Ukraine – Russia … not more of the last thread

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The Swedish Archer Artillery System is apparently used in Ukraine as reported by an Ukrainian TV station Facebook clip below, though the clip itself is not made in Ukraine. The Archer system is under evaluation by the US Army as well.

>>>The 155-mm FH77 BW L52 "Archer" multi-purpose self-propelled artillery mounts delivered to Ukraine from Sweden are already used at the front. The effectiveness of such weapons is demonstrated in this video. <<<

The MEDIA tag did not work for me (shows nothing) so here is the direct link: The 155-mm FH77 BW L52 "Archer" multi-purpose self-propelled artillery mounts delivered to Ukraine

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
The Swedish Archer Artillery System is apparently used in Ukraine as reported by an Ukrainian TV station Facebook clip below, though the clip itself is not made in Ukraine. The Archer system is under evaluation by the US Army as well.

>>>The 155-mm FH77 BW L52 "Archer" multi-purpose self-propelled artillery mounts delivered to Ukraine from Sweden are already used at the front. The effectiveness of such weapons is demonstrated in this video. <<<

The MEDIA tag did not work for me (shows nothing) so here is the direct link: The 155-mm FH77 BW L52 "Archer" multi-purpose self-propelled artillery mounts delivered to Ukraine
Boy, rapid fire and very mobile unlike being on a tank track. What is the range?
Google: 19 mi to 37mi shell dependent.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Ukrainian President Zelenskiy is not happy with the lack of weapons support from Israel.

>>>Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said he was "in shock" at Israel's failure to give Kyiv anti-missile systems to help counter Russian attacks, according to an interview made public on Saturday.

Zelenskiy has been asking for the weapons since shortly after the war started in February. He has mentioned Israel's Iron Dome system, often used to intercept rockets fired by Palestinian militants in Gaza.

"I don't know what happened to Israel. I'm honestly, frankly - I am in shock, because I don't understand why they couldn't give us air defences," he said.
"I am stating the facts. My conversations with the Israeli leadership have done nothing to help Ukraine."<<<

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The Nordstream 1 and 2 undersea gas pipe lines have major leaks, in a total of three, and sabotage is suspected. The Swedish state broadcasting company SVT reports that Swedish seismic measurements stations registered two powerful explosions in the area of the leaks, with one of them registered at a magnitude of 2.3 as well as registering on 30 stations. The Danish stations have also registered strong explosions in the same area as the leaks.

1664288403186.png

(In Swedish) https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/svt-avslojar-tva-explosioner-intill-nord-stream

>>>[Google translate from Swedish]
The gas leaks on Nord Stream 1 and 2 are being investigated by the German state as deliberate attacks. Now SVT can reveal that measuring stations in both Sweden and Denmark registered strong underwater explosions in the same area as the gas leaks on Monday.

- There is no doubt that these are blasts or explosions, says Björn Lund, lecturer in seismology at the Swedish National Seismic Network, SNSN.

The triple leaks on Nord Stream 1 and 2 on Monday are being investigated as probable sabotage.

Now SVT can reveal that the Swedish National Seismic Network detected two clear explosions in the area on Monday. One of them had a magnitude of 2.3, similar to a perceptible earthquake, and was registered at measuring stations throughout the country.

- You can clearly see how the waves bounce from the bottom to the surface. There is no doubt that it was a blast or explosion. We even had a station in Kalix that picked this up, says Björn Lund, who is a lecturer in seismology and director of the Swedish national seismic network, which measures Swedish earthquakes and explosions.
Same area

The first explosion was recorded at 02:03 on the night of Monday and the second at 19:04 on Monday evening.

The warnings about the gas leaks came from the Maritime Administration at 1:52 p.m. and 8:41 p.m. on Monday, respectively, after ships detected bubbles on the surface.

SVT has obtained the coordinates of the measured explosions and they are in the same area where the gas leaks were registered.

- It is very close, says Björn Lund.
"Used to get information about explosions"

The last time a similar seismological event was registered in the area was in 2016. According to Björn Lund, it is not an area that is usually used for exercises by the defense.

- We usually get information about explosions that take place underwater, but sometimes we don't get it. In this case, we have not received any information.

According to Björn Lund, the information about the explosions has been forwarded to the Armed Forces. SVT has asked the Swedish Armed Forces for a comment.
<<<

Last edited:
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
The Nordstream 1 and 2 undersea gas pipe lines have major leaks, in a total of three, and sabotage is suspected. The Swedish state broadcasting company SVT reports that Swedish seismic measurements stations registered two powerful explosions in the area of the leaks, with one of them registered at a magnitude of 2.3 as well as registering on 30 stations. The Danish stations have also registered strong explosions in the same area as the leaks.

View attachment 57925

(In Swedish) https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/svt-avslojar-tva-explosioner-intill-nord-stream

>>>[Google translate from Swedish]
The gas leaks on Nord Stream 1 and 2 are being investigated by the German state as deliberate attacks. Now SVT can reveal that measuring stations in both Sweden and Denmark registered strong underwater explosions in the same area as the gas leaks on Monday.

- There is no doubt that these are blasts or explosions, says Björn Lund, lecturer in seismology at the Swedish National Seismic Network, SNSN.

The triple leaks on Nord Stream 1 and 2 on Monday are being investigated as probable sabotage.

Now SVT can reveal that the Swedish National Seismic Network detected two clear explosions in the area on Monday. One of them had a magnitude of 2.3, similar to a perceptible earthquake, and was registered at measuring stations throughout the country.

- You can clearly see how the waves bounce from the bottom to the surface. There is no doubt that it was a blast or explosion. We even had a station in Kalix that picked this up, says Björn Lund, who is a lecturer in seismology and director of the Swedish national seismic network, which measures Swedish earthquakes and explosions.
Same area

The first explosion was recorded at 02:03 on the night of Monday and the second at 19:04 on Monday evening.

The warnings about the gas leaks came from the Maritime Administration at 1:52 p.m. and 8:41 p.m. on Monday, respectively, after ships detected bubbles on the surface.

SVT has obtained the coordinates of the measured explosions and they are in the same area where the gas leaks were registered.

- It is very close, says Björn Lund.
"Used to get information about explosions"

The last time a similar seismological event was registered in the area was in 2016. According to Björn Lund, it is not an area that is usually used for exercises by the defense.

- We usually get information about explosions that take place underwater, but sometimes we don't get it. In this case, we have not received any information.

According to Björn Lund, the information about the explosions has been forwarded to the Armed Forces. SVT has asked the Swedish Armed Forces for a comment.
<<<
I wonder who would have done this. I can't see Ukrainian involvement, as I can't imagine that they would have the capability. Besides, if it was traced back to them, it would have a major negative impact on relations with the West, especially with Germany. I can't see it being worth the risk.

Russian false flag operation?

highfigh

highfigh

If Russia did this, it's definitely time for a regime change and I don't take this lightly because it sets a dangerous precedent.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I wonder who would have done this. I can't see Ukrainian involvement, as I can't imagine that they would have the capability. Besides, if it was traced back to them, it would have a major negative impact on relations with the West, especially with Germany. I can't see it being worth the risk.

By now Putin realize that the Russian export of gas to Europe will more or less disappear as fast as EU are able to wean themselves of it, so sabotaging the pipe lines for other political gains gains or signalling are not that far fetched. It's worth mentioning that Putin has repeatedly stopped the flow of gas to Europe due to "maintenance" or "technical problems", without having the expected response, I guess.

So far we don't know who did it, at least not publicly.

Last edited:
highfigh

highfigh

Where are the Russian submarines?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan

perhaps 'Joe' put on his scuba gear ............

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Of course the Russians did it. They are the only ones with motive. This harms Europe big time, especially as winter draws close. As far as I'm concerned this was an act of war against the European nations, especially Germany.

The other issue is that this is now releasing huge amounts of methane into the atmosphere. Methane is a very potent green house gas.

As far as I'm concerned this should justify NATO going in and put an end to Putin's disastrous war in Ukraine. Then admit Ukraine to NATO and keep Russia's borders secured. This has already gone too far.

As I said at the beginning this adventure of Putin's has been the opening shots of WW III. It would be a grave error to delay and procrastinate and let Russia mobilize and regroup. Now is the time for overwhelming force.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Of course the Russians did it. They are the only ones with motive. This harms Europe big time, especially as winter draws close. As far as I'm concerned this was an act of war against the European nations, especially Germany.

The other issue is that this is now releasing huge amounts of methane into the atmosphere. Methane is a very potent green house gas.

As far as I'm concerned this should justify NATO going in and put an end to Putin's disastrous war in Ukraine. Then admit Ukraine to NATO and keep Russia's borders secured. This has already gone too far.

As I said at the beginning this adventure of Putin's has been the opening shots of WW III. It would be a grave error to delay and procrastinate and let Russia mobilize and regroup. Now is the time for overwhelming force.
Russia was previously burning off large amounts of natural gas that could have been exported via Nord Stream 1:

>>>As Europe's energy costs skyrocket, Russia is burning off large amounts of natural gas, according to analysis shared with BBC News.
They say the plant, near the border with Finland, is burning an estimated $10m (£8.4m) worth of gas every day.
Experts say the gas would previously have been exported to Germany.

Germany's ambassador to the UK told BBC News that Russia was burning the gas because "they couldn't sell it elsewhere".
Scientists are concerned about the large volumes of carbon dioxide and soot it is creating, which could exacerbate the melting of Arctic ice.
The analysis by Rystad Energy indicates that around 4.34 million cubic metres of gas are being burned by the flare every day.

It is coming from a new liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant at Portovaya, north-west of St Petersburg. . . .

"There could not be a clearer signal - Russia can bring energy prices down tomorrow. This is gas that would otherwise have been exported via Nord Stream 1 or alternatives."<<<

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This is far from confirmed, but Russia has reportedly put "blocking units" in place to kill their own soldiers if they try to retreat:

>>>On Sept. 19 and Friday, Sept. 23, Ukraine’s military intelligence agency reported that Russian commanders near the front-line town of Bakhmut had enacted “order No. 222,” which reportedly authorizes “blocking units” to open fire on soldiers who abandon their battlefield positions. According to the Ukrainian military, this measure is analogous to Soviet leader Joseph Stalin’s wartime order No. 227. Known for the phrase, “Not a step back,” Stalin’s infamous 1942 decree formed “blocking detachments” to shoot “panic-mongers and cowards” behind the Soviet lines.<<<

As far as I can tell, all of these reports are based on the Ukraine military intelligence report noted in the article.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan

While it would seem that Russia is the most likely culprit, they could have done something far less drastic to achieve the same effect. Nothing makes sense about it.

NATO can't move into Ukraine. While it's clear they could make quick work of the Russians, it would be opening a Pandora's box. Right now, the best strategy is to continue to supplying Ukraine with arms. They're doing pretty well on their own right now.

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
There have been some conflicting reports, but it looks like the Russian forces in Lyman are being surrounded by Ukrainian forces and it's probably too late for the Russians to escape.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Finland is closing their border for Russian tourists tonight. I read in a Swedish article that during the Finish press conference it was said that the Nord Stream pipelines sabotage had hurried up their decision.

Finland is member of the Schengen area where one has free movement of people, so Finland will no longer be a transit land either.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Finland is closing their border for Russian tourists tonight. I read in a Swedish article that during the Finish press conference it was said that the Nord Stream pipelines sabotage had hurried up their decision.

Finland is member of the Schengen area where one has free movement of people, so Finland will no longer be a transit land either.

I'm not sure what the "correct" course of action is, but here's an opinion piece to the effect that it would be better to let Russians escape:

>>>If European governments continue on their present course, however, they will instead make Russian entry to the West a privilege available only to an increasingly select few, and they will make it even harder for exiles who are trying to create a different Russia. And if they do not help those who are trying to flee now, they will simply ensure that more of them are sent, perhaps to sacrifice their lives, to fight a conflict Europe desperately wants to end. European visa bans will do nothing to change the trajectory of the war, and may instead, by leaving ordinary Russians in the cold, end up prolonging the bloodshed—and further cutting off Russians from the non-Putin world.<<<

Earlier this year the U.S. seemed to be on the fence (so to speak), but the White House now says Russians are welcome:

>>>The U.S. would "welcome" any Russian citizens seeking asylum in this country after fleeing Russian President Vladimir Putin's military draft, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said Tuesday.<<<

I'm not advocating either way, just posting a couple different items.

B

Bernie Williams

Junior Audioholic
While it would seem that Russia is the most likely culprit, they could have done something far less drastic to achieve the same effect. Nothing makes sense about it.

NATO can't move into Ukraine. While it's clear they could make quick work of the Russians, it would be opening a Pandora's box. Right now, the best strategy is to continue to supplying Ukraine with arms. They're doing pretty well on their own right now.
Perhaps Russia is sending a message that they can attack other existing and new pipelines. Now this would be a dramatic escalation.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis