The Paradigm Speaker Owners Thread

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
I have both the 800F and the Defiance X12 in my living room 7.1 system. They are a great combination but even separate they are awesome. I just bought a pair of the Founders edition 40B for my office. A definite upgrade over the Martin Logan LX-16's they replaced.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
From what I hear that is a really good subwoofer. I wanted the x15s really bad but budget wasn't there so I went with a pair of HSUs. Let me know how u like the 800fs when they come in!
Will do. I ordered the 800F x2 and the 600C Center Channel speaker today in the Espresso grain finish. The dealer gave me about 500$ off of MSRP for the 3 speakers. I was going to go with 3x 800F, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to get an acoustically transparent screen, nor how I'll set up the area yet. Better/safer bet right now for me is to just go with the center channel speaker.

He said 10-14 days before they arrive. I'll let you know when I get them, and post some pics here.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Will do. I ordered the 800F x2 and the 600C Center Channel speaker today in the Espresso grain finish. The dealer gave me about 500$ off of MSRP for the 3 speakers. I was going to go with 3x 800F, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to get an acoustically transparent screen, nor how I'll set up the area yet. Better/safer bet right now for me is to just go with the center channel speaker.

He said 10-14 days before they arrive. I'll let you know when I get them, and post some pics here.
In my experience having owned the CC-690 and now the Persona C, Paradigm makes an excellent center channel, I think it was the better move than picking up a third 800. Unless I am mistaken, the downside to an acoustically transparent screen is that you lose about 15% of your Picture doing this. With the brightness of better quality projectors, it is probably not a big deal.

S

stalag2005

Full Audioholic
The center speaker/LR speakers were the right choice. the 600C center is a very good speaker and will complement the 800F nicely. I have heard both speakers demonstrated. I bought my 45 C due to space constraints but am very happy with the choice.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
The center speaker/LR speakers were the right choice. the 600C center is a very good speaker and will complement the 800F nicely. I have heard both speakers demonstrated. I bought my 45 C due to space constraints but am very happy with the choice.
I'm excited for them to arrive. Ordered them last Wednesday and the dealer said 10~14 days. Last time I ordered my Defiance X12, I think it was less than 10 days even. Fingers crossed.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Be warned, Canada is a little behind US with Covid, Paradigm is slower than usual. That being said, I got my center channel in 8 days.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Just going to make a general observation, I was curious with the new Persona C center, if it would make that much of a improvement over the GE SuperCenter XXL. Since I no longer had the GE center, I figured I would put in a Movie that I felt it struggled with, Tennet. I remember seeing it in the theater and the difficulty understanding the dialogue and it was not much better at home. Since that time, I replaced my Triton Ones with the 3Fs and the C center Channel. I have to say I was blown away on how it handled that terrible sound mix and I was able to clearly understand the people speaking. It cost the price of a nice used Honda, but I am happy with it so far.

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
Going to demo the founder 80f, 100f and 90c next Saturday!!! Then one of thems coming home with me......well Def the 90c and a pair of one the others.....but the prob won't be in stock......so in a few weeks when they get in......THEY'RE COMING HOME WITH ME!!

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Going to demo the founder 80f, 100f and 90c next Saturday!!! Then one of thems coming home with me......well Def the 90c and a pair of one the others.....but the prob won't be in stock......so in a few weeks when they get in......THEY'RE COMING HOME WITH ME!!
My dealer has the 100fs and they measure well. I have heard those along with the the 120h. I would stretch your budget and get the 100fs. The midnight cherry color is incredible.

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
It's on the very edge of the budget if I go with the 100fs.....maybe he can cut me a deal.....I had to buy the wife a new expedition to get her to agree with me upgrading speakers.....there not a lot left lol

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I sent you a message with what to ask for, if they don't deal, don't buy from them. Paradigm is a little slower than usual on delivery due to Canada being more behind the US with Covid.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Thought I'd posted pics of the 800F and 600C since I gotten them in/set up. Apparently not. So here they are. Finally got my new YPAO microphone delivered yesterday and calibrated everything. It sounds amazing. I'm tickled pink right now.
20210706_195703.jpg

20210706_203303.jpg

As well, both Defiance X12s
20210712_175520.jpg

20210711_093335.jpg

The acoustic vibration dampening boxes I built for them have helped out tremendously with the rattling in the room. I still get all of the bass sounds/feeling, without most of the rattling of walls etc.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
I was following the other thread on setup issues. Nice to hear that the microphone and calibration sorted things out. Time to enjoy!

K

keepr88

Junior Audioholic
Midnight cherry. Will definitely post pics and my humble opinions. Unless I win the lottery these will be my last speakers. Few more upgrades other places and I'm done.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Always famous last words, thought I feel the same way with my Persona's (3rd time I have felt that way) ;)

Midnight Cherry is by far the best finish on those speakers IMO, great choice!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis