The Upgrade Company Threatened Audioholics with Legal Action

A

ArthurPE

Banned
Most pro athletes earn their pay. Lawyers chasing frivolous lawsuits earn our anger. At least the athlete provides a service.

Most pro athletes don't make millions which is why they go on strike.
which ones? can't be baseball
In 2009, the average salary was $2,996,106
The minimum salary for the 2009 season is $400,000 (without incentives)

NBA MNIMUMS
1st year 475k
2nd year 760k
3 854k
5th year 1 mil
all minimums w/o any incentives/bonues...base pay
avg 5.35 Mil

NFL
avg 1.8 mil
min 300k

we pay these jagaloons this kind of $$$ and we pay cops 30k to get shot at, or some buck private 25k to go to war, or the Generals that we entrust our children to 170k...something is wrong with our priorities

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
which ones? can't be baseball
In 2009, the average salary was $2,996,106
The minimum salary for the 2009 season is $400,000 (without incentives)

NBA MNIMUMS
1st year 475k
2nd year 760k
3 854k
5th year 1 mil
all minimums w/o any incentives/bonues...base pay
avg 5.35 Mil

NFL
avg 1.8 mil
min 300k

we pay these jag-a-loons this kind of $$$ and we pay cops 30k to get shot at, or some buck private 25k to go to war, or the generals that we entrust our children to 100k...something is wrong with our priorities
I think even $500.000 / year would be fine with me :cool:

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
we pay these jagaloons this kind of $$$ and we pay cops 30k to get shot at, or some buck private 25k to go to war, or the Generals that we entrust our children to 170k...something is wrong with our priorities
That's because we don't pay people based on the value of the job they do or the service they provide to society. People are paid based on the scarcity of their ability.

A

ArthurPE

Banned
That's because we don't pay people based on the value of the job they do or the service they provide to society. People are paid based on the scarcity of their ability.
there are more pro football players than generals

Stereodude

Stereodude

Senior Audioholic
there are more pro football players than generals
And? It's simple supply and demand. There is a scarcity of people with the talent to play pro football (more demand than supply). The same apparently isn't true of generals.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
It doesn't matter- I still won't buy them. Munster has a new line of cables? What do they do- fix Global Warming?
I know you are not buying, I was just hoping that another place is not going to sell them, getting rid of them permanently.:D

A

ArthurPE

Banned
And? It's simple supply and demand. There is a scarcity of people with the talent to play pro football (more demand than supply). The same apparently isn't true of generals.
or our values are skewed and we are a nation of superficial morons...
a game >>> than the lives of our children
and since we are the dimwits that make football > than the lives of our kids, perhaps it is correct...
football >>> lives of our kids that we morons breed...for they will be morons
I'm going with mine ;)

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have a serious question. I question the legality of their communication with Gene and find it disgusting that this company would resort to these bullying tactics. I also find it interesting that this only came about recently when the thread or threads in question were obviously very old and unviewable unless someone was specifically looking for them.

This all leaves me pondering one simple inquiry...

WHAT THE HELL IS "THE UPGRADE COMPANY"? :D

J

just listening

Audioholic
I, 1000% applaud Gene and his stand. The shear facts that are readily available online (especially on AVS), and Gene's honest challenge to openly and faily bench test TUC claims I'm betting will silence the accuser.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
threads in question were obviously very old and unviewable unless someone was specifically looking for them.
[/B]
When I do a google search of "the upgrade company" with those 3 words the Audioholics thread in question is on the first page of the google search. The internet is a very powerful tool. My IMO on the matter is that he is trying to bully his way into censoring any negative opinons about the "modifications" this company offers and the questions regarding the legitimacy of the service that this company offers.

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
The owner of "The Upgrade Company" is most likely another MLS, probably just as fat too.

I should sue him for breathing up all my air.

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic
When I do a google search of "the upgrade company" with those 3 words the Audioholics thread in question is on the first page of the google search. The internet is a very powerful tool. My IMO on the matter is that he is trying to bully his way into censoring any negative opinons about the "modifications" this company offers and the questions regarding the legitimacy of the service that this company offers.
I saw that too. Strangely, searching "upgrade company" doesn't have that thread until the second page. It's ironically right under the link to the BBB's company info page.

G

Gizmologist

Junior Audioholic
Just joined

I am one of many from AVS who challenged DS to provide ANY part number from ANY device that he "mods" and the substitute part he chose. He specifically mentioned changing voltage regulators and I informed him via the forum that I had immediate availability for most all manufacturers of component parts.

I promised to post ALL the data from the original and his chosen replacement and to apologize for posting any doubt about the validity of the "mods" No response aside from a weak attempt at deflection.

I got the same reaction to a mega buck cable hawker when I informed him I was designing and building a digitally controlled, fully autonomous and random DBT switching system for comparing IC cables. After a denial to even try it after completion, nuttin but crickets can be heard.

Interesting that when pressed for any facts and provided with an accurate fool proof methodology to test the claims, everyone goes into hiding.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

...I got the same reaction to a mega buck cable hawker when I informed him I was designing and building a digitally controlled, fully autonomous and random DBT switching system for comparing IC cables. After a denial to even try it after completion, nuttin but crickets can be heard.
Make sure you have your device keep the selected choices in memory for recall at the end of the test. That is when the answers should be released.:D

Yes, when it is time for them to perform, they are nowhere to be found. That is the history of such challenges.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

A more interesting approach would be for Gene to obtain one of Mr. S' products via a third party, thoroughly test/examine it and report out. Regardless of TUC's response to his offer.

Let the chips fall where they may.
That certainly can also be done at the same time.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis