afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Good morning! Setup the preamp this morning in the living room. It’s an ok amp a little roll off on the treble. For the money it does the job for now. I’ll upgrade later on. Crystal Gayle GH’s on this stormy sunday weather in Fl.
9FD0A82F-3434-4212-B49E-1D27853E57A8.jpeg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Great underrated Canadian singer France Joli. I was so happy when I saw this!!! I had all her albums.
19028E56-3FD3-4543-BB22-C693D4410038.jpeg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thought this one was really scratched, but it isn’t after I cleaned it. Simon & Garfunkel. Clean copy A-. In glorious Stereo separation!
1E838FA9-92B7-48D1-8575-15ED03C051AB.jpeg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Eydie Gorme & The Trio Los Panchos. My second lucky vinyl find of this singer. Although Jewish she sang these Spanish songs perfectly and had quite a range. She grew up in a latin neighborhood.
BE7C518D-6258-4F51-A0B0-C52C418A1A13.jpeg

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Love that album. One of my favorites. "Me importas tú y y y solamente ... "

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Love that album. One of my favorites. "Me importas tú y y y solamente ... "
Awesome Treb. I found it at my thrift shop and love it too. Got 3 of her albums now and bought a CD on ebay. Lady had crazy talent.

These P.Y.P inner sleeves are great:
64010A3D-A033-42BD-8AE7-0E8D3CB6A586.jpeg
DAAAFB7A-FCF1-4368-BB5E-25910ABF9D9C.jpeg
EEA37DC0-5E6E-480B-8299-8859C29AACC0.jpeg

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I hate paper sleeves as liners and I had purchased some plastic sleeves so everytime I played a record, I would toss out the paper sleeve and use the plastic sleeve instead..until.. I pulled out Supertramp "Even In The Quietest Moments" on the A&M label. There sleeves were paper but had a plastic inner sleeve in the paper sleeve. They had the nicest sleeves of any label I came across. As a result I mimick A&M and do this..

liner.JPG

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I hate paper sleeves as liners and I had purchased some plastic sleeves so everytime I played a record, I would toss out the paper sleeve and use the plastic sleeve instead..until.. I pulled out Supertramp "Even In The Quietest moments on the A&M label. There sleeves were paper but had a plastic inner sleeve in the paper sleeve. They had the nicest sleeves of any label I came across. As a result I mimick A&M and do this..

View attachment 42736
agreed, I use the archivable plastic sleeves as well. I mark the date with a sharpie in the corner to keep track of the last time I ran the Lp through my RCM

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The paper sleeves I ordered off of Amazon came last tonight so I went thru my blues collection making sure either that records that already contained plastic sleeves were thick enough to be on its own, put records that were in paper sleeves only in plastic and then paper sleeves and the records with the thin plastic sleeves that are rounded at the end are inserted into a paper sleeve.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I hate paper sleeves as liners and I had purchased some plastic sleeves so everytime I played a record, I would toss out the paper sleeve and use the plastic sleeve instead..until.. I pulled out Supertramp "Even In The Quietest Moments" on the A&M label. There sleeves were paper but had a plastic inner sleeve in the paper sleeve. They had the nicest sleeves of any label I came across. As a result I mimick A&M and do this..

View attachment 42736
I recently bought Nina Simone's "Pastel Blues" 1965 re-issue. It came in a plastic-rice paper combo sleeve, really nice. (I guess it's 'rice paper', it sure is much softer than those usual paper sleeves! )

IMG_3034.JPG

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
If you want the best and most pure power for a turntable that operates on DC, use batteries. They introduce zero noise, zero buzz, zero anything but voltage and current.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
If you want the best and most pure power for a turntable that operates on DC, use batteries. They introduce zero noise, zero buzz, zero anything but voltage and current.
Works great until you start getting voltage sag as the batteries lose power o_O

highfigh

highfigh

Works great until you start getting voltage sag as the batteries lose power o_O
With the low current draw, it should be easy to use for long periods. If someone wants to make it REALLY easy, use Lithium Ion cordless tool batteries, so the charge level is easy to see and they can be swapped between LPs and there's no break-in period.

I look forward to peoples' comments about that.

5-6 Ah batteries are a helluva lot less money than this crap.

If you look at the actual energy used by small electronics like turntables, streaming devices, DACs, etc, I'm surprised the DIY community hasn't jumped all over cordless tool batteries- the Chinese knock-offs are good and cheap. Not sure any are actually made in the US, but if using foreign-made is a problem for someone, they're kinda screwed because the battery cells are made there, too. Closed cell, AGM, Carbon Foam or Lithium Ion batteries for other applications would work, too- many battery companies still make their products in the US.

WRT sag, look into guitar players who search far & wide for 'just the right rectifier' tube- they read about a vintage amp that has 'wonderful sag' and have to have it, even though it would never be the same with their modern design. They'll pay over $100 for one tube from the '50s, to put it in a $300 POS amp because they think they'll sound like angels when they play.

I'm sorry, I was wrong- apparently, a NOS GZ34/5AR4 can be close to $300.

Last edited:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
With the low current draw, it should be easy to use for long periods. If someone wants to make it REALLY easy, use Lithium Ion cordless tool batteries, so the charge level is easy to see and they can be swapped between LPs and there's no break-in period.

I look forward to peoples' comments about that.

5-6 Ah batteries are a helluva lot less money than this crap.

If you look at the actual energy used by small electronics like turntables, streaming devices, DACs, etc, I'm surprised the DIY community hasn't jumped all over cordless tool batteries- the Chinese knock-offs are good and cheap. Not sure any are actually made in the US, but if using foreign-made is a problem for someone, they're kinda screwed because the battery cells are made there, too. Closed cell, AGM, Carbon Foam or Lithium Ion batteries for other applications would work, too- many battery companies still make their products in the US.

WRT sag, look into guitar players who search far & wide for 'just the right rectifier' tube- they read about a vintage amp that has 'wonderful sag' and have to have it, even though it would never be the same with their modern design. They'll pay over $100 for one tube from the '50s, to put it in a $300 POS amp because they think they'll sound like angels when they play.

I'm sorry, I was wrong- apparently, a NOS GZ34/5AR4 can be close to $300.

Hey, I have a purely DC supplied tube pre-amp! Talk about esoteric ;) The Bottlehead Quickie. Of course, I also have the Constant Current Source Upgrade, so my sweet tube performance does not degrade as the batteries wind down.

1609862478683.png

highfigh

highfigh

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis