A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
Good question. I was expecting him to come back at the end and save Flynn. His color did change back to blue so who knows?
I watched this last weekend finally. It's been 20+ years since I've seen the original though, so correct me if I am missing something. I thought the presentation overall was very good, but the story had some issues for me, and this was one of them. How did Clue 'convert' Tron in the first place? And what triggered him to turn back to defending Flynn? I wasn't sure if I missed something, or if I am just supposed to 'go with it' and enjoy the movie and not ask questions...

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Saw this last night and don't know what else to say that hasn't already been said. A solid 4 stars due to the awesome A/V.

Can't wait till they expand to the Internet and cross the WiFi divide.:p

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
How did Clue 'convert' Tron in the first place? And what triggered him to turn back to defending Flynn? I wasn't sure if I missed something, or if I am just supposed to 'go with it' and enjoy the movie and not ask questions...
Yeah I think you were just supposed to accept that. I thought Tron's conversion back to good was a little too abrupt also.

I've come to realize that seeing a movie in a bad theater can influence what you think of the movie itself. When we saw this in the theater, I kinda thought it sucked. But the more times I watch it on Blu-ray the more I like it. Definitely the visuals are much better in my home theater because the theater we saw it at was showing it in 3-D and the picture was very dark. You almost couldn't tell what was going on at times. But not only that, I actually like the story better now. The only thing I can come up with was that the terrible presentation at the movie theater influenced my opinion of the movie.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
armaraas said:
How did Clue 'convert' Tron in the first place? And what triggered him to turn back to defending Flynn? I wasn't sure if I missed something, or if I am just supposed to 'go with it' and enjoy the movie and not ask questions...
I mentioned there were some flaws, and those are the more significant ones. Kinda spoiler for those who haven't seen it so:

I don't think converting Tron was a big issue, but it wasn't even explained at all. And during the disc fight, it was already obvious to me that it was him. The "turning back" could also be explained when he actually sees Kevin, but it was still a stretch and too convenient.

I also thought the digital Flynn and Clu really wasn't well done at all and it was quite distracting. It was easier to accept Clu, but not Flynn at the opening.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
I also thought the digital Flynn and Clu really wasn't well done at all and it was quite distracting. It was easier to accept Clu, but not Flynn at the opening.
agreed. other people wouldn't notice, but gamers will have seen better CGI in their games as compared to the mouth movement (facial expressions) of Flynn.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks to Netflix for delaying Tron Legacy for a few months.:eek:

I finally got a copy last night.

Wow. Visuals were great.

The Sound was amazing.

The the LFE/bass was AWESOME!!! One of the best ever!!!:D

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Thanks to Netflix for delaying Tron Legacy for a few months.:eek:

I finally got a copy last night.

Wow. Visuals were great.

The Sound was amazing.

The the LFE/bass was AWESOME!!! One of the best ever!!!:D
Not NetFlix's fault. The movie and TV companies are really taking aim at them, delaying releases, feeling the heat of people willing to wait for NetFlix (especially since you can just pre-add it to que) and studies have found people are perfectly fine waiting for a season of TV shows to come out on dvd/blu-ray a season later and watching it then rather than dealing with DVR, or worse, set times and commercials. This is even more so with movies, where releases are coming out quicker so people skip the theater and wait for it on NetFlix (I do this myself).

Again, another industry ignoring how people want to view movies now days versus how they used to. Wow, sounds like the music industry. :)

In my circle of friends, perhaps between 25-35, we don't mention movies until they are out on rental for discussion (because none of us really go to the theater). Shows you, when I was in grade school we went to the theater. Now no one wants to go. Not to mention, going to a movie down here is literally 35 bucks per head by the time you get done (parking, ticket, a modest drink and popcorn). 70 bucks or so to take a date to the movies. Pft.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
i haveit on Bluray but haven't had time to watch it yet. :eek:

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
The HD audio is awsome, your rear speakers will get a work out.
I agree!

Two of my grandsons, saved up their pocket money and brought the BD of Tron Legacy to watch on this rig. They were not disappointed and loved it. In fact my wife and I also enjoyed it.

The engineering was superb. This discrete 7.1 production, made heavy demands on all channels. I can't see how any small speakers in the room would not be overwhelmed. I would think most receivers would have a hard time also. My 2.5 KW all channels driven came in handy.

The engineering was excellent with really solid 360 degree localization.

I thought the sound stage thrown to the sides were uncanny, with huge depth front back and sides.

Effects were created that made the small space here seem enormous.

The soldiers all signing and banging their spears sounded like a vast space. The motorbike scene and the "dog fight" that conjured up the Battle of Britain were just astonishing.

If these productions become common place the paltry all channels driven spec of receivers and using small surrounds and rear backs will have to be rethought.

In that type of production it was really nice to have seven very capable speakers and an abundance of power.

V

valvesnvinylfan

Audioholic
Finally watched it last night and wow, awesome. Reference quality audio and video, and the movie was good too!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Finally got around to watching it last night. The film in itself is too much like the original Tron. Nothing new really so from that perspective, I give it a 5/10.
As for the use of surround sounds, sub, and visuals, its easily a 8/10. Its best summarized as flick with good demo material and thats about it.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Finally got around to watching it last night. The film in itself is too much like the original Tron. Nothing new really so from that perspective, I give it a 5/10.
As for the use of surround sounds, sub, and visuals, its easily a 8/10. Its best summarized as flick with good demo material and thats about it.
If you break down the story a bit, much of the new one follows the same pattern as the original. All they did really was take the original story and tweak it with some new visuals. It was entertaining, but it didn't really push the story forward that much.

avnetguy

avnetguy

Audioholic Chief
I agree the overall story line was similar but a number of new details/changes came into play when compared to the original. The antagonist's creation was different though their goals were pretty much the same, just trying to achive them in different ways and ISOs were a completely new twist. I'm looking forward to seeing the next one if they make it.

Steve

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
That's why I said they basically just tweaked it. The main plot points and progression of the story are very similar, with only modest changes to freshen it. Though the story was the weak point, I still enjoyed it.

Patrukas777

Patrukas777

Senior Audioholic
I still think it was a good movie....it's actually better than I expected.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
I can't stand CGI but I actually liked it. I thought the visuals were impressive. CGI in this instance worked.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Finally got around to watching this BD last night. I never saw the original and didn't know what to expect with this one, and honestly I had pretty low expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised. The movie itself wasn't too bad, but since I'm a computer person I enjoyed the plot, but what really put it over the top for me was the spectacular A/V presentation. It really makes me happy to have such a capable system when I come across something like this. I didn't expect the use of surrounds to be so immersive, and the bass was just bananas, I was hearing things in the room shake like crazy, makes me feel justified in spending all that money on a PB-13 Ultra. I'm not sure I'll go back and watch the original, but I will definitely watch this again.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Finally got around to watching this BD last night. I never saw the original and didn't know what to expect with this one, I'm not sure I'll go back and watch the original, but I will definitely watch this again.
Honestly I don't see how you could really understand and enjoy this movie without seeing the first one. I was a kid when the original came out and I absolutely LOVED it at the time. It doesn't really hold up today but there are just so many plot points in Legacy that were set in motion in the first one. But glad you like the movie. I think you would have liked it a lot more or at least gotten more out of it by watching the original first.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Maybe I'll watch the original before I rewatch Legacy, it probably would make more sense that way.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis