UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Ok, call me a fickle fan. There was a crap load of overtaking at Turkey, but it's annoying since it's not a "real" pass, just get close, pop your wing open and boom you go past. The guy in front is a sitting duck.

Tired of Vettel, somebody puhlease beat him, or at least have him qualify a couple spots back, jeeze.

90gstman

Audioholic Intern
I like the adjustable wings but I’m not sure if I like the way it is being implemented by the FIA. Same goes for KERS.

There is an instance in this race during a midfield battle that the car in front actually is allowed to use the DRS and the car following is not. In DRS rules there is a DRS detection zone on the straight prior to the straight that is used for the implementation of the DRS. While in this zone, if the following car is within one second of the car in front then on the next straight they can use the DRS. So what happens if you make a pass after the detection zone but before the implementation zone. Say goodbye! The guy that just got passed has no chance of getting that spot back because the car infront now can have the DSR engaged and the car following does not. Instant gap.

And second, why should the following car have an advantage. He’s in back for a reason. The car in front is faster. That’s why he’s in front. It’s the whole premise of this “RACE” thing their competing in. Just let them race!

majorloser

majorloser

It would be interesting if they would only be allowed to use either the KERS or DRS by themselves, not together. And also eliminate the designated area on the track for DRS usage.

I really wish they would just eliminate the KERS system. It's just an excuse to make the tree huggers happy.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
If they're not careful it's going to become video game racing.

annunaki

annunaki

I still say the best way to improve racing is to quit messing with everything artificially. Don't manufacture overtaking, fix the root problem(s).

1. Fix the aero problem by allowing ground effects.
  2. Open regulations regarding the floor and shrink the chord and size of front & rear wings.
  3. Open the engine regulations by limiting displacement but allowing any cylinder configuration. Engine to be used would be frozen for the season after preseason testing however to help control costs. 9 engines available for the whole of the season in an 18 race season.
  4. Allow teams to use whatever tire specification they wish and as many sets as they want/need.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Well, that was a good race even though Vettel won again. The in car shot of Alonso's and Shuey's start was amazing!! Hamilton closing on Vettel at the end of the race had me on the edge of my seat. Different track and he would have passed him. I'm rooting for anybody to beat Vettel.

majorloser

majorloser

Well, that was a good race even though Vettel won again. The in car shot of Alonso's and Shuey's start was amazing!! Hamilton closing on Vettel at the end of the race had me on the edge of my seat. Different track and he would have passed him. I'm rooting for anybody to beat Vettel.
Sorry, but I'm rooting for Vettel.

The race start was unbelievable. It's amazing it didn't end up with a major wreck.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry, but I'm rooting for Vettel.

The race start was unbelievable. It's amazing it didn't end up with a major wreck.
I enjoyed it for once...:D Vettel is pretty amazing as was the start.

...and what the heck was Masa's problem?:eek:

Good race.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
AFAIK, Massa's issue was due to a gearbox breakdown.
Another very nice race and Vettel is indeed the one to be beaten though...

Would love to see these guys over again at Indy...:(

BTW, B&W will be proudly showing their Kevlar woofers by next Sunday over at Indy, as Alex Tagliani is the pole-sitter :)

itschris

itschris

The start was about as exciting as it gets. You know, you really don't get a feel for just how fast those guys are ripping around the corners. I guess it's just they way the camera is. The in-car view though really shows what's going on. It's crazy.

annunaki

annunaki

I will admit that this race at Barcelona was one of the best I have seen...

...At Barcelona

Normally they are processions (mainly because of the track). This was different because of the tires primarily. Big gaps in performance between the prime & option as well as overall strategy. Ferrari got it wrong with Alonso (again :mad:)

Vettel drove extremely well here and deserves the win. Monaco should be rather interesting as it tends to be somewhat of an equalizer to a certain degree. I expect that some of the drivers we won't expect will be higher on the grid than normal.

What I am curious about is where does the FIA put the DRS zone? If it is active through the tunnel that could be scary on the tunnel exit if there is a lot of clag offline. Remember Alonso & Ralf not too far back when Alonso got aggressive in overtaking through the tunnel?

The only "real" overtaking spot (if one can even call it that) is into the chicane after the tunnel, or in the pits.

majorloser

majorloser

It's that time again for my favorite race.... Monaco

I love this track :cool:

Pretty bad wreck in Q3. Hopefully Perez is okay.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Monaco had me doing something I haven't done before. Cheering for Alonso. Seriously, I was on the edge of my seat waiting for Alonso to put a move on Vettel, till that red flag came out. They should not have allowed tire changes, it ruined the race. I don't know what was up with Hamilton, a couple collisions and then he runs his mouth after the race, not a good day for him.

I don't get how Red Bull/Vettel always has 1/2 second in quali, then on race pace it's not there. If Webber always had 1/2 sec too, I could understand. Somethings up with Vettel's car, or at least I wish it was. I just want somebody to beat him to so he doesn't walk away with the championship in a couple races.

annunaki

annunaki

Monaco was a pretty good Grand Prix. One of the best from the principality in quite some time.

The 3 way fight was quite exciting at the end. I agree that tire changes should not have been allowed either without pit stops.

Regardless it was a pretty decent race for a track with next to no overtaking possibilities.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Agree,

it was a good race indeed and they dropped the ball in allowing tire changes in red flag though. It's kinda changing the rules during the game, isn't it?

Don't know what's happening with Hamilton nowadays, as he's complaining and offending everybody around him... he said that all stewards are against him because he's black... afterwards he apologized for such a nonsense ...

IMO, he deserved black flag for what he did in Monaco; period!

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Well, Canada should have two zones for the DRS, so there should be lots of over taking.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis