The Predator September 14th, 2018!

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
We're gonna need our gofundme effort to go viral and make the happy part of the news, (you know, the last 30 seconds) if you want popcorn!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
We're gonna need our gofundme effort to go viral and make the happy part of the news, (you know, the last 30 seconds) if you want popcorn!
Really, the prices at my local theater are very reasonable. But, lawd forbid you ever order a soda or popcorn or even candy. Take a man, his wife, and say like (2) kids and one can easily spend $100 in a New York minute. Figure $30-$40 dollars for tickets, then at least another $30-$40 dollars on popcorn, sodas, candy, and etc. Add in gas and such and it does not take long to hit that $100 bill.

If I really am hungry I just go to the Burger King which is less than a city block from the theater. Both of which, are merely a mile from my home. Not to mention, I can get a Whopper, small fries, and a small drink for $5.30. As such, every now and then I will go eat at that BK before the movie.

Most of the time, I just eat at home. It is very seldom that I eat anything at the theater. Even a small soda is $5! However, I always make sure that I get my points so that eventually I will get a free movie pass. Then, I may get a soda......LOL!!!:p Have to skip the candy.

Cheers,

Phil

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I dont know if it still works this way, but I worked at a theater 20 years ago and the main boss told me that prices are so high because thats where the theater actually makes its money. Most of the ticket sales go to the studios that made the movie, so for the theaters to keep the doors open they rely on food sales.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I dont know if it still works this way, but I worked at a theater 20 years ago and the main boss told me that prices are so high because thats where the theater actually makes its money. Most of the ticket sales go to the studios that made the movie, so for the theaters to keep the doors open they rely on food sales.
I suppose it is still very much that way. Kind of makes sense to me. But, there are always alternatives to keeping costs down. I think that I have explored them all........LOL!!!!:)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yes! Yes! & Yes! The 14th can NOT get here fast enough inmho! :cool:

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well, it looks like I have decided to go see this one tomorrow at the 11:30 am showing. It only costs $6. Will eat my lunch before going so no need to spend at the theater. Guess, I am really am an el cheapo! :cool:

Cheers,

Phil

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
...Guess, I am really am an el cheapo! :cool:
Cheers,
Phil
No you are not. Not many here are rolling in $$$$$$, if any. Got to watch every penny and if you have the time, why not. Also less crowded most likely. We try tpo make the 1st show as well. :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
No you are not. Not many here are rolling in $$$$$$, if any. Got to watch every penny and if you have the time, why not. Also less crowded most likely. We try tpo make the 1st show as well. :)
I hear you loud and clear. Every single penny counts. I used to say every dollar counts. But, lately is more like every penny. Very stoked to see this one! :)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Got to see this. Found it to be very good. The thing is though you really have to pay attention closely as there is so much going on. Lots of info given throughout. There is no doubt a sequel will be in the works. The special effects/audio were quite good inmho. Highly recommend! :cool: Certainly worth my $6!

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
... The thing is though you really have to pay attention closely as there is so much going on. Lots of info given throughout. ...

Cheers,

Phil
But, but, I only have two eyes and two ears. I see an overload coming. ;):D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Oh I forgot to mention that the explicit language is extremely graphic for any of you with children. Honestly, I was a bit surprised myself. Use your discretion wisely. Just saying..........

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Saw it, liked it for what it was, but it is not a good movie. Point being, it can be entertaining, yet not good o_O

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Man dem predators been coming here for a long time! About time we get dem dudes man! How dare Dey come here mumchin on us like we just a snack or something!

Mike

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Saw it, liked it for what it was, but it is not a good movie. Point being, it can be entertaining, yet not good o_O
I've seen and enjoyed every single Predator and AVP movie. :D

Doesn't even matter to me if they are Oscar-worthy. :D

Entertainment is the name of the game.

This one looks like 100% FUN.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Initial review said terrible story, OK action. I might wait for a rental.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I liked this one a lot. But, the overly explicit sexual language was totally uncalled for inmho. As far as the story-line goes, they just dump a lot of info on you at one time rather than letting things unfold more. It is like the producers are running out of time so they just drop all of it on you instead of it in bits and pieces. Olivia Munn is such a hottie! That is just fine by me. :p

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Man dem predators been coming here for a long time! About time we get dem dudes man! How dare Dey come here mumchin on us like we just a snack or something!

Mike
Now Mike, I don't fault either Predator for wanting to take a bite out of Olivia. Heck, I want to too! :p:cool::p

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHZL_enUS744US744&biw=1745&bih=853&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=TeafW-miPKqD5wLXx5vwBA&q=olivia+munn+bikinni+pics&oq=olivia+munn+bikinni+pics&gs_l=img.3...54948.58366..58506...0.0..0.98.1135.13......1....1..gws-wiz-img.......0.0BzvFqwkiPw

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Ranking in the series? I still think it will be hard to top the original. That said I will watch it when it comes to cable.
Dave

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis