what are you drinking right now ?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Willett is far and away one of my favorite Distillers. Given a choice... they are consistently in my top three. A friend who went to KY to buy a barrel (4 Roses) for his restaurant, also came back with a bottle of Rye from Willett that was 1of 9 from a single barrel! This was the purest expression of a Rye I have ever tasted... aged to the extent that 9 750ml bottles were all that remained from this barrel... it was...
Astounding.
I love my 12 yr Old Rip Van Winkle from the Pappy line... the plain white label from Lot B... but even that doesn't hold a candle to what the crew at Willett is capable of. :)

A note on glassware:
At some point, years ago, I was sold on the idea you needed fine glassware to enjoy fine beverages. I had gone through Culinary Training in a Cordon Blue school with a few wine classes taught by local known-and-respected Somms... :rolleyes:
So I bought into the idea fine crystal made everything taste better.
*shakes d@mn head
It's all a lie.
While I don't disagree that a certain shape will help one enjoy the aromas a beverage may offer... or might help preserve the delicate head or flow of bubbles... or...

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here nd point out that Sierra Nevada Pale Ale taste D@MN FINE in a Pint Glass. And Whiskey tastes really F'N GOOD in a Gibraltar.

My $20+ Riedel Crystal Tulip Whiskey Glass always made my whiskey HOT. After a few turns at a few different good bars drinking pours out of different glasses... of the same whiskey... Istarted to catch on... I didn't need Surface Area, or a Tulip...
Whiskey somehow tasted best out of a simple 4.5oz Gibraltar. Not an 8oz. Not a Double Old Fashioned...
But a simple Gibraltar.
Specifically, this glass here, with the "parabolic" bottom:
View attachment 41216

And while I do get that some wines need a large globe to open up... or a sparkling wine needs a flute rather than Marie Antoinette's Breast (a fun but false fable)... or a Pilsner a....

You get the point.

I drink my whiskey from the humble Gibraltar... as I do my Espresso... my Manhattans......... and so forth. It is a most durable and familiar vessel. It is pleasing to hold.

It is my friend.
;)

Cheers!
Man! Great photos above. Welcome back to the thread. Had to laugh when reading this post. Made me think of “cables” lmao!!!!! I enjoy using a nice vessel, but at the same time, I’ll even drink my “best” beer straight out of the can. Holy Fukk, can’t believe I confessed that. Just that sometimes, convenience really is king, and the mind a powerful thing.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Man! Great photos above. Welcome back to the thread. Had to laugh when reading this post. Made me think of “cables” lmao!!!!! I enjoy using a nice vessel, but at the same time, I’ll even drink my “best” beer straight out of the can. Holy Fukk, can’t believe I confessed that. Just that sometimes, convenience really is king, and the mind a powerful thing.
I still hate cans... Yup, I'm one of those. :p

But I love drinking outa the bottle. 12 or 22... don't matter. Crack it and either sip or pound! :D

If you wanna lose your mind, cable-style... get into wines and glassware! F me gently with a chainsaw!
Here's a taste:

o_O o_O o_O

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

But I love drinking outa the bottle. 12 or 22... don't matter. Crack it and either sip or pound! :D

If you wanna lose your mind, cable-style... get into wines and glassware! F me gently with a chainsaw!
Here's a taste:

o_O o_O o_O
Rolf. I did a shallow dive into wine for a while. I really do enjoy it, but the culture seems like cable snobs lol. I just enjoy it from time to time and when a beer pairing just isn’t right. Or I want a different kind a buzz lol.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

Here's a taste:

o_O o_O o_O
Dude, did you see the bad ass cannon posted earlier? That's easily one of the best pieces of art I've seen in a beer in a while.

Here's an alternate view

1604470120416.jpeg

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Kettle One Martini, up, olives. I have pay homage to my man Sean Connery, my favorite Bond

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
Bushmills Black Bush Irish Whiskey.

But last night it was all about me and Jack Daniel's going toe to toe..! I lost.

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic
Bushmills Black Bush Irish Whiskey.

But last night it was all about me and Jack Daniel's going toe to toe..! I lost.
Dude, you suck, nobody cares. You didn't even post a picture. ! *sigh*. Some people's children!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Dude, you suck, nobody cares. You didn't even post a picture. ! *sigh*. Some people's children!
Fine, whatever... I'll move the potatoe chipView attachment 41316 bag.
With a statement like that, I expect more than a passive-aggressive post of your "bottle-container" collection... (oh, I do see the half dead liter of Makers... but the stunt packaging?)...

No ...I expect nothing less than you, black-out drunk with Sharpie cøcks drawn on your face!

Man up.

:oops: o_O :rolleyes:

;)

:p :D :cool:

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
With a statement like that, I expect more than a passive-aggressive post of your "bottle-container" collection... (oh, I do see the half dead liter of Makers... but the stunt packaging?)...

No ...I expect nothing less than you, black-out drunk with Sharpie cøcks drawn on your face!

Man up.

;)

Holy Fukk!!! Sharpie c0cks. Thought I was the only bastard who pulled that!!!

I

IansDad88(Don)

Audioholic

Man up.

;)

Challenge accepted... I do like the containers, but no fluff here...! Take your sharpie elsewhere.

Jack won last night, but it wasn't a blackout loss.
Duty Free shopping.
20201104_211748.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis