UN-Official Formula 1 Thread

majorloser

majorloser

Well Kubica is doing better. They say he even called Barrichello to chat.

With all the political unrest, Bahrain looks like it's going to be canceled. Bummer, even though it was a pretty boring race, I was still looking forward to the season starting.
I'd be glad if they skipped the Korean GP, too.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Mr. FIA race sir, please take a closer look at Vettels car, it seems he has illegal parts, (which his team mate does not), that make him 1 sec faster than everyone else, especially since it seems as if he does not use KERS!!

I thought it was a good race, glad Hamilton was at least able to get 2nd. I can't decide if the drive of the race was Petrov or Perez.

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I'm still down on what the FIA has been doing. DVR'd qualifying and the race but only watched the race and I had a hard time staying focused on it... I hope this ship gets righted. I want my F1 back.

annunaki

annunaki

I think the tires could be a serious issue this year causing minimal overtaking. The marbles building up off line were ridiculous.

The Redbulls seem ridiculously quick. They are not using KERS at this point and that has to be really scary for everyone else.

Again one has to be amazed by the engineers. The cars are quicker (.4 sec) than last year in quali trim highlighted by Vettel's 1:23.529 lap. Coupled with the fact that no KERS was used to achieve it is even more impressive.

As much as it sucks for the boys in Red could be a 2004 season for Vettel & Redbull. We'll know for sure in the next 3 races.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I think the tires could be a serious issue this year causing minimal overtaking. The marbles building up off line were ridiculous.

The Redbulls seem ridiculously quick. They are not using KERS at this point and that has to be really scary for everyone else.

Again one has to be amazed by the engineers. The cars are quicker (.4 sec) than last year in quali trim highlighted by Vettel's 1:23.529 lap. Coupled with the fact that no KERS was used to achieve it is even more impressive.

As much as it sucks for the boys in Red could be a 2004 season for Vettel & Redbull. We'll know for sure in the next 3 races.
I could watch Vettel kick butt all year. I really like his style. I just can't stand Bernie and the stupid rule changes on a yearly basis.

annunaki

annunaki

I could watch Vettel kick butt all year. I really like his style. I just can't stand Bernie and the stupid rule changes on a yearly basis.
I like Vettel too. I like his no holds barred attitude to be the best on track.

Bernie doesn't make the rule changes, that is the FIA. Their stupid idea to go to turbo 4s is a bad one as well. They need to open the regs. If they want to drop displacement to lower power then open the formula to any configuration. They keep getting too specific with the regs which keep inhibiting innovation.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I like Vettel too. I like his no holds barred attitude to be the best on track.

Bernie doesn't make the rule changes, that is the FIA. Their stupid idea to go to turbo 4s is a bad one as well. They need to open the regs. If they want to drop displacement to lower power then open the formula to any configuration. They keep getting too specific with the regs which keep inhibiting innovation.
I can't stand Bernie. I also can't stand the stupid rule changes on a yearly basis. :D

Fans would go crazy for a modern version of this:

Just add the electronics and some more safety items limit the engine size to something like 2 litres (naturally aspirated) .:cool:

I know...I'm nuts!:D

90gstman

Audioholic Intern
Oh my god, whats with the new adjustable wing rules!!! You can use it only here and only if your "this" close to someone, and only if your on dry tires, and only if no one else is using wet tires....... Are they racing other cars or just rules?

majorloser

majorloser

The adjustable wing rule had no effect on the race. I didn't see anybody who had enough gain in performance to actually be able to pass on the front straight.

They said the Aussie track was a bad test for the technology and some of the other tracks would benefit from the sudden reduced drag. I guess we'll just wait and see...:rolleyes:

annunaki

annunaki

I could see it being of benefit on the two long straights in Malaysia in a fortnight, but other than that...

I agree with you major.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, well, he better learn how to cozy up to the fans and get some tv personality!

annunaki

annunaki

Seems to be the only place a washed up F1 racer can go nowdays....

Tragic!

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Well, Malaysia wasn't too bad. Sucks for Hamilton and Alonso getting penalized. Petrov had the clip of the day, didn't know F1 cars could fly!

I switched off the tv right as the race finished, I can't stand hearing Vettel squeal like a little girl when he wins.

majorloser

majorloser

Petrov had the clip of the day, didn't know F1 cars could fly!
That was awesome. Sitting there with the steering column laying in his lap.

Vettel may squeal, but at least he always thanks his team and gives them all the credit. He also takes the blame for his mistakes.

I guess they were right about this track being better for the DRS system. Drivers were actually able to pass on the front straight with the DRS and KERS both engaged.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
The race wasn't bad. Probably better than I'm ready to give credit at this time but I had a great time towards the end of the race... My 10yo son sat with me and started asking questions!:) He is not into cars, or music for that matter... I gotta have a talk with the wife.:eek::D He asked about tires and why do they change them and if there were "screws" that held them on. Noting that "Nascar's" do but since the tire changers were so much quicker that he wasn't sure. So I got to explain how stock cars use 5 nuts per wheel and F1 cars use 1.

Anyway, it made my day.:)

annunaki

annunaki

The race wasn't bad. Probably better than I'm ready to give credit at this time but I had a great time towards the end of the race... My 10yo son sat with me and started asking questions!:) He is not into cars, or music for that matter... I gotta have a talk with the wife.:eek::D He asked about tires and why do they change them and if there were "screws" that held them on. Noting that "Nascar's" do but since the tire changers were so much quicker that he wasn't sure. So I got to explain how stock cars use 5 nuts per wheel and F1 cars use 1.

Anyway, it made my day.:)
I hear you there. I love it when my sons (ages 4 & 2) say "Can we watch Feryari's?". They are bit young to understand it all but they think it is neat when there are incidents & shunts.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Now that was a race! Glad someone beat Vettel, even if his KERS wasn't working. At least he knows how to block the over under passing move. Some drivers out there though, I wonder.....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis