Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
You know looking at your sig, you don't have a shabby setup either. Those JBLs are great speakers and I know what you're packing for subwoofage. That's a very competent rig you got and I'll bet it sounds pretty awesome.
Ou know, my ultimate fear is that one day one of you will come over for a listening session walk in and say, this should sound better that that!”

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
Honestly, that was the goal...so yay?

You don't think the PQ is better/worse?
I haven’t really played with the settings, so it would be unfair to say at this time. The picture looks more natural out of the box. But I am not gushing over the PQ like I was with the Samsung, but it took me a long time to dial it in like that. Right now I don’t think the Denon is upscaling…yet.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Let's hope so, LOL
I lived in DFW for a good while and can't say I'm a huge fan, but I'd like to see a winning team again in my lifetime, or whenever people get tired of football and quit watching. Whichever comes first.

Old Onkyo

Old Onkyo

Audioholic General
I lived in DFW for a good while and can't say I'm a huge fan, but I'd like to see a winning team again in my lifetime, or whenever people get tired of football and quit watching. Whichever comes first.
How old are you….

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I've spent a fair amount of time in the DFW area. The company I work for is based there. I can't imagine people in Texas getting tired of football, although it's definitely been a minute since the cowboys won anything. But I grew up in Philly, so I'm a Birds fan for life.. :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
How old are you….
37. They were good in the 90's and then when romo dez lost to GB that was pretty much it.

I should clarify, by winning, I meant a superbowl. It just seems like they're actively trying NOT to win.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I've spent a fair amount of time in the DFW area. The company I work for is based there. I can't imagine people in Texas getting tired of football, although it's definitely been a minute since the cowboys won anything. But I grew up in Philly, so I'm a Birds fan for life.. :D
You'd be surprised. I know a lot of folks that were die hard football fans that don't even watch anymore. I never thought I'd see it.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
folks that were die hard football fans that don't even watch anymore.
I'm one of those.
It was the Baseball Strike back in the day that killed that sport for me... And for Football, I felt like the games were getting more and more foolish with too many coming down to a 4th-quarter shootout that pretty much made the preceding 3 quarters relatively meaningless. (And then there is the politics of the NFL which I will leave alone, here.)
Never cared too much for Pro Hockey or Basketball.

I find, given the chance, I will gladly sit in a proper Pub and watch Premiership Soccer, though I have never sat down at home to watch a game. *shrugs

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
You'd be surprised. I know a lot of folks that were die hard football fans that don't even watch anymore. I never thought I'd see it.
You know,
You know, I can believe that. It's a different game than it was years ago. With the way games are called now. And they way they just add more games to the schedule with no regard for health of the players. It's just so the league can make more and more money. And they political and social issues that have found their way into the game for one reason or another. It's a turnoff to a lot people. Sports for me, has always been a diversion from the realities of this made planet. But their seems to be more and more madness in sports these days o_O. I will say this though, it's nice to see packed arenas and stadiums again. Instead of those damn gawd awful cardboard cuts of people. The fans are a HUGE part of the experience of watching a game. It'll be nice to see full stadiums this fall. Especially for college games.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, rarely watch NFL these days, for a variety of reasons. It's bloated and predictable if that makes sense.....

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm one of those.
It was the Baseball Strike back in the day that killed that sport for me... And for Football, I felt like the games were getting more and more foolish with too many coming down to a 4th-quarter shootout that pretty much made the preceding 3 quarters relatively meaningless. (And then there is the politics of the NFL which I will leave alone, here.)
Never cared too much for Pro Hockey or Basketball.

I find, given the chance, I will gladly sit in a proper Pub and watch Premiership Soccer, though I have never sat down at home to watch a game. *shrugs
I've always watched golf since my dad did when I was a kid. I find I can still watch golf no problem. Baseball is fine, but it's much better at the game. Basketball is fun. I always enjoy it.

Football has just gotten boring. I'm just not into it anymore. I still watch when I remember, and I still have a fantasy game, but that's just for hanging out with my buddies.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You know,

You know, I can believe that. It's a different game than it was years ago. With the way games are called now. And they way they just add more games to the schedule with no regard for health of the players. It's just so the league can make more and more money. And they political and social issues that have found their way into the game for one reason or another. It's a turnoff to a lot people. Sports for me, has always been a diversion from the realities of this made planet. But their seems to be more and more madness in sports these days o_O. I will say this though, it's nice to see packed arenas and stadiums again. Instead of those damn gawd awful cardboard cuts of people. The fans are a HUGE part of the experience of watching a game. It'll be nice to see full stadiums this fall. Especially for college games.
Pretty much. I do agree, without fans it was weird.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis