Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
What does Murky mean? LOL I'm assuming your not happy with the OLED? I for one keep looking at the Sony OLED's and think or better put know I'm moving in that direction probably this year. The Z9D is a killer LED but I'm just not a LED kinda guy. I never liked them and the Z9D is as close to a Plasma or OLED experience you can get with one.
I think you need to get that OLED calibrated or at least look up the calibration settings the professionl reviewers are using. I'm sure there's a best setting somewhere on the net. I honestly feel OLED is the best looking picture today. If someone offered to trade me a Sony 65 inch A9F or even a A8F for my Z9D I'd do it.
By murky I mean kind of dark and dim, particularly compared to LED like the z9D. The blacks are deep on my OLED, but they are unrealistically deep for most content. HDR have more wow factor to me on the Z9D than the C8.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
By murky I mean kind of dark and dim, particularly compared to LED like the z9D. The blacks are deep on my OLED, but they are unrealistically deep for most content. HDR have more wow factor to me on the Z9D than the C8.
I my have asked before, but have you had it ISF calibrated?

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
I my have asked before, but have you had it ISF calibrated?
I haven't had it ISF calibrated yet because I'm still within my return period. I was hoping to that the Q9FN price would go down so could check out one of them.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I haven't had it ISF calibrated yet because I'm still within my return period. I was hoping to that the Q9FN price would go down so could check out one of them.
Definitely do if your keeping it. The offset adjustments will clear up what your describing.

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Definitely do if your keeping it. The offset adjustments will clear up what your describing.
I will look to have it calibrated if I keep it. I will also take out at least a 2 year extended warranty from the Geek Squad in case of burn-in. One of the things I love about C8 are the viewing angles. Brings me back to plasma days. I hated the narrow viewing angles of the Z9D, that was almost deal breaker with that set. I had to train myself to get stay within the center of the screen.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis