The everything Beer thread

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
The one I was thinking of was a double bock and rauch blend. The imperial series is OK. This one was better.

Well, I haven't seen that one that you posted, the Rauch/Bock. So, I'll have to take your word for it.

But, I'm not generally a huge SA fan, nor am I typically a huge bock/doppelbock fan. But I really like the SA Double Bock!

In my opinion, the best SA that I have ever tried.

I have also tried the Utopias at GABF several years ago. I didn't think it was very good at all!

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Spaten Optimator is my go to dopplebock. Haven't had one in a few years though.

annunaki

annunaki

I want to get a hold of the "Bible Belt".

Looks to be an awesome brew.

I forget if I've had christmas bomb yet but regular bomb is one of my favorites.

I did see you had an evil twin even more jesus the other day. I haven't had that yet either but I've had prairie/evil twin bible belt a few times. It's even more jesus spiced like bomb and it is also one of my favorites :D
You

annunaki

annunaki

Any thoughts on an "Audioholics beer trade"?

I know many of you guys are from different parts of the country and there are some great regional options that we could possibly swap.

What do you think?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I might be available to do it in a few months. My wife is already annoyed at how much i spend on beer locally...if I start getting it in the mail she'll be pissed :(

Bible belt is definitely awesome. I wasn't able to get the BA version last month when it was on shelves. Hopefully I can next time it's around.

annunaki

annunaki

IMG_0098.jpg
Stopped at Goose Island this week on our family trip.

"All Zeroes" is a winner if you get to try it. Very well done.

The new Cooper Project #1 was more hype than substance, especially after having the "All Zeroes" prior.

While Goose has a lot of good beers I feel their growing size is making them the "Bud" of craft beer at some level.

Don't get me wrong, some stuff they do Amazingly well like BCBS and such but for the "hype" of Cooper's Project #1 I expected a bit more.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
They're the bud of craft beer cuz they're owned by an-inbev :D

Still love BCBS too of course

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
They're the bud of craft beer cuz they're owned by an-inbev :D

Still love BCBS too of course
You tried the Karbach beers yet?

Really solid brewery out of Houston. Recently purchased by AB.

So far, seems that nothing has changed, hope they keep it that way.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, I've had a few Karbach beers. Disappointed that they sold out of course but I still enjoy BBH :)

annunaki

annunaki

I was at a pretty epic beer share this weekend!!

Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Black Gold '14, Black Gold '15, Black Gold '16, and Ardea Insignis all from Central Waters. A few of these beers were under 1000 bottles produced!

For reference Ardea Insignis was rated the best beer in the US by Ratebeer Awards in 2016

We also had a 2012 Big John from Goose Island from my cellar, T.O.R.I.S. From Hoppin' Frog, Buddy shots, Veritas 017, & Kollaborationbier #3 from Jester King.

I will be blogging about this share soon!

Last edited:
M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I went from drinking beer for the sole purpose of getting drunk, until I found out I was going to be a dad. Dropped it entirely up until about a year ago since the kids are grown. Never have been a fan of the major brands associated with Americana, or what I have come to know as 'habitual beer' just to be drinking. What I do really enjoy as a dinner beverage is stout. Lately I have been giving the ales a try. I do enjoy these as well. This is probably old news for all the brew-heads but I really like this, or this style. Never would have dreamed in a million years I would like something like this.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I haven't had a drink in a couple years now, but I started developing a taste for IPA's before I stopped. I really like that strong, hoppy flavor. Sierra Nevada made a pretty good one.

torpedo-ipa.png

When I was drinking heavy... very heavy, it was a lot of bud light and /or Kahlua and vodka. I started getting into micro brews and the like right before I gave it up.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I haven't had a drink in a couple years now, but I started developing a taste for IPA's before I stopped. I really like that strong, hoppy flavor. Sierra Nevada made a pretty good one.
Love hoppy IPAs. We have some good ones here in Orygun. However, I have always been fond of the Lagunitas brand (friends of mine knew these guys as garage brewers way back). I especially like this one, ever see it down your way?
hopstoopid.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I went from drinking beer for the sole purpose of getting drunk, until I found out I was going to be a dad. Dropped it entirely up until about a year ago since the kids are grown. Never have been a fan of the major brands associated with Americana, or what I have come to know as 'habitual beer' just to be drinking. What I do really enjoy as a dinner beverage is stout. Lately I have been giving the ales a try. I do enjoy these as well. This is probably old news for all the brew-heads but I really like this, or this style. Never would have dreamed in a million years I would like something like this.

Friend of mine who grew up in England (but resides here now) swears by this stuff, I like it. Don't see it very often, tho.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Love hoppy IPAs. We have some good ones here in Orygun. However, I have always been fond of the Lagunitas brand (friends of mine knew these guys as garage brewers way back). I especially like this one, ever see it down your way? View attachment 20761
Don't mind a lagunitas IPA once in a while. My favorite also happens to be from Oregon, but it's by Deschutes. Fresh squeezed IPA.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Don't mind a lagunitas IPA once in a while. My favorite also happens to be from Oregon, but it's by Deschutes. Fresh squeezed IPA.
I like Fresh Squeezed....they're (Deschutes) a sponsor of the guys I part time for, get lots o'samples :) My local go to is usually Ninkasi IPA and their Tricerahops is nice :) Also several other locals....we have some insane number here in Oregon, even here in a tiny out of the way town we have some local passion in the form of this fairly well considered English-style brewpub

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Friend of mine who grew up in England (but resides here now) swears by this stuff, I like it. Don't see it very often, tho.
I'm not in the loop. I know of a German Deli that has German beers, and Total Wine. The latter, which just happens to be somewhat easy to get to (albeit out of the way) home from work occasionally. They carry the Murphy's stout that I like and a lot of other brews from around the globe. The snobby audio guy I know, buys craft beer from somewhere that I can't remember the name of, but some of the stuff he buys goes for something like $15 a bottle. $10 of which has to be the artsy packaging.

I have to admit, the Boddingtons is quite nice. Another ale I like is called, "Old Speckled Hen." Good thirst quenchers, to boot. My ancestry is predominantly English/Irish. I wonder if beer preferences have encroached our DNA over the centuries?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis