slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
What is the price for re-tipping these days? and it is trustworthy?
I can't comment on these specific carts/styli.

But, I have looked at a replacement stylus a few times in the past, and the cost of the stylus vs. the price of a new cart never made any sense to me! I guess if a new stylus for an iconic cart was the only option, then it makes sense.

But, case in point, when the Shure M97xe was announced to be discontinued, I looked into a stylus price vs. the full cart, and bought the full cart.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I can't comment on these specific carts/styli.

But, I have looked at a replacement stylus a few times in the past, and the cost of the stylus vs. the price of a new cart never made any sense to me! I guess if a new stylus for an iconic cart was the only option, then it makes sense.

But, case in point, when the Shure M97xe was announced to be discontinued, I looked into a stylus price vs. the full cart, and bought the full cart.
I didn’t know it was discontinued. Whoa I liked that cart when I had it. I need to get that Denon MC. Maybe next year.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I didn’t know it was discontinued. Whoa I liked that cart when I had it. I need to get that Denon MC. Maybe next year.
Not just the one model, Shure got out of the cartridge biz altogether two or so years ago....

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Not just the one model, Shure got out of the cartridge biz altogether two or so years ago....
Dang I didn’t know that either. I guess the only way to find them is on eBay now. At least we still have other great companies making great carts.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Dang I didn’t know that either. I guess the only way to find them is on eBay now. At least we still have other great companies making great carts.
Just after the announcement the prices went up 2-3x on the M97xE.....and replacement styli are pricey, too. At the rate I use mine, won't need to worry about replacing it....

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Just after the announcement the prices went up 2-3x on the M97xE.....and replacement styli are pricey, too. At the rate I use mine, won't need to worry about replacing it....
I have an M97xe in service on my SL1210, and one new in box (opened the box to inspect it).

When they made the announcement, I immediately bought a spare, before prices started going up.

I have a 2M Red in service that came stock on my Pro-Ject.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have an M97xe in service on my SL1210, and one new in box (opened the box to inspect it).

When they made the announcement, I immediately bought a spare, before prices started going up.

I had found on Amazon one back then for a spare but they kept cancelling my order and raising the price....but at maybe an hour or two a month.....

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Woah only $500 now on Amazon. Dang I looked on amazon and I bought mine for $65 in 2010. Fk

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord

All I want is a 2M Red again and Denon 103. Hopefully next year.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Xmas LP lot. I found these today at my thrift store. All in minty condition. Any Grant is still sealed! Hopefully I can find Nat and Elvis. Never seen Oklahoma, but Shirley Jones is singing so why not? The Sting I saw as a teen, so I don’t remember it well. Theme is famous though. Streisand cause why not?
8A89D0D0-6642-4A61-A407-71B9F30F6C72.jpeg

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hi guys! These any good. A lot of my $1-2 thrift vinyl don’t have inner sleeves or are torn. These any good?
Don’t wanna spend more than $15. Rank you.
579543BB-33B2-46B2-9DDD-C8CD26F11300.png

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Really nice thrift store vinyl haul today! All in good to great condition. Anne Murray is sealed. Lots of Como’s stuff since you guys recommended him. Getting my Elvis collection back little by little. Crystal Gayle Hits, etc. Just a mixed of stuff!
E770BAE5-109A-4406-B43E-1CF2102F9B08.jpeg

ED335BA4-B37E-438B-A505-620E1D60A39B.jpeg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis