William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
My room 16x37x7. I have 7.2 now. My ceiling has a duct soffit behind my couch. Can’t put ceiling top back speakers in. Only from above my seating position to 14’ to TV.
Would you be willing to post some pics? They’re usually quite helpful.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yikes! That’s a really tough room. Normally I’d say any Atmos is better than no Atmos. I’m very sad to say, because I’m a big fan of Atmos. I think you’d be better off upgrading your REL subs. I’m sure you have your reasons for choosing them, but imo Atmos will not be able to be set up appropriately(save for MAYBE .2 just barely in front of the couch but probably not) and it would be very easy to outperform them. Did the stereo shop see your room? There’s just no way there’s enough height in the front of the room to do it, and that dang soffit just sucks lol. Another option is MAYBE side heights, but I just don’t know…..

Cjamrr

Cjamrr

Audioholic
Yes, there is alot of disappointment in having ductwork on that side of basement. What is your opinion on upgrading subs. I love how they perform. Actually traded my JL Audio 212 for REL

Cjamrr

Cjamrr

Audioholic
“I think you’d be better off upgrading your REL subs. I’m sure you have your reasons for choosing them”. What is your upgrading subs be?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Well in my honest opinion, subwoofers from brands such as Rythmik, PSA, HSU, monolith, funk, and JTR etc, offer much better performance, especially for HT.
I also think JL is overpriced, although the finish is sometimes better than other brands. I think if you had a pair of large diameter ported subs from one of the aforementioned brands you’d be surprised at how much impact and depth you’re not getting now. I also believe those brands build subs that are every bit as good for music. Just my personal opinion.
I do love your mains though. Just beautiful.
Also, what are those rear surrounds? From the back the one kinda looks like a JBL s412.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis