what are you drinking right now ?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Just in time for the weekend! (and the election!)
I can't decide if Sunday after work I go for a Bomber and some nice Rye... A couple rounds of Manhattans or Monte Carlos... or what...

But I do know that Tuesday night will either be a welcome celebration, or a debaucherous commiseration. I'll either repeat Sunday nights plan with some modicum of self respect and control (2-3 drinks over an hour or two)...
or I will be blackout drunk and figuring out how to move to Finland. :p

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
I can't decide if Sunday after work I go for a Bomber and some nice Rye... A couple rounds of Manhattans or Monte Carlos... or what...

But I do know that Tuesday night will either be a welcome celebration, or a debaucherous commiseration. I'll either repeat Sunday nights plan with some modicum of self respect and control (2-3 drinks over an hour or two)...
I'll be working when it happens, on overnights next week.... :eek:

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

I vote for blackout drunk, figuring out how to move to Finland!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

Never had a white stout before this one. Quite unique and very good.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Beats me, never even heard of one before.....but I'd like to try!
It’s definitely different, but in a good way. I didn’t expect to like it that much. Not knowing what to expect, the first one I had I was like meh, it’ll be beerstock lol. But I’ve really come to like them. Have only Dragons Milks version but will be happy to try others!

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
drinking a cheap under 10 bucks a bottle with a 30% discount when you buy 4 or more! screw cap wine! Had to shift funds to stock up on water, toilet paper and towels in anticipation of the coming apocalypse on NOV 3. :rolleyes:

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Welcoming myself back...

The tulip is only for show, really...
My preferred vessel for a pour of good Rye, Bourbon or Scotch:

Sent from a handheld device using a silly little app.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Welcoming myself back...

The tulip is only for show, really...
My preferred vessel for a pour of good Rye, Bourbon or Scotch:

Sent from a handheld device using a silly little app.
I got really excited about the Willett until I saw it was the rye. Nothing wrong with that, but I bought a bottle of the same line in bourbon and it's one of the best I've ever had.

Now, you can't find it anywhere and bottles go for something like $2000. I paid $60. Still pissed I just drank it all.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Willett is far and away one of my favorite Distillers. Given a choice... they are consistently in my top three. A friend who went to KY to buy a barrel (4 Roses) for his restaurant, also came back with a bottle of Rye from Willett that was 1of 9 from a single barrel! This was the purest expression of a Rye I have ever tasted... aged to the extent that 9 750ml bottles were all that remained from this barrel... it was...
Astounding.
I love my 12 yr Old Rip Van Winkle from the Pappy line... the plain white label from Lot B... but even that doesn't hold a candle to what the crew at Willett is capable of. :)

A note on glassware:
At some point, years ago, I was sold on the idea you needed fine glassware to enjoy fine beverages. I had gone through Culinary Training in a Cordon Blue school with a few wine classes taught by local known-and-respected Somms... :rolleyes:
So I bought into the idea fine crystal made everything taste better.
*shakes d@mn head
It's all a lie.
While I don't disagree that a certain shape will help one enjoy the aromas a beverage may offer... or might help preserve the delicate head or flow of bubbles... or...

I'm just gonna go out on a limb here nd point out that Sierra Nevada Pale Ale taste D@MN FINE in a Pint Glass. And Whiskey tastes really F'N GOOD in a Gibraltar.

My $20+ Riedel Crystal Tulip Whiskey Glass always made my whiskey HOT. After a few turns at a few different good bars drinking pours out of different glasses... of the same whiskey... Istarted to catch on... I didn't need Surface Area, or a Tulip...
Whiskey somehow tasted best out of a simple 4.5oz Gibraltar. Not an 8oz. Not a Double Old Fashioned...
But a simple Gibraltar.
Specifically, this glass here, with the "parabolic" bottom:
1604296095222.png

And while I do get that some wines need a large globe to open up... or a sparkling wine needs a flute rather than Marie Antoinette's Breast (a fun but false fable)... or a Pilsner a....

You get the point.

I drink my whiskey from the humble Gibraltar... as I do my Espresso... my Manhattans......... and so forth. It is a most durable and familiar vessel. It is pleasing to hold.

It is my friend.
;)

Cheers!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis