Unraveling of America? Is the decline of our "empire" a given at this point?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks for your response. I'm not sure what he's done to address "corruption and lack of accountability" or to "draining the swamp". Can you expand on that. I'm genuinely curious.

Easy. He doubled down on it. :D
And the swamp? Now it's filled with Perrier water.
That said, trade actions against China are costing US consumers more,
China is paying for it. Didn't you get the memo from Trump? ;) :D

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
And therein lies the problem.

Inflated or deflated, 205,000 deaths and counting in this country should not be acceptable, compared to the rest of the world.

He's playing with our lives and you seem to be OK with it because you like your odds.

Beam me up Scotty!
I am not sure I would call it playing with our lives.

CDC estimated in March 200k - 1.7MM deaths at that time. So it seems like we did fairly well. At the lower side of the scale. I get we are not out of the woods yet but death rates are slowing. Hospitals are doing better at treating those in need.

What is acceptable?? And how would you or your preferred candidate have changed it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
So, those people who died of COVID, but would still be alive if they didn't have underlying conditions don't or shouldn't count?o_O
What in the world are you on about? Reactionary much?

eljr

eljr

Audioholic General
Yes Netflix has been accused of actively supporting human trafficking.

On the other hand I thought sharing that Americans are actively hunting human traffickers around the world and at home. I thought that would be unifying good news regardless of personal politics.
i hear there is a nut case born every minute

(you can take a bow now)

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
What is acceptable?? And how would you or your preferred candidate have changed it?
Here's a start, how about after he found out how deadly the virus was in February you warn the country to be careful and wear a mask for starters and not calling it a Democratic hoax.

Just spit-balling here.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
What in the world are you on about? Reactionary much?
I thought that was pretty clear. Many people who are trying to downplay the COVID death numbers in the US are using co-morbidity numbers, i.e. underlying conditions to minimize the totals. If that isn't what you are doing, you might want to expand on your post.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I thought that was pretty clear. Many people who are trying to downplay the COVID death numbers in the US are using co-morbidity numbers, i.e. underlying conditions to minimize the totals. If that isn't what you are doing, you might want to expand on your post.
Yes, indeed. Without Covid all those folks would still be alive and live to see another day.
Yes, in time, in the future, they will die perhaps from their underlining conditions or just old age. We will all die in the end; better much later than now.
Yes, he is responsible for lack of action.

And, now we have that idiot blabbering about herd immunity as being the answer. :eek:

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
I’m not down playing any numbers. I’m saying the numbers that include these are still on the low end of projections. I also think is is not realistic to say none of the people would have died over the past 6 months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Here's a start, how about after he found out how deadly the virus was in February you warn the country to be careful and wear a mask for starters and not calling it a Democratic hoax.

Just spit-balling here.
Be careful about that February date. That is when he talked to Bob Woodward. How long beforehand did intelligence report to him the severity of this, early January? Last December?

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General

Just spit-balling here.
The White House had a press conference to discuss risks in late Feb. At that time, we did not know or understand this disease in full. It was recommended to cover you mouth when coughing and sneezing and wash your hands. There was no doubt it was deadly, we knew that from China.

The CDC did not actually recommend masks for all citizens till early April. Prior to April it was stated for only care workers or those sick wear masks. Maybe the CDC is to blame?

So Trump should have overruled the CDC and took it further. Is that was was expected?

If he did the media would have state Trump is ignoring the experts and creating a state of panic in the country to cover his impeachment hearings....

I think we can all say America panicked and bought out all the stores in early and mid March. Even with a supposedly down played message, which aligned with the CDC.

diskreet

diskreet

Audioholic
I’m not down playing any numbers. I’m saying the numbers that include these are still on the low end of projections. I also think is is not realistic to say none of the people would have died over the past 6 months.
“It’s a horrible number,” Trump said, but "if we have between 100,000 and 200,000 (deaths), we all together have done a very good job.”
March 29, 2020

Deaths as of today: ~205,000

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
“It’s a horrible number,” Trump said, but "if we have between 100,000 and 200,000 (deaths), we all together have done a very good job.”
March 29, 2020

Deaths as of today: ~205,000
So 200,000 is a very good job, 205,000 is horrible....steep grading curve.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Be careful about that February date. That is when he talked to Bob Woodward. How long beforehand did intelligence report to him the severity of this, early January? Last December?
My understanding from reading the NY Times is that US intelligence became aware of COVID-19 in October/November of 2019 and was included in his daily security briefs, which he hated. No pictures or graphs. o_O

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
So....I still have not heard any actual suggestions or solutions....I guess we all could have worn masks in March....maybe it would have helped some. Reality...the rates were still so low it probably would not have made a big difference.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
So....I still have not heard any actual suggestions or solutions....I guess we all could have worn masks in March....maybe it would have helped some. Reality...the rates were still so low it probably would not have made a big difference.
You're guessing on whether we should have worn masks in March?

It maybe time to make that otolaryngologist appointment.

Reality begs to differ, and the people who needlessly died.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

My understanding from reading the NY Times is that US intelligence became aware of COVID-19 in October/November of 2019 and was included in his daily security briefs, which he hated. No pictures or graphs. o_O
Yes, indeed. Makes him even more culpable. If he acted way back then, deaths would be nil in my opinion.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis