what are you drinking right now ?

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
You guys are killing me. We have average Asian places here. I love Pad Thai. We do have some really good Mexican restaurants though. But my wife is Mexican, so home cooked is always the best. One thing I really miss is a good Cuban place. Mofongo, Ropa Vieja...Damn! I need to get back to Orlando for a food vacation
Try Hawkers next time you're in Orlando .. Fabulous Asian street food served tapas style. Yum! And a killer beer list :D
cheers, Mac

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Unfortunately I never got in to sushi while I lived in japan (I was just a kid), so I can't compare the offerings here to what's available there...but I'm sure it's much better in japan. I doubt we have the greatest fish selection in the middle of north texas anyhow.

I did eat plenty of asian food growing up since my mom is filipino and the best cook ever...and my aunt is the most thai lady you'll ever meet and she's not a bad cook either. I don't see my parents very often :( I see my auntie kay even less frequently.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I had these, in this order, yesterday:

All except the 1554 were good...I poured the 1554 out. In the interest of full disclosure I was pretty beered out then but I also don't judge a beer too quickly.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Unfortunately I never got in to sushi while I lived in japan (I was just a kid), so I can't compare the offerings here to what's available there...but I'm sure it's much better in japan. I doubt we have the greatest fish selection in the middle of north texas anyhow.

I did eat plenty of asian food growing up since my mom is filipino and the best cook ever...and my aunt is the most thai lady you'll ever meet and she's not a bad cook either. I don't see my parents very often :( I see my auntie kay even less frequently.
Phil, that sucks. Your parents are in California right? I have a cousin that is married to a Filipino lady and she is the nicest person I have ever met. Her whole family is actually.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Phil, that sucks. Your parents are in California right? I have a cousin that is married to a Filipino lady and she is the nicest person I have ever met. Her whole family is actually.
Yeah, it certainly does suck. I know a lot of kids are happy to move out or move away from their parents, but mine are awesome and I would love for them to still be in the area. They moved to Surprise, Arizona. I don't remember when exactly they moved there, but I think I was 17 or 18 (I turn 28 in a few months). My mom is definitely one of the sweetest people ever. I do have a lot of filipino friends though, and there's always a ton of good food to be had at the parties :D

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Yeah, it certainly does suck. I know a lot of kids are happy to move out or move away from their parents, but mine are awesome and I would love for them to still be in the area. They moved to Surprise, Arizona. I don't remember when exactly they moved there, but I think I was 17 or 18 (I turn 28 in a few months). My mom is definitely one of the sweetest people ever. I do have a lot of filipino friends though, and there's always a ton of good food to be had at the parties :D
I can imagine so. One of the benefits of making friends with internationals in college was the food diversity. It helped break the monotony of Pasta, Rice and my ghetto stir fries.

Tyfighter

Tyfighter

Junior Audioholic
I just had some Rochefort 10s left in the fridge, polished those off. I was going to just have one, but I couldn't stop.

Tyfighter

Tyfighter

Junior Audioholic
Both new users "frankmrw1" and "Mary681" seem to be ad-bots in this thread. They are repeating the same exact phrases in a bunch of threads.

Hopefully they clone this post on their next run, lmao.

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
I had a Dirty Bastard yesterday. That was potent.
I told you...a couple of those will set you free. :D

But did you like it? The first sip, at least for me, usually has a lot going on...then it mellows right out.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

But did you like it? The first sip, at least for me, usually has a lot going on...then it mellows right out.
The color of the pour was very pleasing to the eye with a decent head.

For me it was sweet and fruity with a hint of floral notes and hops. The smell was a bit weak to my nose, but the taste and mouth feel are outstanding. Very few breweries hit on three different beers. I'm glad I made that stop in Kansas City to buy the 3 6 packs. I can't wait to try the breakfast stout. I love stouts.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I had a Dirty Bastard yesterday. That was potent.
I thought the same thing. Still not sure if I liked it. It reminded of a boilermaker. Not what I was expecting. I'll be trying it again for sure.

I agree it mellows right out. It did have more scotch/bourbon notes than I had anticipated.

Kruppy, have you been to the Founders brewery in Grand Rapids? I'm not sure where Rochester, MI is, but I'm about 2 1/2 hours south of Grand Rapids so well within the day trip range.

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
The color of the pour was very pleasing to the eye with a decent head.

For me it was sweet and fruity with a hint of floral notes and hops. The smell was a bit weak to my nose, but the taste and mouth feel are outstanding. Very few breweries hit on three different beers. I'm glad I made that stop in Kansas City to buy the 3 6 packs. I can't wait to try the breakfast stout. I love stouts.
The Breakfast Stout is a bit much for me. I can handle a snifter of it, but a whole bottle is too much for me. The Imperial Stout, which is a seasonal for them, is also very good, if you can find it when it comes out.

Now, Backwoods Bastard, which is a bourbon barrel aged scotch ale is by far my favorite Founders brew. It's again seasonal, in high demand, and hard to come by. I got lucky last November and was able to get 8-4packs (not likely to ever happen again). It's a sipping beer (~10%) and ages well. The year before I didn't find any and the year before that I only found 1-4pack.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
Had this last night.

View attachment 12374

lsiberian, I agree with Kruppy about a whole bottle being too much. My wife and I would split a bottle and it was enough. The Breakfast Stout is now one of my favorite beers. It's so well brewed that I would recommend it to anyone wanting to try a stout for the first time.

Kruppy

Kruppy

Audioholic
Kruppy, have you been to the Founders brewery in Grand Rapids? I'm not sure where Rochester, MI is, but I'm about 2 1/2 hours south of Grand Rapids so well within the day trip range.
Yessir....try to make it there once or twice a year. Rochester is a suburb 1/2hr-45min north of Detroit and it's a 2.5hr drive west to Grand Rapids.

Founders Brewery is great and is currently undergoing some massive remodeling. They’re adding a ton of brewing capacity and adding a nice beer garden to the front of the building. They always have some experimental and seasonal batches on tap. I wish I lived closer…although my wallet and waistline are glad we’re farther away.

Grand Rapids has a number of micro-breweries….
Brewery Vivant
Grand Rapids Brewing
Schmoe’s
HopCat – which brews but a little, but has tons of great stuff on tap
Jaden James
The B.O.B. (The Big Old Building)
Pike 51 Brewing
White Flame
Harmony
Mitten Brewing
Perrin<O:p</O:p

Among others….my goal is hit them all eventually<O:p</O:p

Last edited by a moderator:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
The Breakfast Stout is a bit much for me. I can handle a snifter of it, but a whole bottle is too much for me. The Imperial Stout, which is a seasonal for them, is also very good, if you can find it when it comes out.

Now, Backwoods Bastard, which is a bourbon barrel aged scotch ale is by far my favorite Founders brew. It's again seasonal, in high demand, and hard to come by. I got lucky last November and was able to get 8-4packs (not likely to ever happen again). It's a sipping beer (~10%) and ages well. The year before I didn't find any and the year before that I only found 1-4pack.
I love bourbon and rye whiskey so I'm sure I'd love the Backwoods. Have you ever had Rasputian that's probably my favorite stout so far.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis