The Upgrade Company is a Sham?

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
I have to say DrJohnRead I have to agree with your view that posts are more relevant when posted by someone who has actually had experience with the equipment they are posting about.
" A mind is like a parachute, best used when open."

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
It's like discussing the pros and cons of poisons snake bite and interested in more relevant posts from people whom actually had first hand experience.

Just because someone thinks that item a than item b based on personal experience it is not always necessarily true. Human mind is very unreliable device which can easily be tricked both internally and externally.

http://youarenotsosmart.com/ - Highly recommend, especially top posts

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Don't feed these trolls. As G.K. Chesterton said, "If you argue with a lunatic you will get the worst of it." These are lunatics.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
There is no reason to argue, everyone has their opinion. When I buy equipment, I will look at those opinions, way them against my own and the facts. Unfortunately, there are no facts (measurements, extensive research, testing etc.) to support any claims on their website. There are plenty of client testimonials, for some people that may be enough. There might actually be sonic improvement, I don't know, but here is what I do know...

I am not going to buy expensive audio equipment that is not from an authorized reseller unless there are compelling facts that make it a sure bet. That is not the case here, I don't know enough and there are not any factual data to support the claims being made on the website.

There may or may not be sonic improvement, but there is not enough facts IMO on their website, for me to be comfortable buying form the website. I would also not recommend this site to others primarily on the basis I have not used them and for the above stated reasons.

If people are so confident it's a sure thing, then please go and buy from them, I am more than happy to have you take the risk and report back. :)

DrJohnRead

DrJohnRead

Enthusiast
My impressions of Day 1 Munich HI-FI Show 2019

Outstanding sound by $150K Mata VAC speakers driven by Hybrid BMA mono blocks - this was a big soundstage with tons of extended dynamic range and super high quality performance. The mono’s are a unique design comprised of a current generator and cleaner as front end providing clean up to 97A current to the tube output section over 980W clean power into 4ohms. This was an exceptional sound and delivery. Truly a benchmark sound.

What surprises most is the tons of rooms with really poor sound.

My wife and I agreed...as she said my current system based on average components upgraded by David Schulte at The Upgrade Company far exceed everything we heard except these $225k speakers and amplifiers.
And we don’t mean by a small margin either. In benchmark terms we were continually astonished at the poor quality sound that dominates the first floor of the Hi-Fi show. I’ll not name the brands here but there was sucked out bass inadequate mids and no slow decaying highs anywhere. Not even ordinary. Rather just gobsmacking lack of quality sound. In case you think we have bad ears (I cleaned mine with pharmacy grade solution the night before) we were joined at lunch by another patron from NZ who expressed his dissatisfaction even more strongly than ours. We were not alone.

The good quality conversations were peppered with sales staff in stands who know nothing about their products and couldn’t answer basic questions. I felt like there needs to be a universal sales training and product induction program, before you can run a stall. It’s no wonder this is called a hobby not so much an industry. I cannot understand why Hi-Fi doesn’t seek to partner with high end retailers to provide a quality ambience to retail shops in Munich and every major city around the world. Here in Munich there are some world class retailers and retail spaces. The partnership opportunities seem ideal. On the contrary the branding at this show just feels a little lost in boys techno toys and amateur sales hour. This in only the ground floor Day 1 experience. Tomorrow we’ll tackle the rooms upstairs...

David’s products could shine at this show as well as they do in my living room.
Thanks for your fierce devotion to development David. We have definitely been spoiled for great sound by your engineering upgrades to our systems.

My wife Rani says “why did we travel half way across the world to Munich when you have a better sounding system at home?”

What system you ask?

I replied “our system is all SE Upgraded by David J. Schulte at The Upgrade Company, that’s what makes everything so much better.”

Its true. Our system sounds better than anything we heard in any of the listening rooms at the 2019 Munich High-End Show.

Don’t believe me?

I dare you to try The Upgrade Company’s VASTLY improved SE upgrades for yourself.

Sincerely
John
Dr John Read

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Wow.

So... do you have a working link to The Upgrade Company site..?

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
Hmmm, so Dr John Read comes back for the first time in FOUR YEARS to post to a thread that hadn't had any replies in FIVE YEARS, and all he gives us is a bunch of BS.

Thanks, I guess?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hmmm, so Dr John Read comes back for the first time in FOUR YEARS to post to a thread that hadn't had any replies in FIVE YEARS, and all he gives us is a bunch of BS.

Thanks, I guess?
My assumption is he is a shill for the company.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My impressions of Day 1 Munich HI-FI Show 2019

Outstanding sound by $150K Mata VAC speakers driven by Hybrid BMA mono blocks - this was a big soundstage with tons of extended dynamic range and super high quality performance. The mono’s are a unique design comprised of a current generator and cleaner as front end providing clean up to 97A current to the tube output section over 980W clean power into 4ohms. This was an exceptional sound and delivery. Truly a benchmark sound.

What surprises most is the tons of rooms with really poor sound.

My wife and I agreed...as she said my current system based on average components upgraded by David Schulte at The Upgrade Company far exceed everything we heard except these $225k speakers and amplifiers.
And we don’t mean by a small margin either. In benchmark terms we were continually astonished at the poor quality sound that dominates the first floor of the Hi-Fi show. I’ll not name the brands here but there was sucked out bass inadequate mids and no slow decaying highs anywhere. Not even ordinary. Rather just gobsmacking lack of quality sound. In case you think we have bad ears (I cleaned mine with pharmacy grade solution the night before) we were joined at lunch by another patron from NZ who expressed his dissatisfaction even more strongly than ours. We were not alone.

The good quality conversations were peppered with sales staff in stands who know nothing about their products and couldn’t answer basic questions. I felt like there needs to be a universal sales training and product induction program, before you can run a stall. It’s no wonder this is called a hobby not so much an industry. I cannot understand why Hi-Fi doesn’t seek to partner with high end retailers to provide a quality ambience to retail shops in Munich and every major city around the world. Here in Munich there are some world class retailers and retail spaces. The partnership opportunities seem ideal. On the contrary the branding at this show just feels a little lost in boys techno toys and amateur sales hour. This in only the ground floor Day 1 experience. Tomorrow we’ll tackle the rooms upstairs...

David’s products could shine at this show as well as they do in my living room.
Thanks for your fierce devotion to development David. We have definitely been spoiled for great sound by your engineering upgrades to our systems.

My wife Rani says “why did we travel half way across the world to Munich when you have a better sounding system at home?”

What system you ask?

I replied “our system is all SE Upgraded by David J. Schulte at The Upgrade Company, that’s what makes everything so much better.”

Its true. Our system sounds better than anything we heard in any of the listening rooms at the 2019 Munich High-End Show.

Don’t believe me?

I dare you to try The Upgrade Company’s VASTLY improved SE upgrades for yourself.

Sincerely
John
Dr John Read
Holy crap! There IS a working link!

I'll tell you what Dr Read, I have a spare receiver that I'm willing to donate so we can clear all of this up. I would first like to send it to gene so he can take some detailed, accurate measurements and document them before sending it to TUC. After the upgrade I would ask gene to take the same set of measurements. This way we can objectively compare and look for increases in performance. We wouldn't even have to open it up!

If we can prove there are significant and audible improvements after the upgrade I think it would be a huge win for TUC. Just think about it, I can see the thread title over at AVS right now... "Audioholics puts TUC claims to the test- you'll be shocked at what they discovered!". It would spread like wildfire through the audio community! The awesome press and publicity alone would make it worth TUC's time and effort, don't you think?

What do you say doc? You seem to have a great relationship with the company and I'm a potential future customer with lots of gear to upgrade. Think he'd be up for it?

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
What, no mention of liquidity? Won't someone think of the liquidity???

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Must not be too tough. I'm a potential customer and Dr Read won't even reply to me. :(

B

Beave

Audioholic Chief
What, no mention of liquidity? Won't someone think of the liquidity???
"Liquidity" as a descriptor of sound, or "liquidity" as a state of his cash flow? Because one probably goes down as the other goes up. My bet is he's only concerned with his cash flow.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Ho lee Fukk...
As I was reading TUC’s website “claims and info” I found that I was actually punching myself in the balls as it was less painful than reading that bullshit.
Dr read, whatever that means, thank you for coming here and giving us all the finger. Fukk you.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
As I was reading his post I kept thinking, "Damn. If Game of Thrones had this cat writing for them season 8 probably would have been so much better..."

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
As I was reading his post I kept thinking, "Damn. If Game of Thrones had this cat writing for them season 8 probably would have been so much better..."
Yeah right!!! And then I could send them my Gt3 since “stock sucks”.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis