lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd like to take a sledge hammer to it and put it out of its misery but only after I rescue the record.
Come on, it's kinda cute. Look at that arm mechanism! Steampunk at its finest....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
no clue, looks like some homemade linear tracking contraption, agree with 3db, it needs to taken out of it's/our misery ......
Yeah one of the guys who diy's turntables and even linear arms said he hadn't seen a design like that before....but if it works, no reason to get rid of it, definitely as pretty as much of the stuff out there to play records :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Interesting Asia album pressing. Anyone have this type of pressing?

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
IMG_3204.JPG

How not to store records, sure she's wearing gloves to keep fingerprints off the grooves, but the records are stored without their jackets, makes it hard to locate in this vault. LOL (still from the 1950 film "Whirlpool" starring Gene Tierney, Richard Conte, Jose Ferrer, Charles Bickford.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Too many to show, so only side view only. A mix of 60s, 70s and lots 80s stuff that I used to own. :eek: Thrifty finds:
IMG_18032021_172558_(1201_x_1900_pixel).jpg

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
My Next Turntable..can someone loan me a couple hundred thousand dollars please? :). This was actually fun to watch.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I'm more than pleased with my new Degritter Ultrasonic RCM.It takes the improvement in reduction of surface noise/imperfections to another level that my VPI could not. While certainly not cheap I consider it a worthy addition to my analog addiction.............

IMG_0154.JPG

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I'm more than pleased with my new Degritter Ultrasonic RCM.It takes the improvement in reduction of surface noise/imperfections to another level that my VPI could not. While certainly not cheap I consider it a worthy addition to my analog addiction.............

View attachment 46495
Is that a Bee Gees album being cleaned? I clean mine with soap and water and dry with a soft cloth. Poor me.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Is that a Bee Gees album being cleaned?
No, Eric Clapton 'Slow Hand'

I clean mine with soap and water and dry with a soft cloth. Poor me.
There are plenty of decent 'home brew' ways to clean your Lp's. I would never use tap water, distilled only. As for soap, maybe a drop or two of Dawn.

I remember back in my College days mixing cheap Vodka/distilled water and a couple drops of a Kodak surfactant agent. That along with cutting a 2" paint brush bristles down to an inch did the trick !

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
I've been appraising my recently purchased A-T VM540M, as mounted to a Technics SL-1210GR, about 60 hours now on familiar LPs. Comparing and contrasting it to my Shure V15V-MR to determine if the new cart satisfies in the ways the Shure does; I am sensing, ever so slightly, that the Shure delivers a somewhat sweeter sound from stringed instruments, as well as more micro detail at low volume, while the A-T might be more forward or bolder sounding than the Shure; however, these impressions have been made using a Schitt Mani to deliver the Shure experience while a Parasound P6 is delivering the A-T experience, so my impressions might not be exclusive to cart performance. At any rate, so far, I have come away from most listening sessions with a sense that the inexpensive VM540ML is
51056386558_21779feeb6_k.jpg
the equal of the Shure V15V-MR, delivering a tone indistinguishable from CDs as does the Shure. This is the hoped for outcome, since OEM stylus is no longer available for the Shure cart.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
250 is inexpensive? :D Yeah I know there over 1,000 more expensive, but still. 299 for the Denon 103 that I desperately want and still expensive for me. Glad you're enjoying it though. I had that Shure cart and it was a great one.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
250 is inexpensive? :D Yeah I know there over 1,000 more expensive, but still. 299 for the Denon 103 that I desperately want and still expensive for me. Glad you're enjoying it though. I had that Shure cart and it was a great one.
$299 for that makes it one of the best values- I have a 103d and it still sounds great, although I keep my LPs and stylus very clean and can check it with a microscope.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis