The Predator September 14th, 2018!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Folks, I have been waiting for this one to be released. From what I can tell it looks to be quite good. That is, if you are a SyFy nut like me. Here is a link:

I am oh so looking forward to this one! :):):)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Yes, another nut here;) Just trying to unravel the timeline here.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Not sure what to expect from that movie.. I liked the first two Predators but not the 3rd one.. Will see if I go to see this on theaters or not.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
This actually looks to be like a remake of the original, no? Had to rethink the timeline myself just a bit. Either way, it does look good. Personally, I can't wait to see it! ;)

Cheers,

Phil

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Were any of the originals about an 'evolved Predator'?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Were any of the originals about an 'evolved Predator'?
That is a good question. But, from the beginning it is very obvious that the Predator is a highly evolved species as compared to mankind. Have read that Shane Black is taking that evolution up a few notches. That, of course, makes things more interesting to get away from the same ole same ole.:)

Cheers,

Phil

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It looks pretty awesome. The last one I saw was the one where the predator showed the human girl how to use the alien head as a shield or some such...

That one wasn't all that good.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Yup, saw this trailer last week. Looks fun.
Yeah, when this comes out I am certainly NOT waiting for a matinee. Will gladly pay regular price. That does NOT happen very often around my parts. Just saying...........:)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Oh man I can not wait to go see this. Like always, it will be an early matinee. No need to spend more than I have to. September 14th can NOT get here fast enough inmho!:)

Cheers,

Phil

TechHDS

Audioholic General
This actually looks to be like a remake of the original, no? Had to rethink the timeline myself just a bit. Either way, it does look good. Personally, I can't wait to see it! ;)

Cheers,

Phil
Would like to know where they came from.
Cool thing about them they go around the universe hunting other species for food and trophies. They only kill what they need to eat.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
So the 'R' rating is confirmed now? Good! Will definitely see it. I wasn't going to bother if it was some watered-down PG13 crap.

There's something out there, and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die.

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I think I'll pass on this one. Not really diggin the cast at all. The original movie was not a classic because of the Predator itself or the stunts and effects, it was a classic due to the larger than life characters. They had one hell of an ensamble that Hollywood really hasnt seen again.

Personally, I could go the rest of my life without another remake and would die smiling. Somebody out there has some new ideas, hire those people.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Cool thing about them they go around the universe hunting other species for food and trophies. They only kill what they need to eat.
Mike, they came from both of my ex-wives.:eek: I was lucky enough to get away before my fate was sealed.:cool:

Cheers,

Phil

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Food not so much but yes on the trophies. I didn't actually ever see a predator eat a human in any of the movies.
Dave

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Food not so much but yes on the trophies. I didn't actually ever see a predator eat a human in any of the movies.
Dave
David Scott, in the 2nd movie one of the Predators was sucking out the body fluids from one of his victims what looked like a big straw. Danny Glover, was the lead in that one I thought was really good. But yeah mostly for trophies. The part in the 2nd movie Predator, ripped skull and spinal cord all in one from one of his victim in the subway.

Mike

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
David Scott, in the 2nd movie one of the Predators was sucking out the body fluids from one of his victims what looked like a big straw. Danny Glover, was the lead in that one I thought was really good. But yeah mostly for trophies. The part in the 2nd movie Predator, ripped skull and spinal cord all in one from one of his victim in the subway.

Mike
Hmm I didn't think of it that way. I thought he was just cleaning his trophy. But you might have a point. Yeah I liked Predator 2 also but not as much as the original.
Dave

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well I have a small dilemma here. One being I can go to the Thursday September 13th showing of Shane Black's Predator at 7 PM or 9:45 PM for $10. Or, I can wait until Friday the 14th of September early matinee for $6. However, now my local theater is now offering every "Tuesday" showings for only $5.

Being such an El Cheapo waiting until the following Tuesday (September 18th) will be painful, but I could save $5. Oh who am I kidding here? Chances are real good that I will go see the early matinee for $6. Honestly, I can NOT wait! The 15th will not get here fast enough as far as I am concerned.:)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
Im gonna start a gofundme to raise 4 bucks so u can see it earlier! :)

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Im gonna start a gofundme to raise 4 bucks so u can see it earlier! :)
LOL....what about popcorn and a diet soda? Have to skip the candy as I got to keep my sugar on the low. Plus, seasoned popcorn is so darn good..........LOL!!!!!:cool: BTW, if I wait another 4-6 weeks I can go see it at the $2 theater. But, that would be so painful.;)

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis