The Upgrade Company Threatened Audioholics with Legal Action

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
They say that if you tell a lie often enough, it gets accepted as the truth.

I guess if you pay a lawyer to say it for you, it takes less time?

I wonder if he'll hear from Machina Dynamica next?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I sent him an email.

MrHiEndAudio@aol.com

Everybody send him a cordial message with a request for apology and a complaint about his action. I figure 20 emails about it and he'll go into hiding.

J

jamie2112

Banned
I took my son in for an UPGRADE of a phone from a carrier we use but I wont say the COMPANY name.The 2 year UPGRADE from said COMPANY was a new phone of his choice.I am happy about his UPGRADE from my phone COMPANY.I would like to get an UPGRADE on my COMPANY flight home in a few days...Oh cool I have had an UPGRADE from my COMPANY. Thats a big help as I have been asking for an UPGRADE from the COMPANY for some time now.I sure am glad that my UPGRADE COMPANY didnt try to claim otherwise...:D

Sorry I just couldn't help myself.I need an UPGRADE

GirgleMirt

GirgleMirt

Audioholic
I would even extend you/him the offer of independently reviewing and measuring the benefits of his modifications particularly for the Oppo BDP-83 or BDP-83SE players since I am well versed in those product designs and have over $100k worth of test gear and the engineering know how to determine any measurable performance increases resulting from Mr. Schulte’s modifications.
My god, what a generous offer! If he was not a scam artist selling snake oil I'm sure he's jump on that offer! :D

What a joke, this scum Schulte epitomizes one of the things which is wrong this industry (scamming people with useless, overpriced junk which does not do a single thing of what is advertised of doing), and now getting his crony lawyer to try to censor any logical and reasonable observations on his worthless moronic 'upgrades'... What a laugh!

Way to go Gene! I'm sure you have the entire audio community behind you! Well... The non-snake oil part of the industry at least... I'm sure this thread will become a classic. (My avatar is looking at you! :))

Anyone taking bets that he's not going to send in a unit for review? :rolleyes:

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
can't you guys report this company for false advertising or selling something non-existent?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I think they saw how much publicity the Lexicon fiasco received through this site and are trying to play off that. Someone once said:

"There is no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary"
I'm not too sure about the last part. I have read some obits that were the most glowing comments on the person's life and in some cases, I definitely knew they weren't accurate.

There's another old saying- "If you want to read something nice about yourself, take out an ad".

highfigh

highfigh

The funny thing is it says may not shall, which means little to nothing.
It doesn't state a requirement- it basically means 'it's fair to say that....". Not like a contract where the difference between will and shall exists in a sentence like "The ACME Corporation, of Walla Walla, Washington will.shall send one each, jet pack, suitable for causing a beaten-down old coyote to fly straight into the side of a mountain".

highfigh

highfigh

can't you guys report this company for false advertising or selling something non-existent?
(said, in the manner of a '60s hippie) How can you put a price on a dream, man? Sometimes, they're all we have!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

... I am still waiting on a response from them as they went completely silent when I also offered to involve the FTC. :rolleyes:
Only offered? I would have thought you would have fired off a complaint to the FTC just on principles.:D

A

ArthurPE

Banned
the lawyers letter is standard fare...all bluster, no substance...
he was taking a shot that someone would 'fold'...
he threatens legal action, then responds that he didn't threaten...

I especially like this part in his response:
I can certainly understand your negative reaction at having received a letter from an attorney, and perhaps this in itself is viewed as "threatening".

and he spends the rest of that response back-peddling, deflecting and trying to convince the guy he threatened, that he didn't threaten him...lol

he makes a statement as if it were fact 'both false and defamatory'
he will not decide that, a court/arbitrator will...
should have said 'my client believes'
like the attorney researched all the technical merits and came to the conclusion they are not true...

I don't blame the lawyer, he's just trying to make a buck, he doesn't have to know the facts of the case, or believe in it, just do what the client asks within ethical bounds...honestly, he probably thought it was a crock of shyte as he wrote it, but he's got a mortgage too...

Jed M

Jed M

Full Audioholic
I have posted around 5-6k posts on various forums and I am pretty sure I have never used this word before, but this Schulte is a charlatan. I hope he takes you up on that offer so we can see how his "upgrades" measure. :rolleyes:

Its really sad that in this country somebody can be threatened/sued for pointing out injustices. The more people that learn of his snakeoil the better. I am sick of people trying to cheat others without anybody saying anything. This forum is a breath of fresh air.

highfigh

highfigh

Its really sad that in this country somebody can be threatened/sued for pointing out injustices.
It's even worse that if someone tries to administer first aid in the event of an accident, they can be sued, if it doesn't go well.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
It's even worse that if someone tries to administer first aid in the event of an accident, they can be sued, if it doesn't go well.
The Good Samaritan law is supposed to protect us there. But we desperately need a common sense law for lawsuits.

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
One of the things I most vividly remember when I learned CPR is that if someone is in need of CPR (e.g. when you're walking down the street and you see someone collapse and struggling to breathe), you're not forced to give them aid.

6L6X4

6L6X4

Audioholic
I think this David Schulte character totally miscalculated what the response would be to his sleazy little legal threat.

Instead of squelching free speech regarding his so called "upgrades," he's stirred up a hornets nest of bad press.

Hey Schulte, you not only shot yourself in the foot... you blew it clean off.

Fool!

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
I think this David Schulte character totally miscalculated what the response would be to his sleazy little legal threat.

Instead of squelching free speech regarding his so called "upgrades," he's stirred up a hornets nest of bad press.

Hey Schulte, you not only shot yourself in the foot... you blew it clean off.

Fool!
Indeed. Two very good case studies are Monster Cable® cease and desist letter to Blue Jeans Cable and Monster Cables® litigation attempts to Monster Mini Golf and the media afterfall. Neither of these situations didn't work out to well for Monster Cable ®. To put it gently it was a corporate and PR disaster of epic porportions.

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
I believe the term you're looking for is the Barbra Streisand effect.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Hello mouth meet my foot...............idiot for sure just screw yourself next time it would be easier....

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Indeed. Two very good case studies are Monster Cable® cease and desist letter to Blue Jeans Cable and Monster Cables® litigation attempts to Monster Mini Golf and the media afterfall. Neither of these situations didn't work out to well for Monster Cable ®. To put it gently it was a corporate and PR disaster of epic porportions.
Yeah before this I didn't mind monster making big bucks off people I had a couple of monster cables myself. Now I refuse to own, suggest, or allow other to buy the cable.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis