Welcome to the Jungle

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
5 Minute Make Over

Got my hands on a rec'r with phono inputs and a gay friend gave us a bunch of odds and ends because he's moving in with his boyfriend. Those people sure can decorate. Anyway this end table was just what I needed to put the record player on.

Here's the rec'r ... an old Onkyo TX-SR800 ... $120.

... and here's the gay divider in the corner with the gay fake Bonsai trees and some gay nick knacks on my subs. :rolleyes:

Excuse the lame flash photo's. I was so stoked about finally being able to play records out there that I just had to share. I've got another record player to put into mantown but the beloved AR XB Model lives out in the main room now.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Final Answer ... for now ... and better pic's

Front & Center

Left

Right

I think I'm done for the night.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Front & Center

Left

Right

I think I'm done for the night.

Good God Man! Adding all that stuff does not disguise the fact that your setup is a dog's breakfast. Your living room looks like a freakin' pawn shop! Can't you find a component stand to place your gear in/on? :eek:

Sorry, I know the truth hurts. But it's for your own good. Are you angling for an appearance on "Hoarders"? Consider this an intervention.;)

Just kidding!:D:D Kinda......

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Can't you find a component stand to place your gear in/on?
You sound just like my wife ... :confused: ... :eek:
I've resisted the $300 - $500 presswood entertainment center solution in favor of this:

Front

Back

Detail at Doors which are on pocket door hardware.

Glass for doors

Mahogany shelves

It's oak veneer ply with mahogany trim and shelves. I plan to cut a hole in the wall and push that box through into the next room. I'll be able to access the back of the gear through that door that's trimmed out in mahogany with the brass handles on the piano hinge.

Pawn shop? ... some of it was free. I would use an Embarrassment smilie but I kind of like my gear.
Good thing I didn't have my SACD/DVD-A player hooked up too. It doesn't match anything in there either.

I think I'm going to go over there to work on it now ... you equipment fashionista! :p

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Pawn shop? ... some of it was free. I would use an Embarrassment smilie but I kind of like my gear.
Good thing I didn't have my SACD/DVD-A player hooked up too. It doesn't match anything in there either.

I think I'm going to go over there to work on it now ... you equipment fashionista! :p
I wasn't criticizing your gear - there's nothing wrong with it, just the "arrangement" thereof.

Looks like a nice stand, but I think you destroyed your living room fitting it in...:D

I plan to cut a hole in the wall and push that box through into the next room
You mean like this?:D:D

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_nov2006/RedneckFlatScreenB.jpg

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Looks like a nice stand, but I think you destroyed your living room fitting it in...:D
Cheryl, jokes over. I know that's you posting. Knock it off already and get in the kitchen. I'm hungry.
Quit goofing around and make me something to eat.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm in the kitchen peeling potatoes and chopping garlic ... WTF ??? :confused:

I could have sworn that you and she were one and the same. :eek:

That 'stand' is a hope chest that we can not get into now. It wasn't suppose to take me this long to do the in-wall thing but there it is. I get teased pretty mercilessly about how long it has taken by folks but I simply can't afford to buy what I'm building and refuse to pay for press wood. That would be a sin.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Knock it off already and get in the kitchen. I'm hungry.
Quit goofing around and make me something to eat.
[/QUOTE]
What's for lunch?

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I'm in the kitchen peeling potatoes and chopping garlic ...
Mmmmm...watcha makin'? :D

I could have sworn that you and she were one and the same.
I'm "channeling" her...whatever that means...:confused:

That 'stand' is a hope chest that we can not get into now. It wasn't suppose to take me this long to do the in-wall thing but there it is. I get teased pretty mercilessly about how long it has taken by folks but I simply can't afford to buy what I'm building and refuse to pay for press wood. That would be a sin.
I hear ya on the press wood thing. It's garbage, and as soon as they slap the "A/V" label on it, they charge 2-3 times what it's really worth. I build my own cabinetry myself. Keep it up - I'm sure it'll look great when it's done.:)

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
That 'stand' is a hope chest that we can not get into now.
The "hope chest" is supposed to be full of stuff she is saving for when she hopes to be married. If you marry her, you can get rid of the hope chest. Simple.;)

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I'm in the kitchen peeling potatoes and chopping garlic ... WTF ??? :confused:
That 'stand' is a hope chest that we can not get into now.

The "hope chest" is supposed to be full of stuff she is saving for when she hopes to be married. If you marry her, you can get rid of the hope chest. Simple.;)

What hopes and dreams could poor Cheryl possibly have at this point?:confused::D
Oh I just can't wait to talk to her.;):D

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Nice system Alex. I like your choice of speakers. But tell me, do you own anything that you haven't dissassembled at one point or another?
Which mod made the most improvement?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis