with the sourness toned down. I can only assume that the bottle conditioning/refermentation process has different results in keg vs bottle....

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
just got back from houlihan's. had some girly drinks. 1 liter georgia peach long island and a guava martini :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis