Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
one other thing, as your collection grows you'll need to figure what means you will use for organization/filing. Myself ....... Genre > alphabetical (artist)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
one other thing, as your collection grows you'll need to figure what means you will use for organization/filing. Myself ....... Genre > alphabetical (artist)
Thanks man! Yep I'm dredding doing it alphabetically by name of artist, but will have to. Searching is not bad now, but it will be soon. ✌

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Then there's the question do you alphabetize by first or last name? How about groups named for the leader? I used to do it by last name like my record store did (Tower) but my computer apps generally do it by first name so tend to do that now (and when I had roommates it led to "missing" records when they didn't follow my system :) ). I tend to separate out only a few genres like soundtracks and classical and anthologies (all of which have alphabetization issues....what do you alphabetize....composer or performer or performer/conductor etc?).

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
good point on Classical, myself I go by 'Composer'. Pretty much everything else is by 'last name' (artist) but for say rock group Fleetwood Mac it would be 'F'

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I have 3 separate bookcase style units, each capable of holding 500Lp's. One is strictly for Classical, one for all other instrumental(Jazz, New Age, etc) and the other all things vocal. Within each the arrangement is alphabetical as I stated earlier.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Congrats on the free shelf. I just have to say though that I always get nervous when I see people loading shelves from the top! Much more stable if you start at the bottom.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
good point on Classical, myself I go by 'Composer'. Pretty much everything else is by 'last name' (artist) but for say rock group Fleetwood Mac it would be 'F'
Well since that's Mick's surname that works either way :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hi guys quick question. I want to hook up my turntable with RCA cables via an hdmi adapter to my receiver with HDMI. No analog inputs on receiver. Which one is budget friendly that would work? I have a pre amp already. Thanks!
This work?
_20210609_203100.JPG

IMG_09062021_203753_(1842_x_2000_pixel).jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What receiver do you have without analog input? I don't think I've seen one....

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
What receiver do you have without analog input? I don't think I've seen one....
OK analog only right channel works. I tested it with various things, so rca to hdmi is the only solution right now.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
OK analog only right channel works. I tested it with various things, so rca to hdmi is the only solution right now.
Analog on all inputs same thing with the left channel out? Yet hdmi works? Usually the other way around :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Analog on all inputs same thing with the left channel out? Yet hdmi works? Usually the other way around :)
Nope analog was working before, but for some reason left speaker is barely heard. HDMI works great. So ya know an adapter that would work?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
But you tried all analog inputs and same thing?
Yep all 3. Well I ordered this hope it works.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Curious, you went thru input assignment or tried resets ?
Yep all that, except for reset. Maybe I'll try a reset tomorrow. Edit. Just tried the reset it did nothing.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis