T

The Viking

Audioholic
I've got some minty vinyl listed here and over at AVS...shameless, I know, but you've got to go where the interest is. :)

Jason

poutanen

poutanen

Full Audioholic
Picked up Radiohead "The Best Of" box set on vinyl today. Four record set, all the good stuff that I really like on there. So far I've only listened to one side of one record, but I'm impressed so far.

Pyramid Song is on now, and the piano sounds great.... :D

Amazon.ca wants $75 CDN, I got it for $48 at HMV in downtown Toronto.

http://www.amazon.ca/Best-Vinyl-Radiohead/dp/B0018FNCS8

F

farout

Audioholic Intern
farout

cds will never be life like like records. iv gone thru it all. have a large record collection which i never dumped like i seen over the years to cds. fools now its comin back or as it seems. maybe depends what part of the country you are in.time will tell.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
If You Go to a Record Store, Bring a Lot of Money

A boredom induced trip to Newbury Comics yielded an RCA discwasher toy and a couple of used CD's. I couldn't afford the vinyl. Good thing I had plenty at home. Fortunately for me there is a used record store in Pawtucket, RI called Luke's that is reasonable. So they had Radiohead for ~ $50. I'm not sure which one though. I'm had to do a search to find out that I recognize and like Karma Police. I don't know why I didn't pay more attention while I was there. Probably sticker shock. Chances are that I'll end up back there soon.

I can't believe I'm posting in the vinyl thread. :rolleyes: :)

Matty Red Sox

Matty Red Sox

Audioholic Intern
Ohhhh vinyl. I'll be checking in here frequently. My awesome turntable is going to join some other good equipement soon...

poutanen

poutanen

Full Audioholic
A boredom induced trip to Newbury Comics yielded an RCA discwasher toy and a couple of used CD's. I couldn't afford the vinyl. Good thing I had plenty at home. Fortunately for me there is a used record store in Pawtucket, RI called Luke's that is reasonable. So they had Radiohead for ~ $50. I'm not sure which one though. I'm had to do a search to find out that I recognize and like Karma Police. I don't know why I didn't pay more attention while I was there. Probably sticker shock. Chances are that I'll end up back there soon.

I can't believe I'm posting in the vinyl thread. :rolleyes: :)
Nothing wrong with vinyl, it's like a car with a carb, sometimes it's more fun to go through the routine instead of just pushing "play".

I got a radiohead box set brand new for $50 at HMV last month, it's a 4 disc best of set, and there's some good **** on there. Really cool story on the inside top cover of the box... turns out radiohead might have had some influence from another favorite of mine... DJ Shadow (for their late 90's and later albums)

poutanen

poutanen

Full Audioholic
Hey Aaron,

Yeah I caught the part about you recently scoring the box set.
I'm not knocking vinyl ... anymore. :D

I'm an uber-newb though. You can read all about it here:
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55035
Nice thread! I'm more uber-newb than you though, I haven't even looked at new stylus'/needles or anything. I bought a Kenwood KD-3070 from fleabay last year and pickup a new album here or there.

Got a few good ones from eBay (Metallica black album), bought DJ Shadow Endtroducing... from his website, most of my smallish collection I've got from goodwill!!! When I first got my turntable I'd go scrounging through goodwill looking at records, and if I found something I like, I'd look it over scratches, etc. and then take a chance. About 1/3rd of the vinyl bought from goodwill plays well, and most of it was $.50 to $.99 a record. I got some Supertramp, Pink Floyd, Tchaikovsky, Mozart, Dire Straits... etc. (I skipped over the engelbert humperdink and the barry manilow, of which there was LOTS) :p

I'd say it's a minor hobby for me at this point, every once in a while it's nice to just turn off the TV and sit back and focus on listening to every little nuance in the music. :D

Cheers!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Hey Aaron,

Yeah I caught the part about you recently scoring the box set.
I'm not knocking vinyl ... anymore. :D

I'm an uber-newb though. You can read all about it here:
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55035
Geeze Alex, of all people, even your so called knocks were polite and entertaining to read. *L*

Score anything new/used lately?

I scored some blues albmums the other week; some Albert King, Sonnie & Ronnie of whom I've never heard off before and a double LP from John Lee Hooker.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis