The Marantz SR6013 9.2CH 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with HEOS ($1,500 value) Giveaway is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mkabucis

Audiophyte
Makes a. b. and c. have always got my attention. However, I have to say that my first receiver by Toshiba with its hidden door and old school meters, etc. gave me a lot of pride and enjoyment. But it finally died, so I'd be thrilled to win this contest and be introduced to all of this new technology. Thanks.

G

gfonseca

Audiophyte
a. Denon, because it's the only brand AV receiver I've had so far... would love to try Marantz though;)

A

AllenP

Audiophyte
Marantz. Receivers that focus on stereo sound quality in addition to having all the latest av receiver features are great for combined music and surround sound systems like mine.

C

C Huson

Audiophyte
Yamaha; they have a good design set and are not unreasonably-priced for the features.

B

BGK

Audiophyte
I've had very good luck with Onkyo and I find to be a good value for my coin.

W

Wernstrome

Audiophyte
Which is your preferred A/V Receiver Brand?

I've been an Onkyo fan for a decade now. Tons of bang-for-your-buck. Tough to boot. You have to try to break them to get them to crack.

MustangMark

MustangMark

Audiophyte
My dad was an audioholic and "beat" me with Marantz propaganda for years. However, I ended up on the Yamaha bus for past 20 years, and even converted him simply due to price/value for what he/we could afford. The inherited Marantz gear is still a prize heirloom I hope to have passed down to me. Also, my last two Yamaha receivers have been disappointing. I now have the means to build my dream set up. Onkyo, Marantz and Denon are where I thought I would look to for the right solution for me, but I'm just in the beginning of my search so I am a "free agent" at this point; all ears, ready to learn! Thanks "professor" Gene for all the tuition free education on YouTube and here.

MustangMark

B

brucehaugh

Audiophyte
[QUOTE="

Which is your preferred A/V Receiver Brand? In the comment box below, please list why you chose this brand.

a. Denon

b. Marantz

c. Yamaha

d. Onkyo

e. Sony

f. Pioneer

g. Other (List in the comment box below)
[/QUOTE]

My favourite receiver brand used to be Marantz but I don't think the "new" Marantz is the same as the "old" Marantz in terms of their dedication to quality. Not to say they are bad or problematic. My new preferred brand is Anthem. Amazing sound, I like how ARC sound correction works for me.

T

triple d

Audiophyte
Marantz is my favorite receiver/processor brand. Love my Marantz HD-Amp1 integrated amp and this would make a great companion to it.

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
Although I love Denon, Marantz and Anthem, I’d have to be grateful and fair and choose my second receiver brand which was a Pioneer. That unit served me for well over a decade before switching to a Denon 6312 - which is still my current receiver. Now I need a unit with XT32, Sub EQ HT and preamp outputs to pair it with my new Emotiva 5-channel amplifier. That would be a dream come true!

P

Ponyhead

Audiophyte
Yamaha. Design of thi brand's products design looks the most premium.

N

nbenhayo

Audiophyte
A. Denon - Because my 4311ci was the first receiver to blow me away with it's power and sound customization. The natural progression would be to get a more updated Marantz next :cool:

A

Aogheli

Audiophyte
Marantz but I am currently in the planning stage and looking at the Monolith HTP-1 by monoprice let’s hope you do a review on it when release

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis