The Marantz SR6013 9.2CH 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver with HEOS ($1,500 value) Giveaway is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jerod Schnabel

Audiophyte
Denon at this point in time. I haven't owned the other brands and I love the feature set of my Denon.

P

pbenj

Enthusiast
Having owned several Yamaha AVRs to this point (RX-V800, RX-V1400, RX-V2200, RX-V3800 and RX-Z7) they been my preference. However, I'm open to Marantz and who know this could be the beggining of a new era.

E

Eh!

Audiophyte
Yamaha. Was pleased with the first one I purchased and haven't really tried anything else.

C

Cheyenne

Audiophyte
I have owned Pioneer, Yamaha and 2 Marantz. Marantz has always been the hands down winner with me.

B

Berty52

Audioholic Intern
I had 2 Yamaha and now I own a Pioneer. I prefer Pioneer.
Would like to listen Marantz.

D

Deep

Audiophyte
Nothing is more musical than Marantz in that category. Ask Hugo and Gene.

I am so glad Denon maintained the Marantz warmth and musicality after taking over.

E

ericlhyman

Audioholic Intern
I have an earlier model Marantz and prefer its Auro 3-D to Dolby Atmos and DTS alternatives for 9.1 sound.

H

hevymetlhed1982

Audiophyte
I'd have to say Yamaha but in particular the Aventage line. I've personally have only had Onkyo but just the low end receivers, no flagships. They've served me well but after Gene's approval of the Aventage line I've been eyeballing one of those for my next purchase. I like how they are now giving more accurate power specs 2 channel driven that I can have faith in after the AH reviews confirm in your reports. Won't be able to afford a good Marantz receiver though!

S

SonyLover

Audiophyte
Like the Marantz as together with Denon these are imho are the last 'real' receivers. But still love older Sony ES receivers (circa 2005 or older) as those were built like tanks, have working 7100ES which lacks any hi-res bitstream decoding but still sounds amazing via LPCM.

E

eyeQ

Enthusiast
Marantz--my recent receiver research has narrowed it down to Marantz, and I just ordered a 6013.

A

ald13

Audiophyte
Rocking a Denon 3808ci since 2009. Reliability
I want to upgrade to Marantz

B

Brian Horvath

Audiophyte
Well, to be completely honest it would be hard for me to vote for my fav here. I currently don't even have an audio system. The last system I owned was a Sony system. However, it was a HTIB system. It did ok but I wasn't very impressed with it. My first system was a Pioneer system back in the 80's, but back then, it was only a stereo system. My First actual home theater system was also a Pioneer system back in the early 90's. However, at the time, even though it had surround channels, there wasn't a way to hook up anything to utilize them. I finally got a real surround system in the late 90's, a Kenwood KR-X1000 system. (Sorry, cant remember any of the other model numbers on these systems) I really enjoyed that one. Along with my Bose speakers (not cubes, center, 400's and 100's as surrounds) it did a very nice job, until one of my kids was playing behind one of the speakers and shorted out the entire right channel by touching the leads together. I really miss that receiver (especially since I bought it, out of the box, brand new for 1/4 of it's original retail price) I bought an inexpensive Sony receiver to replace that, but let's just say it did what it was supposed to do, and now all of that is owned by my ex-wife.
I hope one day to have a home theater setup again. My living room has been taken over by X-Boxes and teenagers and there is no way I would put a system in there, it's already loud enough in there with them yelling at the TV. The wife and I just watch movies in our room on our big screen TV through TV speakers. :mad: With both of us being HUGE scifi geeks, it's sad that that we are missing out on all that hard work that goes into sound production. I really hope one day to have a nice system to enjoy what we have been missing for the past several years. That Marantz receiver sure would be a nice anniversary present. (May The 4th is our 1 yr anniversary)

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis