What are my rights here in Ontario canada ?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Good day

I now have my H 360 and it blows the other amp (yes i will say name as soon as all my business with dealer is satisfactorily settled) away , straight out of the box the 360 made me smile on the 1st note of Del Rio by St Vincent (Oh and bass response OH MY)

My concern here is as i look at my receipt it shows the H 360 as 3000.00 plus tax = 3400.00

Thats it , on paper it appears i only paid 3400.00 for that amp . Wicked deal eh .

In fact i traded in the old amp , the receipt does not evidence those values , or what i really paid for the H 360

Does this sound kosher to anyone here ?

I would like to put insurance floaters on my gear , and that receipt does not help the insurer much ?

I asked for a more detailed receipt , no reply yet

Thanks
With tax it should be 3,390. Did you make one of those "cash" deals again?

Hard to say if the deal is good without knowing what amp was used in the trade.

M

Muzique Junkie

Junior Audioholic
With tax it should be 3,390. Did you make one of those "cash" deals again?

Hard to say if the deal is good without knowing what amp was used in the trade.
Maybe he is just bad at math

I already know the deal was not good , but i felt trapped , and wanted out and to get rid of this relationship

Im just wondering if the way the guy writes receipts is kosher

Recpt: Heglel H 360 black $ 3008.85 = HST13% = 391.15 Totl = 40000.00

It appears i bout the amp for a truck of a deal eh

No it was no any special cash deal discount

No serial number , no details of true cost of H60 , no mention of trade in value , it just appears i got one truck of a deal for a brand new H 360

It all appears fishy

After avoiding my request for a detailed receipt , and trying to give me insurance advice instead , i said thank you for your advice , but please give me a detailed receipt

He eventually replied he would send one vial postal mail , not email like he usually does

Ill tell ya , when numbers are crunched im sure i over paid , but it may be worth it to get rid of this dealer

Anything i ve ever bought before with a serial number , and add as a trade in , all those details were on the receipt

Shady , fishy as all truck is what im feeling is being done

Cheers

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord

I already know the deal was not good , but i felt trapped , and wanted out and to get rid of this relationship

No serial number , no details of true cost of H60 , no mention of trade in value , it just appears i got one truck of a deal for a brand new H 360

It all appears fishy

After avoiding my request for a detailed receipt , and trying to give me insurance advice instead , i said thank you for your advice , but please give me a detailed receipt

He eventually replied he would send one vial postal mail , not email like he usually does

Ill tell ya , when numbers are crunched im sure i over paid , but it may be worth it to get rid of this dealer

Anything i ve ever bought before with a serial number , and add as a trade in , all those details were on the receipt

Cheers
He is an authorized Hegel dealer right?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So we can narrow down who that dealer is now.. :D
Thot I saw only one in Ontario.....

ps and on second look saw a few more :) but curious minds want to know is this dealer one of them or ?

Last edited:
Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
i was told verbally it had a 2 year warranty , yet the paper work in the box below the amp said 90 days
Is that not just if you don't register the product? Register with HEGEL Canada, you should get the full warranty.

As for slander, etc, you can't be guilty of slander if you only relate the facts.

M

Muzique Junkie

Junior Audioholic
Thank you

A few thoughts have me concerned where the receipts lack of details go

Is he trying to hide the true vale and cheat the tax , or maybe have i had a demo/used/returned amp dumped on me , that he may have got a good reduction on

So much shadiness

Slim has nothing over on this deal

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Thank you

A few thoughts have me concerned where the receipts lack of details go

Is he trying to hide the true vale and cheat the tax , or maybe have i had a demo/used/returned amp dumped on me , that he may have got a good reduction on

So much shadiness

Slim has nothing over on this deal
Why not just phone or email the distributor, give them the serial number of the unit and have them confirmed the unit is under warranty whether the dealer is authorized or not? Just make that call or send that email, and you won't have to wonder anymore.

The contact info are right on the Canadian website:

https://www.hegel.com/dealers/canada

Hegel Canada
Box 3075, Markham Station
Markham, ON L3R 6G4

richard@hegel.com
Phone: (905) 947-9229

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.

It all appears fishy

Cheers
https://www.ontario.ca/page/filing-consumer-complaint

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief
Is that not just if you don't register the product? Register with HEGEL Canada, you should get the full warranty.

As for slander, etc, you can't be guilty of slander if you only relate the facts.
I feel, re-reading the post, I should add a few things, just to be safe.

The key is to stick to factual information. The mistake people make is to blend the two (facts and derogatory accusations). So don't say "the dealer is a cheat" unless you back that up with clear evidence of cheating. Keep in mind that your idea of "clear evidence" may not be the same as the legal interpretation. If you get a ruling or court order (lawsuit result) that would be clear evidence.

It's probably OK to say "I feel I was cheated" (emphasis on how the situation makes you feel), your personal feelings are your own and perfectly valid, but keep it brief. Keep the emotions in check, maybe even create your posts or whatever in a text app and give it an hour before you re-read, edit, and post online.

Or just don't say anything at all and take your legal recourses.

In the end, you have the amp you want (apparently) and you could just walk away from the whole thing (once the details are worked out, with warranty, etc) and take a life lesson. But, it's entirely reasonable to get an answer from Consumer Protection agencies or whatever recourse you eventually decide to take.

I only say "walk" because life is short and grief (as in hassle, not bereavement) takes a toll on you. Letting go is, in the end, easier on your overall well being. Spoken as someone who has lived long and had my share of problems with people who are, basically, a-holes, and in some cases, people who were family or friends. It's a "peaceful, easy feeling" to quote the Eagles, to just get on with life and forget about stuff that gets in the way of enjoying it.

It was not a lesson I learned easily, but eventually I did learn.

In other words, put on some tunes and turn it up loud.

Last edited:
M

Muzique Junkie

Junior Audioholic
I feel, re-reading the post, I should add a few things, just to be safe.

The key is to stick to factual information. The mistake people make is to blend the two (facts and derogatory accusations). So don't say "the dealer is a cheat" unless you back that up with clear evidence of cheating. Keep in mind that your idea of "clear evidence" may not be the same as the legal interpretation. If you get a ruling or court order (lawsuit result) that would be clear evidence.

It's probably OK to say "I feel I was cheated" (emphasis on how the situation makes you feel), your personal feelings are your own and perfectly valid, but keep it brief. Keep the emotions in check, maybe even create your posts or whatever in a text app and give it an hour before you re-read, edit, and post online.

Or just don't say anything at all and take your legal recourses.

In the end, you have the amp you want (apparently) and you could just walk away from the whole thing (once the details are worked out, with warranty, etc) and take a life lesson. But, it's entirely reasonable to get an answer from Consumer Protection agencies or whatever recourse you eventually decide to take.

I only say "walk" because life is short and grief (as in hassle, not bereavement) takes a toll on you. Letting go is, in the end, easier on your overall well being. Spoken as someone who has lived long and had my share of problems with people who are, basically, a-holes, and in some cases, people who were family or friends. It's a "peaceful, easy feeling" to quote the Eagles, to just get on with life and forget about stuff that gets in the way of enjoying it.

It was not a lesson I learned easily, but eventually I did learn.

In other words, put on some tunes and turn it up loud.
Thank you

Fine advice on making a draft and waiting a bit

I made a draft , and will now crank some toons , maybe do some cardio and let this settle a bit

Cheers

M

Muzique Junkie

Junior Audioholic
Update :

The lack of serial number was not the dealers fault

I spoke with Richard who told me the dealer shipped directly from the warehouse , so he would nt know the serial number

My error , my apologies

But other important details are still missing , such as the true value of the H 360 and the trade in value of the repaired amp

Thanks

M

Muzique Junkie

Junior Audioholic
Im having a heck of a time sussing out how to run my RSA dark star on the H 360

I cant use the balanced for the DAC section , so im using single end RCAs s from my Dark star to either fixed or variable on the H 360

For the life of me I cant get sound thru my cans

On the digital display on front of H 360 which one do i choose for either variable or fixed ?

I ve tried them all to no avail

Thanks

M

Muzique Junkie

Junior Audioholic
I got headphones working by using fixed and usb on H 360

Odd that i cant choose variable . Richard said i could choose either

I would like to give variable a test , as Richard said the attenuator? on H 360 is a goodun

Is there any advice on how to do that ?

Thanks

Johnny2Bad

Johnny2Bad

Audioholic Chief

I would like to give variable a test , as Richard said the attenuator? on H 360 is a goodun

Thanks
Ask the manufacturer / national distributor, whom should be happy to answer your questions, or if there is such a thing, in a Hegel forum. Was there no documentation with the amp to refer to?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord

Thanks
If you used the variable output on the Hegel, you would have to set the volume control to maximum, or high enough to drive the Dark star. Or you would have to set the Dark star volume to maximum (just for argument sake, don't do it) and use the Hegel's volume control instead.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis