The Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, and Auro-3D Discussion Thread

Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
Just watched Monster Hunter

The plot was okaaay standard but okay when it was the 2 of them after her team got killed but it got cheesy at the end when the rest of the people showed up. The monsters were cool

But Milla is still frikkin hot man. The atmos was a lot of fun. And the bass was insane
You need Lasik if you think she's hot.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
You need Lasik if you think she's hot.
If I get Lasik I won't think she's hot anymore.
Damnit man you are constantly taking trying to take my love of Atmos away! Don't try to take my love of Milla away too!!!

Okay pal!!! You got it!!!

:D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Damnit man you are constantly taking trying to take my love of Atmos away! Don't try to take my love of Milla away too!!!

It’s ok. He has a Betty Davis poster in his HT…

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi

He's just jealous for 2 reasons:
1. He STILL doesn't have ATMOS for crying out loud! In this DAY and AGE! :D
2. He doesn't think Milla is hot! There's gotta be something wrong! :D

Last edited:
Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General
He's just jealous for 2 reasons:
1. He STILL doesn't have ATMOS for crying out loud! In this DAY and AGE! :D
2. He doesn't think Milla is hot! There's gotta be something wrong! :D
I do have Atmos, well kinda. :)

Last edited:
Auditor55

Auditor55

Audioholic General

I don't say much about Atmos these days, it is what is and what it has always been. As for Milla, she done hit that wall.

A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
Has anyone found Hans Zimmer's Dune movie soundtrack in a native atmos blu ray? I currently have the CD but i would really like to get my hands on the blu ray.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Man listening to Atmos on my Apple TV with music is amazing. Riders on thr Storm last night was so so good. I've been loving atmos for movies but really overlooked what it can do for music. Music is kindoff boring almost when you go back to regular surround after that experience!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Has anyone found Hans Zimmer's Dune movie soundtrack in a native atmos blu ray? I currently have the CD but i would really like to get my hands on the blu ray.
Amazon doesn't have it?

A

Am_P

Full Audioholic
Amazon doesn't have it?
No, unable to find it anywhere, except the 2 channel CD. I wonder if they had a very limited stock that got sold out too soon. I was really excited when Mr. Zimmer announced that this OST album will also be released in Atmos.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
No, unable to find it anywhere, except the 2 channel CD. I wonder if they had a very limited stock that got sold out too soon. I was really excited when Mr. Zimmer announced that this OST album will also be released in Atmos.
I loved that soundtrack well have to keep an eye out fit it if I hear anything I'll let you know

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Man listening to Atmos on my Apple TV with music is amazing. Riders on thr Storm last night was so so good. I've been loving atmos for movies but really overlooked what it can do for music. Music is kindoff boring almost when you go back to regular surround after that experience!
Tidal has that Rider's on the Storm mix and it's pretty great in Atmos. I will say that there is a lot of newer music in Atmos that sounds pretty great too.

CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic

At least you will always have ports to keep you company.

M

mdinno

Junior Audioholic
Atmos has become a complete marketing ploy. Everything comes with Dolby Atmos today. Every soundbar etc and Dolby is allowing it. People actually think they hear a difference like they think wearing a mask works. I still stick with good old fashioned 5.1. I could hook up some Atmos speakers if I wanted but it's not worth the effort especially when Atmos works mostly with Blu-Ray. Streaming you barely get anything out of them. That's the part that people don't realize. So streaming an Atmos movie and using a little soundbar that decodes is a joke. Dolby shouldn't allow them to do that but it's all about money.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Atmos has become a complete marketing ploy. Everything comes with Dolby Atmos today. Every soundbar etc and Dolby is allowing it. People actually think they hear a difference like they think wearing a mask works. I still stick with good old fashioned 5.1. I could hook up some Atmos speakers if I wanted but it's not worth the effort especially when Atmos works mostly with Blu-Ray. Streaming you barely get anything out of them. That's the part that people don't realize. So streaming an Atmos movie and using a little soundbar that decodes is a joke. Dolby shouldn't allow them to do that but it's all about money.
I disagree. I wasn't an early adopter because I thought it was gimmicky, but once I got the new receiver and set things up, night and day difference. And most of what I watch is streaming. Does it show up in everything, no, but when it does, it's usually pretty awesome or at least adds to the depth of the picture. If nothing else, when done right and with dialog lift, you can almost make your center channel disappear.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
There’s good and bad in everything. Period.

Yes, there are some bad Atmos crap. There are some bad everything crap. But there are also some excellent Atmos movies and TV contents.

But I do understand the frustration of seeing these rotten apples.

I prefer to focus on the good Atmos contents.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Totally agree that it’s stupid to put the Atmos label on everything. It’s misleading at best, and actually I find it deceptive.

I think your nuts though. 5.1 is not anywhere near Atmos. I have two 5.1 systems AND a 7.3.4 system. NOT EVEN CLOSE. There are hundreds of Atmos titles on BD and streaming. Does it work with a soundbar? I couldn’t care less. But it’s too bad that people are presented with the idea that they’re getting a real Atmos experience. I’ve heard that some Atmos for headphones can be pretty good. Don’t care about that either but I have seen plenty of people that like it.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
I upmix everything with DSU to 5.1.4. I don’t think 5.1 compares.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis