User Name -please explain

Pheaton

Pheaton

Audioholic
Hi,
Um, I'm not going to tell you. If you want to know, you will just have to figure it out for yourself.:p Actually it should not be that hard to figure out since the screen name and the avatar go together. Just to make it interesting I will give a green chicklet to the first person that figures it out. (If you actually care enough to look that is)

Pheaton

annunaki

annunaki

Annunaki or Anunnaki (Sumerian/Akkadian; Nephilim in Hebrew)= "Those who from heaven to Earth came" or "Those who came down"

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Hi,
Um, I'm not going to tell you. If you want to know, you will just have to figure it out for yourself.:p Actually it should not be that hard to figure out since the screen name and the avatar go together. Just to make it interesting I will give a green chicklet to the first person that figures it out. (If you actually care enough to look that is)

Pheaton
Exo-Squad.

SheepStar

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Ya ever think about all the nerd girls ya turned away in school because they weren't "hot":rolleyes:,bums me right out just thinkin about it:(.
That and the number of girls I turned away because I was too young to understand the signals they were sending. I think back on all these times and I'm like, "Aawww man, she wanted to do me." Dammit. What was I thinking?!?!?

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
Well mines not that hard. I was a gymnast for years and coached it after that. Highbar was the event that I disliked the most, I spent a lot of time on highbar to get better.

Now my little sister goes to the same gym, and loves everything.

Tony

Pheaton

Pheaton

Audioholic
Hi,
See it only took Sheep three hours to figure it out. Exo-Squad was a cartoon from the mid 90's that actually had a continuing story line. IMO it was one of the most well done cartoons ever produced.

Pheaton

Lightning Steve

Lightning Steve

Audioholic
I'm Lightning Steve as I have a Ford SVT Lightning and my name is Steve. (mines the silver one)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Hi,
See it only took Sheep three hours to figure it out. Exo-Squad was a cartoon from the mid 90's that actually had a continuing story line. IMO it was one of the most well done cartoons ever produced.

Pheaton
It didn't take 3 hours, more like 3 minutes. Google Pheaton and hit images and found your Avatar. Then followed a link talking about the show. Apparently it was one of the best sci-fi shows of it's day.

SheepStar

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
That and the number of girls I turned away because I was too young to understand the signals they were sending. I think back on all these times and I'm like, "Aawww man, she wanted to do me." Dammit. What was I thinking?!?!?
Oh man,the signals :eek:

If we knew then what we know now,ah the he!! with it:mad:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Mines my first name "Seth". "=" is a random character I chose to avoid wasting time trying to come up with a valid username. "L" is the first letter of my last name.:)
I thought it meant "Seth is Love". :D

Edit: Oops! I see that has been covered.

Alex is a name given to me by Mrs. Ebenholtz, my kindergarten teacher in NYC. PS99. We had just moved to America and she did this for me as a kindness to cover the unpronounceable brutality of my first name, Alojzije. I still use it in her honor. 2507 is just plain cool. No, it's really some birth dates jumbled together.

Last edited:
Z

zEBBiE

Enthusiast
Real name is Sebastian, so this is just a little more "interesting" nickname :D.

mouettus

mouettus

Audioholic Chief
"Mouette" is seagul in french. People in elementary school used to tease me by saying that a seagul dropped one on my head cus I have a small spot of white hair there (birthmark) right in the middle. it used to piss me off... that's why they were continuing to tease me... until I didn't care anymore. the name stayed and morphed to mouettus (like the latin version of mouette (not a real word); less annoying).

So that kind of sums up my crappy name story. pun intended! :p

HiDefGuru

HiDefGuru

Junior Audioholic
HiDefGuru... pretty self explanatory. (Meaning I'm an arrogant bastard :D )

I work for, and have for a few years, a Big Box Retailer in the HT department. Every store I've worked at, most of my co-workers have been excellent "Salesmen" but I've generally been the only real Tech nerd... Visiting audioholics and AVSforum during downtime, Reading the Sound & Vision from the front lanes magazine rack during my break. There are actually a couple people at my newest store who know more then me at my store, and I created a bit of a Heirarchy.

I call our main installer Yoda, our lead salesman Obi-Wan and I'm Anakin. We have yet to find a prodigy worth naming Luke.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I was a firefighter and my number was 71.
My first name is Rick, guys on my crew called
me Rickster.
Hey that's cool, one of my brothers-in-law is a fire chief in the City Of Miami F.D., he teaches at the firefighter college, his back is pretty messed up.

F

Funkmonkey

Junior Audioholic
Funkmonkey comes from one of my favorite forms of music and the year I was born:
here are some definitions of FUNK-

3. an earthy type of jazz combining it with blues and soul; has a heavy bass line that accentuates the first beat in the bar

Funky was originally "old, musty" (1784), in reference to cheeses, then "repulsive," but began to develop an approving sense in jazz slang c.1900, probably on the notion of "earthy, strong, deeply felt" ...and in the 1960s acquired a broad slang sense of "fine, stylish, excellent."

I like this definition the best:
2. the state or quality of being funky.

like James Brown, electric Miles Davis, pre '76 Kool & the Gang, Jimi Hendrix (esp. Band of Gypsies), Galactic, Medeski Martin and Wood, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers... among many others.

...And I was born in the year of the Monkey.

also, I think primates are cool.

My real name is no secret, it's Greg

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Hey that's cool, one of my brothers-in-law is a fire chief in the City Of Miami F.D., he teaches at the firefighter college, his back is pretty messed up.
Hi Strat, you mentioned your Bro-in-law and his back injury.
How is he, can he still work?
I fractured two vertebra (spelling) in a fire / explosion in a factory.
It sounds worse than it really was; they were only hairline fractures.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis