The everything Beer thread

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I was more thinking of the "secret" ingredients revealed a while back for Guinness...some sort of fish guts but fish sauce is really good, so.....
I just don't care's long as I don't puke or die from it.

Wasn't there a bit about finding dead bodies in the spring or creek Coors gets their water from?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I just don't care's long as I don't puke or die from it.

Wasn't there a bit about finding dead bodies in the spring or creek Coors gets their water from?
As my dad used to say when asked why he didn't drink more water, because fish do it in it....

annunaki

annunaki

Just had this years Bell's HopSlam for the first time. While a good IPA, I feel like it is overhyped and overpriced. Pliny the Elder was a much better IPA in my opinion.

Also had Depravity, and Dark Horse Brewing Plead the 5th imperial stout last night. Both are quite good!

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Have not been on here in awhile. How was the Black Betty??

I have a bottle I need to crack open at some point.
I really enjoyed it. The bottle I had was probably around a year old. Drink up :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

Very good stout. First non-IPA I've had from DFH

Really good. 13% abv. Gonna buy another and age it for a year or so.

Lakewood sure knows how to make good beer. Not really all that hoppy.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not a beer drinker, or much of anything alcoholic, really. I do enjoy beer with food and prefer stout. A guy in the store suggested trying this so I bought a 4 pack. It's not bad!
Pretty good. I kind of consider it as "Newcastle Lite"

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I was more thinking of the "secret" ingredients revealed a while back for Guinness...some sort of fish guts but fish sauce is really good, so.....
I like fish sauce, then I saw how they fermit that stuff, but I still like fish sauce (just don't think about it :eek:)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Just had this years Bell's HopSlam for the first time. While a good IPA, I feel like it is overhyped and overpriced. Pliny the Elder was a much better IPA in my opinion.

Also had Depravity, and Dark Horse Brewing Plead the 5th imperial stout last night. Both are quite good!
BUT, the Hop Slam is 10% ABV! Compared to Pliny is a "measly" 8%.

That's the thing with Hop Slam--It's so good and you don't even realize it's 10%!

But, I do agree that Pliny is a superior IPA!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I like fish sauce, then I saw how they fermit that stuff, but I still like fish sauce (just don't think about it :eek:)
When I went to Ho Chi Minh (formerly Saigon) back in the 90s, my host pointed out a barrel in back of the kitchen of a restaurant and it looked sort of like a rain collection thing but he stirred up a little....it was the fish sauce barrel....fortunately I had already eaten.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I went to Ho Chi Minh (formerly Saigon) back in the 90s my host pointed out a barrel in back of the kitchen of a restaurant and it looked sort of like a rain collection thing but he stirred up a little....it was the fish sauce barrel....fortunately I had already eaten.
I just consider it as "noodle lube" :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Oooh. I didn't know the divine was on sale. I'm gonna have to grab some. Hasn't been that great the past two years, but before that it was pretty amazing.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Oooh. I didn't know the divine was on sale. I'm gonna have to grab some. Hasn't been that great the past two years, but before that it was pretty amazing.
I've not had any of the Divine series before. I would have liked to have tried 13, 14, and 15 since I enjoy all those styles. This one is a baltic porter which is another style I like :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I've not had any of the Divine series before. I would have liked to have tried 13, 14, and 15 since I enjoy all those styles. This one is a baltic porter which is another style I like :)
Those were all very good. I think 13 is the one I started with. I can't remember, but I didn't like 14 or 15 as much as 13, but I can't remember which it was. They were both great, just not as good.

This year's was nice. I enjoyed it. Couldn't find a pack, just a big bottle.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis