The best type of Y splitter

fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic
Here’s a good read for you. Basically gives instructions on importing rew calculated filters into minidsp.

I had already read, but only shows how to import, because the parameters if copied, is totally out of harmony.
The ideal is to understand what each parameter means, but so far I have only been able to find the meanings of a few.
I will redirect the technical questions to the appropriate topic, suddenly someone can tell me which would be right.
Anyway, thanks for the force.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What parameters do you not understand? Have you checked avnirvana's forum support for REW?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
What parameters do you not understand? Have you checked avnirvana's forum support for REW?
This is a good point. The author of rew is a great resource and always willing to help. Home theater shack has some excellent help/files too, despite becoming a ghost town after the site was sold.

G

Grandzoltar

Full Audioholic
View attachment 32014
Will check.

Thanks, will look it.
Your target level is a bit high at 93 dB your target curve should be 80 dB. The LF rise start and end allows you to had a house curve.

The Dsp will get you as flat as possible to 80db adding values to LF rise start will increase your dB at the frequency of your choosing say 20hz Lf rise end will bring it back down to target curve of 80db at say 50hz. I suggest not adding a house curve get everything set up flat listen then increase the slope where you see fit.

Bass management cutoff 120hz is what most people use but I experiment with 150hz just because my sub is capable to 200hz.

Lf cut off since your subs are sealed with no port tuning Choose a value well bellow your subs capabilities say 5 or 10 hz

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
LOL did not know that it had another step after blowing up the thumbnail :) Will look at it later in detail....one thing the LPF of LFE is not a crossover, just a limit on the LFE channel (and 120 is the nominal setting).

fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic
LOL did not know that it had another step after blowing up the thumbnail :) Will look at it later in detail....one thing the LPF of LFE is not a crossover, just a limit on the LFE channel (and 120 is the nominal setting).
=))

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis