The New "Free Speech" on Twitter

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
It should be understood that prior to Musk's purchase, right-wingers were not a persecuted demographic on Twitter, individual contrary anecdotes notwithstanding.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It should be understood that prior to Musk's purchase, right-wingers were not a persecuted demographic on Twitter, individual contrary anecdotes notwithstanding.

Exactly, they were allowed to spread the lies and bullshit greatly that way.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I just consider it no more important as a source than rage-fueled am radio,, or Faux.
The quotation is simply the transcription of the video of the moderator in question... You can indeed watch it for itself.

I think the best antidote is a well thought out response no matter the group. If you have to resort to en-mass silencing you've lost the long game.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The quotation is simply the transcription of the video of the moderator in question... You can indeed watch it for itself.

I think the best antidote is a well thought out response no matter the group. If you have to resort to en-mass silencing you've lost the long game.
So the employement is vetted? Just the one moderator out of how many? You know, facts/information rather than just emotional triggers?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You show me where the video was fact checked and debunked.
No, that's not how it works. Do audio claims work that way here? Just because you want to hear what you want to hear doesn't make it factual/relevant/important.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
You still don't understand or didn't closely read what I posted.. you can Google his old code all you want, have a blessed day.
Thanks, please explain.

Musk is using a PUBLIC hex code.

I realize that's annoying as h*ll, but that's the main point I've been trying to make.

People keep asserting that Sweeney was not posting public information but this is false.

The reason googling his "old code" works is because his jet is presently broadcasting the same old PUBLIC hex code (static ICAO) listed on the PUBLIC FAA website. See, here's the hex code on the FAA website right here:

1671390084177.png

Just enter the N number here: https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/Search/NNumberInquiry

I pulled this hex code off the FAA website a few minutes ago. You can see that the hex code listed on the FAA website is the same one that appears at the ADS-B exchange website. See, here it is right here:

1671397276417.png

There's no magic or cracking or hacking going on here. This is all public information that literally has nothing to do with Sweeney. No one needs Sweeney for anything.

If Sweeney never existed, every person on the entire planet would still be able to track Musk's jet by using the public information at the FAA website and the ADS-B exchange website.

One of the people (Scott W) in your original post said: "Elon uses the FAA PIA privacy program . . ." This may have been true on February 7, 2022 when he originally posted it on Twitter, but it is simply not true as of today.

The post from February stated that the owner is "anon and private, not public" when using PIA. This is not accurate. One can get Musk's PIA by filing a FOIA with the government.

>>>All aircraft information held by FAA may be available from FAA via Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) unless the information falls within an exception defined within law (5 U.S.C. § 552).<<<

The first two words of Section 552 are "public information." It makes no sense to say that back in February Musk's jet was "anon and private, not public." The information is "public information" by law and anyone can access it.

Sweeney apparently filed FOIA requests that were granted:

It's not entirely clear to me if he requested the PIA information in the FOIA, but the point is that the PIA is public information by law.

People can say Sweeney was using information that is "anon and private, not public" but it is simply not true. It was not true in February, and it is not true now.

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
F*ck Musk generally is a great shortcut. He's a twat/twit.

jinjuku

jinjuku

No, that's not how it works. Do audio claims work that way here? Just because you want to hear what you want to hear doesn't make it factual/relevant/important.
Yes that is how it works: There is OBJECTIVE proof of a moderator saying what she said and zero reciprocal.

This isn't hearsay...

I personally like systems where the community voting will tilt the post into hidden status but it's not deleted and anyone can still view the origination.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes that is how it works: There is OBJECTIVE proof of a moderator saying what she said and zero reciprocal.

This isn't hearsay...
I'm sorry, how do you figure that? Proof of what particularly? Do you realize how proof works?

ps Sorry, forgot you're a current day "conservative" where facts/real info doesn't matter, never mind.....go on to the qanon/stolen election crap, sorry.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I'm sorry, how do you figure that? Proof of what particularly? Do you realize how proof works?

ps Sorry, forgot you're a current day "conservative" where facts/real info doesn't matter, never mind.....go on to the qanon/stolen election crap, sorry.
If the video is staged/faux-news then someone would have disproved it already. Just because you think the sky is green in the face of video evidence to the contrary only makes the sky green to you.

Keep living your delusion.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
If there is any doubt that the ADS-B Exchange is not actually showing accurate location data for Musk's jet, here's a snip showing Musk's jet in Qatar:

1671433165716.png

Here's photo from a NYT.com article showing Musk in Qatar with Jared Kushner on Sunday:

1671433411483.png

The New York Times correctly reported that the aircraft tracking accounts were using public data:

>>>It began last Wednesday when Twitter banned more than 25 accounts that tracked the locations of private planes — including Mr. Musk’s — using publicly available information. While Mr. Musk had previously promised to allow the account, known as @ElonJet, to remain online, he then said he deemed the accounts, which also tracked the planes of oligarchs, government agencies and celebrities, a security risk.<<<(emphasis added)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If the video is staged/faux-news then someone would have disproved it already. Just because you think the sky is green in the face of video evidence to the contrary only makes the sky green to you.

You're the one with the dubious source, for all I know it has been disproved. Project Veritas is full of crap so wouldn't surprise me.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
So, all you have is a link to a video from a far-right group known for deceptively editing videos? A link that you initially refused to give, and when asked for the source of your quote you snarkily told him to google for it.

Do you have any reputable sources for your claim that conservatives are generally censored on Facebook? All you have is one example from a very disreputable site.

Pot, meet kettle.

Last edited:
cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
I think there is a Saudi $$$ connection to the purchase. Doubt Elon sold enough of his stocks to pay cash.
Thanks, I Didn't know that till I looked it up. The Saudi invested $375 million for the financing of Musk’s Twitter purchase among a few others, Sequoia Capital $800 million, Binance contributed $500 million and Fidelity, which has pledged $316 million. And the rest of the $44 billion was Musk which still makes him the overall owner.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Sure, upto a point, as he still has to comply with local regulations in various markets Twitter is operating in. EU officials are not happy, for instance.

However, for Musk this goes beyond Twitter and could very well affect his outer businesses. Investors are looking at him acquiring Twitter for a huge amount of money, how that was done, and how he (mis)manages the company while pissing off many people along the way, including consumers.

Musk essentially wasted $44 billion on a whim that is also consuming his attention that is better spent elsewhere.
I just can't see anything messing up his success with Space X. Its been non stop. And the next launch Dec 28 and then Jan 2, 2023.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Thanks, I Didn't know that till I looked it up. The Saudi invested $375 million for the financing of Musk’s Twitter purchase among a few others, Sequoia Capital $800 million, Binance contributed $500 million and Fidelity, which has pledged $316 million. And the rest of the $44 billion was Musk which still makes him the overall owner.
Yep, $1.27 billion is a small fraction but ....
He is already selling his Tesla stocks by the billions, stock is down 50%. Tesla Solar may be suffering because of this as he is closing orders even after permitted:
Tesla cancels solar projects en masse, scales back solar division (electrek.co)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis