The New "Free Speech" on Twitter

jinjuku

jinjuku

So, all you have is a link to a video from a far-right group known for deceptively editing videos? A link that you initially refused to give, and when asked for the source of your quote you snarkily told him to google for it.

Do you have any reputable sources for your claim that conservatives are generally censored on Facebook? All you have is one example from a very disreputable site.

Pot, meet kettle.
If this was refutable it would have been. So if PV posts a video of cops beating someone down did it not happen?

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks, I Didn't know that till I looked it up. The Saudi invested $375 million for the financing of Musk’s Twitter purchase among a few others, Sequoia Capital $800 million, Binance contributed $500 million and Fidelity, which has pledged $316 million. And the rest of the $44 billion was Musk which still makes him the overall owner.
The Saudi government obviously wants to restrict public flight tracking data, but it's not clear that the Saudi prince's ownership share in Twitter had much to do with the Twitter bans (the information is available elsewhere, so banning it on Twitter is a bit like putting one's finger in a dike)

>>>More recently, in 2018 researchers used ADS-B data to trace the route that a Saudi kill squad took on its way to murder Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Earlier this year, the Saudi government submitted a proposal to the International Civil Aviation Organization to encrypt and restrict access to this data. “The uncontrolled access to detailed/accurate ADS-B data on the internet raised concerns by aircraft operators and owners on safety, security, and privacy of flights,” the Saudis wrote to the Montreal-headquartered UN body.

“Oh, the country that flies assassins around the world wants to hide aviation info from the public because of ‘security’?” Watkins says. “How quaint.”

A Saudi prince, Alwaleed bin Talal bin Abdulaziz, is the second-largest shareholder in Twitter. The site’s largest owner, Musk, is similarly relying on security concerns as he moves to ban this flight data from his platform.<<<

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
I'll warn you not to intimate that I said something I didn't. I'm not advocating the silencing of a group that I happen to disagree with.
According to you voter suppression don't exist (despite much evidence to the contrary, which you ignore), "conservatives" are suppressed on social media (you got one link to a disreputable site known for deceptive editing of videos, which you embrace).

What's next? Election fraud?

Last edited:
jinjuku

jinjuku

According to you voter suppression don't exist (despite much evidence to the contrary, which you ignore), "conservatives" are suppressed on social media (you got one link to a disreputable site known for deceptive editing of videos, which you embrace).

What's next? Election fraud?
I don't think Election fraud exists either and I've more than a few times have said so. The National Board of Elections in ~2005 publicly stated their support for voter ID.

On censoring of political viewpoints:
There is even a PEW Research poll that reflects my sentiment in the matter.

If you don't have an ID you arent' flying in a plane, purchasing a gun (also a right), renting a car, opening a bank account, getting a tattoo, purchasing tobacco and alcohol, getting on government assistance are also all 'systemic suppression' according to you.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I don't think Election fraud exists either and I've more than a few times have said so. The National Board of Elections in ~2005 publicly stated their support for voter ID.

If you don't have an ID you arent' flying in a plane, purchasing a gun (also a right), renting a car, opening a bank account, getting a tattoo, purchasing tobacco and alcohol, getting on government assistance are also all 'systemic suppression' according to you.
Everybody knows election fraud isn't an issue. Trump got that ball rolling after he lost to Biden something his ego couldn't handle and unfortunately some Republican politicians who bend the knee and his weird fan base just keep rolling with it. They'll keep losing with it as well if the midterms are any indication.

Your 100% spot on about IDs how in the blazes is anyone supposed to keep track of all the situations you mentioned above unless you have a way to track them? Which is possible through ID. It's not like all these people crying about it have a better option.

If someone feels these things are systemic then at least offer us an alternative to the original. This is my biggest problem with social justice warriors. They want to change the system voting, police, the law, environment, economics, education yet they don't have a clue what to change it to. Meanwhile the rest of society is supposed to be okay with being the lab rats for they're social expirements until they figure things out.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Everybody knows election fraud isn't an issue. Trump got that ball rolling after he lost to Biden something his ego couldn't handle and unfortunately some Republican politicians who bend the knee and his weird fan base just keep rolling with it. They'll keep losing with it as well if the midterms are any indication.

Your 100% spot on about IDs how in the blazes is anyone supposed to keep track of all the situations you mentioned above unless you have a way to track them? Which is possible through ID. It's not like all these people crying about it have a better option.

If someone feels these things are systemic then at least offer us an alternative to the original. This is my biggest problem with social justice warriors. They want to change the system voting, police, the law, environment, economics, education yet they don't have a clue what to change it to. Meanwhile the rest of society is supposed to be okay with being the lab rats for they're social expirements until they figure things out.
Actually drumphy started rolling that ball well before the elections.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

There is a difference between what people says in a poll and what actually happens in the real world.

The headline of your linked poll from August 2020 was: >>>Most Americans Think Social Media Sites Censor Political Viewpoints: Republicans are far more likely than Democrats to say major tech companies favor the views of liberals over conservatives.<<<

In a poll from October 2022 NBC News: Two-thirds of Republicans still don't believe Biden was elected legitimately, but Biden was fairly elected.

You see the difference between what people thinks happens and what actually happens?

You have a reading comprehension problem or making things up because I did not write that, and nor did other posters in that closed thread either. What was discussed was voter suppression in several forms and you adamantly refused any quality articles and research about that subject. No signs of cognitive dissonance was detected.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I didn't ignore, and in fact, read what you posted. I don't agree that it amounts to what they think it amounts to.

BTW I reached out now twice about volunteering for get out the vote and never heard back....

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
If this was refutable it would have been. So if PV posts a video of cops beating someone down did it not happen?
I would suggest the difference is someone claiming to have said/done something vs someone actually doing something.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Will Twitter survive Musk's ownership? Perhaps, if he comes to his senses and hands the steering wheel to a competent CEO. Many people who admire his apparently brilliant business/engineering acumen seem to forget the old investing adage - past performance is not a guarantor of future performance.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Will Twitter survive Musk's ownership? Perhaps, if he comes to his senses and hands the steering wheel to a competent CEO. ...
But he can still have devastating impact on that CEO?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Will Twitter survive Musk's ownership? Perhaps, if he comes to his senses and hands the steering wheel to a competent CEO. Many people who admire his apparently brilliant business/engineering acumen seem to forget the old investing adage - past performance is not a guarantor of future performance.

So no sign of follow thru on his poll's promise yet?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Another question: Who would be willing to work as a CEO under him?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Another question: Who would be willing to work as a CEO under him?
I would imagine it would be a way to make a lot of money by 'blowing enough smoke up his skirt' but even Musk's comment similar to "...the next CEO who's crazy enough to take the job".

I think it could result in some interesting conversations as long as they don't veer into la-la land.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis