davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
So...
a mini poll.
What TT cart phono pre amp do you have?
Me a Rega Planar 3 with a Rega Carbon cart into my HK 3490 phono preamp. Not state of the art I know but most of my LPs are used and the conical stylus of the Carbon makes them listenable and some of them quite good.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I have a Schiit Mani for the Grado M+ (monoaural) Cartridge on my old Kenwood KD4100 direct drive TT. For the Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge on my E.A.T. C-MaJor TT, I use the internal phono amp of my Luxman L-505uX Mark 2 integrated amp.

The Schiit Mani used to be my primary phono amp going into the Emotiva USP-1 pre-amp that I have since gifted to my son, the Luxman's internal phono amp is noticeably better!! The Mani is no slouch, so I'm pleasantly surprised with what I got with the Luxman.

Attachments

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
VPI Aries 3(super platter, SDS, perf ring) > Benz Micro Gull Wing > Fosgate Signature phono-pre ........

IMG_0128 audio rack 4:18:20.jpg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks David, but trust me, it's a long way from 'state of the art' ! But on the other hand It does give a real glimpse into what analog is capable of........
Which speakers and amp do you have with that setup?

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Picked up Project Carbon EVO last February after my CEC linear tracking TT went on the fritz. Came with the Ortofon Red but I still have an Audio Technica AT-152LP cartridge which on paper has better specs than the Ortofon. It's a p-mount though, so I need to get some proper gauges to align it correctly. I replaced the stock steel platter with the acrylic option. Phono pre-amp in my Denon AVR does just fine. (Need to add a photo)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I have a Schiit Mani for the Grado M+ (monoaural) Cartridge on my old Kenwood KD4100 direct drive TT. For the Ortofon Quintet Blue cartridge on my E.A.T. C-MaJor TT, I use the internal phono amp of my Luxman L-505uX Mark 2 integrated amp.

The Schiit Mani used to be my primary phono amp going into the Emotiva USP-1 pre-amp that I have since gifted to my son, the Luxman's internal phono amp is noticeably better!! The Mani is no slouch, so I'm pleasantly surprised with what I got with the Luxman.
How do you like that E.A.T. TT? I get updates from Audio Advisor and they carry the E.A.T. products. Sort of like a high-end Project TT.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Ken, I'm using Revel Studio 2's driven by a pair of Pass Labs X260.8's ...........
How do you like that E.A.T. TT? I get updates from Audio Advisor and they carry the E.A.T. products. Sort of like a high-end Project TT.
I *love* this C-Major! The European Audio Team is headed by Jozefina Lichtenegger, the spouse of the guy who owns ProJect. She keeps the companies separate, though they work out of the same building in Prague. There are just a couple of parts out of the ProJect parts bin, such as the on/off switch and the RCA output block. All the major parts such as the tone arm, platter and plinth are unique to the E.A.T. group.

As one goes up the line their turntables get better with more unique parts, and better specs. I might want to upgrade to an E.A.T. Forte at some point in the future.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
VPI Classic , feed by a Manley Chinook, using a Lyra Delos ( or a Dynavector 20x-2L) cartridge.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
So...
a mini poll.
What TT cart phono pre amp do you have?
Me a Rega Planar 3 with a Rega Carbon cart into my HK 3490 phono preamp. Not state of the art I know but most of my LPs are used and the conical stylus of the Carbon makes them listenable and some of them quite good.
I have very little experience with phono amps, since the built-in phono stages of my preamplier (Parasound P6) and receiver (Marantz NR1200) have satisfied, meaning they seemingly are producing appropriate and uncolored gain from all of my carts: Shure V15V-MR, Shure V15V/SAS-B, Shure V15 type III/SAS-B, Shure M97xE, AT-OC9XML, andAT-VM540ML. So far, the cart I like best is my Shure V15 type III/SAS-B. It delivers an SACD like sound with a little airier sound stage than I realize from SACDs.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I *love* this C-Major! The European Audio Team is headed by Jozefina Lichtenegger, the spouse of the guy who owns ProJect. She keeps the companies separate, though they work out of the same building in Prague. There are just a couple of parts out of the ProJect parts bin, such as the on/off switch and the RCA output block. All the major parts such as the tone arm, platter and plinth are unique to the E.A.T. group.

As one goes up the line their turntables get better with more unique parts, and better specs. I might want to upgrade to an E.A.T. Forte at some point in the future.
Yeah Audio Advisor really speaks highly of the E.A.T. TTS. They also explained what you said about the manufacture of them.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
VPI Classic , feed by a Manley Chinook, using a Lyra Delos ( or a Dynavector 20x-2L) cartridge.
I had a Dynavector 10x3 on an entry level Thorens TT back in the 1980s. Might have been the best sounding cart I ever owned.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I have very little experience with phono amps, since the built-in phono stages of my preamplier (Parasound P6) and receiver (Marantz NR1200) have satisfied, meaning they seemingly are producing appropriate and uncolored gain from all of my carts: Shure V15V-MR, Shure V15V/SAS-B, Shure V15 type III/SAS-B, Shure M97xE, AT-OC9XML, andAT-VM540ML. So far, the cart I like best is my Shure V15 type III/SAS-B. It delivers an SACD like sound with a little airier sound stage than I realize from SACDs.
Ah the vintage V15 type 3. I had one of those on my Technics DD TT back in the late 70s. Another one of my favorite carts that I had the pleasure of owning.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis