killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Well, I for one, have a WHOLE LOT of lp's, and without a tt, they are useless. And most of them were never released as CD's.
This became a quite common justification. So, you have a WHOLE LOT and MOST were never released as CDs. I guess naming 20 would take you seconds right from the top of your head. Could you name them?

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
This became a quite common justification. So, you have a WHOLE LOT and MOST were never released as CDs. I guess naming 20 would take you seconds right from the top of your head. Could you name them?
While "whole lot" and "most" are relative terms, the need of a turntable to play records is fact, regardless of quantity, quality, or anything else. The bottom line is if you have records and want to play em you need a player. Regarding justification, I don't generally seek to justify anything I purchase because I suffer no guilt about anything I purchase. That's so say, I don't by things on credit, just cash from hard work performed, so I tend to not to part with money for things that seem to be cavalier.

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
While "whole lot" and "most" are relative terms, the need of a turntable to play records is fact, regardless of quantity, quality, or anything else. The bottom line is if you have records and want to play em you need a player. Regarding justification, I don't generally seek to justify anything I purchase because I suffer no guilt about anything I purchase. That's so say, I don't by things on credit, just cash from hard work performed, so I tend to not to part with money for things that seem to be cavalier.
Maybe that's even the reason why I didn't ask you, who knows. I love the "relative" retreat after bold statements, I also love the fact cornemuse has an advocate, but guess what; WHOLE LOT is not 50 and most can't be under 50% so naming 20 would take you seconds right from the top of your head. The question remains the same after your post. How's that for futile?

I'm coming from a different angle, I have around 500 records and don't mind spinning them every now and then regardless of all the shortcomings. I've noticed, though, that cable suckers begun hidding behind the build quality and the vinyl suckers begun hidding behind records not released on CD. Often, one look at their collection and all the unreleased magically turn into purely academic "for the sake of the argument" BS.

Needing the justification for what you like (safe for harmfull things) is lame and pityfull. If you don't need any, good for you.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis