Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
It's not even good looking let alone practical. Definitely not my style :) The girl otoh....
Yeah, I knew you wouldn't like that ugly, Elvis Presley looking bike. Not to derail the thread, but they got those electric bikes all over this town now. Stopped to talk to one dude about his, dude said he payed over 3K for it. Got no more than 25 miles pre hour and that was on a straight level road. But yeah the chick was the point. ;)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I knew you wouldn't like that ugly, Elvis Presley looking bike. Not to derail the thread, but they got those electric bikes all over this town now. Stopped to talk to one dude about his, dude said he payed over 3K for it. Got no more than 25 miles pre hour and that was on a straight level road.
My e-bike goes for $9k now, and the e-bike assist cuts out over 20mph. Throttle e-bikes are a different category as well as higher speeds and may come under vehicle laws, so depends on your needs. If you want to not pedal at all check out Segway's X160 or the Sur-Ron X (basically same machine but with different finish/options)....you can go up to 60 mph IIRC if you unlock some of the software :)

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
So just for grins lets list the TTs and carts we have owned and when.
David, you're testing my memory (not good right now, big Manhattan and bottle of a nice Cab for dinner) but I will tell of a favorite from years back that will forever remain in my mind ................

TT - Kenwood KD500
Arm - Premier - MMT
Cartridge - Grace F9e 'super' (my personal fav MM of all time)

Coupled with the CJ PV-9 I had at the time(lush, euphoric, happy distortion, call it what you want !) it was musically engaging to say the least !

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
My e-bike goes for $9k now, and the e-bike assist cuts out over 20mph. Throttle e-bikes are a different category as well as higher speeds and may come under vehicle laws, so depends on your needs. If you want to not pedal at all check out Segway's X160 or the Sur-Ron X (basically same machine but with different finish/options)....you can go up to 60 mph IIRC if you unlock some of the software :)
Yeah, I started researching those E-bikes. Someone wanting to get away from cars, paying outrageous Insurance. Yeah I can see the practicality in that.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
:eek: , that would buy you a very nice TT, cartridge and phono-pre ........;)
For what maybe a 1% difference over what I have? Nah....plus wouldn't have to spend that much to get to the top end anyways.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Me I started with a

Very nice. How does it sound?
Still using the same tt for last 36/37 years, a Technics SL1200mk2. Don't remember all the cartridges I used with that and the Dual 1219 I had before that....currently using the Shure M97Xe which will likely be the last one as well. I have used several other Shures, Grados, Empire, Stanton, and a few others I'm not coming up with.....

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah, I knew you wouldn't like that ugly, Elvis Presley looking bike. Not to derail the thread, but they got those electric bikes all over this town now. Stopped to talk to one dude about his, dude said he payed over 3K for it. Got no more than 25 miles pre hour and that was on a straight level road. But yeah the chick was the point. ;)
Eh no Elvis had some bikes and finer ladies.
elvis582470400.jpg
unnamed (7).jpg

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
What insurance?
Car insurance, liability insurance, collision insurance, comprehensive insurance, roadside assistance insurance. Can't drive any car or truck on the roads you get pulled over with no insurance your car gets impounded and you get a ticket. Sorry guys last one on derailing this outstanding vinyl thread, kind of like sacrilege to do that to a Vinyl thread. I still have my very 1st LP I got back in 74, I still cry to this day when I take it out for a spin, Chris, lots of young women dig Vinyl you know. Took this pretty little young thing home one night that I picked up at a bar, no Chris I wasn't drinking no Miller Lite, Blue Moon is my go to beer now. ;) anyways got to my apartment, when she laid eyes on my TT, she busted out, You have a record player! .. :D turn back to bring her a glass of Wine, her hair was down and a few buttons on her blouse also. Women love nostalgic Chris especially them young little hot things like on that bike!:)

Last edited:
S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Me I started with a

Very nice. How does it sound?
I've got to tell ya, the V15 type III/SAS-B is my go-to cart right now. It sounds like stereo SACD; plus, greater sound stage dimension and presence. It's somewhat similar to my AT-OC9XML; yet I prefer the Shure over the AT.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
But such horrible bikes....too bad Harley Davidson never really got it.
LOL, I made a fair some of money off HD (NYSE) back in the day so you have no clue as to 'really never got it'. As for the brand, name me one other brand of motorcycle more copied that the HD V-twin....... you can't !!

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm using the phono stage on my AVR. I have no complaints with the sound quality of it.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
Still using the same tt for last 36/37 years, a Technics SL1200mk2. Don't remember all the cartridges I used with that and the Dual 1219 I had before that....currently using the Shure M97Xe which will likely be the last one as well. I have used several other Shures, Grados, Empire, Stanton, and a few others I'm not coming up with.....
BTW, i have two turntables, one of them is a 47 year old Sony PS-4750, which is currently running a Shure M97xE mounted to an AT-LH11H Headshell. I've got to tell you, it sounds on par to my new Technics SL-1210GR running an AT-OC9XML from same type headshell. It makes me question the money spent on the new system, which I incorrectly thought would increase my listening pleasure from LPs.
50653912272_53a29188c0_c.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
David, you're testing my memory (not good right now, big Manhattan and bottle of a nice Cab for dinner) but I will tell of a favorite from years back that will forever remain in my mind ................

TT - Kenwood KD500
Arm - Premier - MMT
Cartridge - Grace F9e 'super' (my personal fav MM of all time)

Coupled with the CJ PV-9 I had at the time(lush, euphoric, happy distortion, call it what you want !) it was musically engaging to say the least !
Never had a Grace cart but I read great reviews. My all-time favorite MM cart was the Shure V15Type3. But my favorite cart was the MC Dynavector 10x3. I guess I could upgrade my REGA Carbon on my Planar 3 but since most of my LP's are used I like the conical stylus.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis