TIDAL reverses L/R constantly

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Didn't use them but for three weeks before dumping them but didn't notice anything amiss in that respect. Does it reverse constantly during every song? Just reversed on certain songs? How are you determining it? Details! :)

You sure your gear isn't the problem rather than the stream? FWIW I've never seen such a complaint in several audio groups/fora.

L

laurelkurt

Audioholic Intern
starting a song and then restarting the same song the stereo image will reverse. happens almost every time, Beatles Fool on the Hill, piano on left, flutes on right next time you play it's reversed. It happens with many songs> I sent then a complaint and I'm waiting for their response....Maybe many or most people don't even pay attention to these things. I certainly do and it's happening without question or explanation, It only happens on HIFI and MASTER content.

L

laurelkurt

Audioholic Intern
starting a song and then restarting the same song the stereo image will reverse. happens almost every time, Beatles Fool on the Hill, piano on left, flutes on right next time you play it's reversed. It happens with many songs> I sent then a complaint and I'm waiting for their response....Maybe many or most people don't even pay attention to these things. I certainly do and it's happening without question or explanation, It only happens on HIFI and MASTER content.
I can reproduce this for others to hear , but they never would have noticed had I not pointed out to them

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I can't say I'd started and then restarted a song when I streamed Tidal at all. Does it reverse back if you restart a second time?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Might also want to confirm the hardware you're using, don't know if it will have any bearing, but....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So just because I played Fool on the Hill a few different ways on Spotify with restarting and all....L/R stayed constant.

L

laurelkurt

Audioholic Intern
Well, I can't say I'd started and then restarted a song when I streamed Tidal at all. Does it reverse back if you restart a second time?
Yes, but not consistently every single time. The reason I started and restarted in the first place was because I was noticing with old familiar songs that the image was reversed. IE. In live Grateful Dead recordings, Bobby's rhythm guitar is always left and Brent's keys in the right. At first I thought it was in my head 'cause I'd hear it wrong and start it again and it would be right.

TIDAL emailed me a potential fix. I haven't tried it yet. I'm still having my morning coffee. I'm impressed that they got back with me so soon.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, but not consistently every single time. The reason I started and restarted in the first place was because I was noticing with old familiar songs that the image was reversed. IE. In live Grateful Dead recordings, Bobby's rhythm guitar is always left and Brent's keys in the right. At first I thought it was in my head 'cause I'd hear it wrong and start it again and it would be right.

TIDAL emailed me a potential fix. I haven't tried it yet. I'm still having my morning coffee. I'm impressed that they got back with me so soon.
Curious to know what they said. Sounds like you're getting a mirror image so to speak.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis