darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I just saw this today!!!

How the hell did this one sneak by me?!?!? Trailer looks good, hopefully the movie is good.

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
I recall seeing the bootleg trailer last year and being very stoked for it's release. I understand Jeff Bridges is computer generated for most of the movie.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I recall seeing the bootleg trailer last year and being very stoked for it's release. I understand Jeff Bridges is computer generated for most of the movie.
Well, almost 30 years later, he is certainly not close in appearance to the original movie:D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
New HD Trailer #3

Last edited by a moderator:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Pretty sure that was the trailer they showed when we went to see Resident Evil Afterlife :)

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
So, who's going to see this in the theater? I guess we were not huge Tron fans originally, so not sure if this is a go to or not. But it has been a while ans could be a good 'big' screen one.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Never saw the original... don't think I'll bother with this one either.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
So, who's going to see this in the theater? I guess we were not huge Tron fans originally, so not sure if this is a go to or not. But it has been a while ans could be a good 'big' screen one.
I am a big fan of the original, but then I was 12 then :) I intend to see this one in 3D in the theater. The humor in the original is still funny today in an old school sort of way for computer geeks LOL. "I shouldn't have written all of those tank programs." :D

Master Control Program: I've got a little challenge for you, Sark - a new recruit. He's a tough case, but I want him treated in the usual manner. Train him for the games... let him hope for a while... and blow him away.
Sark: You've got it. I've been hopin' you'd send me somebody with a little bit of guts. What kind of program is he?
Master Control Program: He's not any kind of program, Sark. He's a User.
Sark: [shocked] A User!?
Master Control Program: That's right. He pushed me in the real world. Somebody pushes me, I push back, so I brought him down here.
[pause]
Master Control Program: What's the matter, Sark? You look nervous.
Sark: Well, I - it's just - I don't know, a User, I mean... Users wrote us. A User even wrote you!
Master Control Program: No one User wrote me. I'm worth millions of their man-years!
Sark: What if I can't--
Master Control Program: You rather take your chances with me? Want me to slow down your power cycles for you?
Sark: [struggling] Wait! I need that!
Master Control Program: Then pull yourself together. Get this clown trained. I want him in the Games until he dies playing. Acknowledge.
Sark: [weakly] Acknowledged, Master Control.
Master Control Program: End of line.

Last edited:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
My wife's brother bought his IMAX 3-D tickets a couple of weeks ago!!! Something like $18!!! :eek:

I can't wait for this one, but my wife wants me to rent the original first. I kinda don't want to though since the CG is soooooo old it can't help but be disappointing.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The CG holds up pretty well actually on the special edition SD DVD. It isn't up to today's standards, but some scenes still look great.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
The original came out when I was first learning to program. I really connected to this movie big time. I can’t wait to see Tron 2.0.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, I was learning basic around that time too and that made the movie that much more entertaining.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
My wife's brother bought his IMAX 3-D tickets a couple of weeks ago!!! Something like $18!!! :eek:

I can't wait for this one, but my wife wants me to rent the original first. I kinda don't want to though since the CG is soooooo old it can't help but be disappointing.
Not spending $18 but we will see it for sure.:D Am also waiting for the original to come out on BD:D
Rent the original for pete's sake:D

We will be there. May not be the first weekend unless it is a first showing of the day, less crowded, easier to do pee breaks:eek::D

Mad-Max

Mad-Max

Audioholic Intern
Early Xmas present from my wife...going to see it in a few days at the Imax 3D with my Dad, kind of cool, I was only 8 when the first Tron came out and I am going to see it with my Dad together for the first time after 30 years....kind of nostalgic, just like the movie.

Mad

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
I will see it in the theater. I was surprised to hear of the sequel, since I recall the original and it was not all that good or popular. Nevertheless it was either one or or THE first digitally altered flick and it was significant for that. The retro look of the trailer is appealing.

V

Vracer111

Audioholic
Just got back from seeing it and I enjoyed it. Liked it better than the first tron, and I like the first Tron. Can't wait for the Blu-Ray release, the audio should be spectacular - incredibly detailed whether soft or loud with great spacial positioning. Visuals awesome as well. I did think the 3D was not up to par though..don't go in expecting AVATAR 3D (even though the same system technology was used) or you will be somewhat disappointed. At least thats my impression of the RealD 3D I saw, it could be just how 3D works in that kind of lighting environment.

I was concerned with the PG rating beforehand, but it was really good and fairly true to the trailers...nice action without cussing is refreshing for a change. Worked out well. Avatar could learn a few things from Tron Legacy. Certain scenes where dialog was minimal and facial expressions conveying dialog worked out very well... the dinner scene comes to mind.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There's a review that was done by TronGuy LOL. He said he really liked it also, not unsurprisingly.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis