The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app users thread (with facts and tips)

B

bearr48

Audiophyte
Please forgive my stupidity, but I cannot remember how to re-name a profile...I can make a copy of my original profile (and then modify it), and it shows up as "Copy 1 of...". Now how do I re-name the "copy"? Thanks

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Please forgive my stupidity, but I cannot remember how to re-name a profile...I can make a copy of my original profile (and then modify it), and it shows up as "Copy 1 of...". Now how do I re-name the "copy"? Thanks
Press "edit" at the top right corner
- all the files will start shaking
- Press on the name of the file, the "Rename Curve" screen will pop up
- Rename it to whatever you want
- Click "Done"

F

f16h71n6sp1r1t

Audiophyte
I'm asking my question again but I don't have much hope of someone taking me serious because it's online. I'm totally blind and I need help making the house curve because multeq, rew, and ratbudyssey are not completely accessible. ratbudyssey Seems to be the most accessible, followed by multeq. Rew is not accessible at all. I can put in the information on ratbudyssey and load it to the Denon 6700h reciever with multeq.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Be sure to ask your Audyssey related questions in our livestream this afternoon at 3pm EDT:

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm asking my question again but I don't have much hope of someone taking me serious because it's online. I'm totally blind and I need help making the house curve because multeq, rew, and ratbudyssey are not completely accessible. ratbudyssey Seems to be the most accessible, followed by multeq. Rew is not accessible at all. I can put in the information on ratbudyssey and load it to the Denon 6700h reciever with multeq.
I think people are not responding because they don't understand your question. For example, what do you mean by "multeq, rew, and... not completely accessible? If you are referring to the MultEQ Editor App, what exactly are you trying to do with it that cannot be done?

B

bearr48

Audiophyte
Press "edit" at the top right corner
- all the files will start shaking
- Press on the name of the file, the "Rename Curve" screen will pop up
- Rename it to whatever you want
- Click "Done"
Thanks again, Peng! Works just as you described. Some stuff just does not seem obvious to me (being a Bear of Very Little Brain). BTW, I am enjoying the Denon 4800, esp. with the benefit of postings in the forums.

F

f16h71n6sp1r1t

Audiophyte
I think people are not responding because they don't understand your question. For example, what do you mean by "multeq, rew, and... not completely accessible? If you are referring to the MultEQ Editor App, what exactly are you trying to do with it that cannot be done?
Since I am totally blind, I use screen reader software to read me the screen. Jaws for Windows, Voice Over for iPhone, and Talk Back for Android. The developers do not always make their apps work with screen readers, that is what I mean by accessible. Sometimes they cannot make them accessible, sometimes they are not aware of screen reader and people with disability accessibility, sometimes there will be fights because developers of the aps say that it is the developer of the screen readers responsibility and vice versa. Companies have been sued. What is not accessible is the actual curve, graph, and the ability to make the dots. I can run the calibration, but after I get the result all I cand do is change the size of speakers, distance, volume of each speaker, pick target curve roll off 1, turn off mid-range compensation, turn off dynamic eq and the other settings there. I can not do the filters, curves etc. I tried to contact the developers with no success. The only one that answer was John from Rew and he said he would make it accessible and if I could test it. I said yes but I never heard anything after that and rew is still not accessible and it has been over a year. If I cannot solve anything I just really want to sell safely the Denon 6700h receiver, and the reference premier Klipsch 9.1 speaker system and find some system that is more accessible but I do not know how to sell it safely. I am looking for the chest pounding bass. I do not get it at all. Things were better in the 90’s when they had systems with sliders an I could slide the sliders until it sounded good to me. Maybe I should have gotten bass radiators instead of ported.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Since I am totally blind, I use screen reader software to read me the screen. Jaws for Windows, Voice Over for iPhone, and Talk Back for Android. The developers do not always make their apps work with screen readers, that is what I mean by accessible. Sometimes they cannot make them accessible, sometimes they are not aware of screen reader and people with disability accessibility, sometimes there will be fights because developers of the aps say that it is the developer of the screen readers responsibility and vice versa. Companies have been sued. What is not accessible is the actual curve, graph, and the ability to make the dots. I can run the calibration, but after I get the result all I cand do is change the size of speakers, distance, volume of each speaker, pick target curve roll off 1, turn off mid-range compensation, turn off dynamic eq and the other settings there. I can not do the filters, curves etc. I tried to contact the developers with no success. The only one that answer was John from Rew and he said he would make it accessible and if I could test it. I said yes but I never heard anything after that and rew is still not accessible and it has been over a year. If I cannot solve anything I just really want to sell safely the Denon 6700h receiver, and the reference premier Klipsch 9.1 speaker system and find some system that is more accessible but I do not know how to sell it safely. I am looking for the chest pounding bass. I do not get it at all. Things were better in the 90’s when they had systems with sliders an I could slide the sliders until it sounded good to me. Maybe I should have gotten bass radiators instead of ported.
In that case, Ratbuddyssey is your best bet. I suppose you can try contacting the author and find out if he could make it more "accessible".

Or you call contact the author of an Excel based tool that can also let you edit the target curve:

Audyssey Curve Editor Excel Tool – Simple Home Cinema

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Be sure to ask your Audyssey related questions in our livestream this afternoon at 3pm EDT:
Gene, he (Eric?) mentioned Dirac did not set crossovers, but it could, if you buy the DLBC license.

A

anthonyrizzo84

Enthusiast
How can I get better measurement for my center r6 meta kef, I got some big dip ?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
How can I get better measurement for my center r6 meta kef, I got some big dip ?

Yeah without REW you dont even know if thats the true after measurement thats whqt Audyssey is trying to get it to. Whether it really did that or not you have to check with REW

Matthew J Poes

Matthew J Poes

Audioholic Chief
Staff member

In all likelihood those are boundary interference dips caused by floor and ceiling. Possibly front wall as well. No easy fix.
You could move it closer to the front wall. Push the whole rack back If possible.

you could install thick 6” absorbers on the front wall behind it and similar clouds on the ceiling. That would work. The clouds could be 2” but with a big gap and open back. There are some specialty products I sell that operate only in the bass and would have more efficiency in that range.

O

OCA

Enthusiast
You can now optimize Audyssey (including Atmos speakers) with the MultEQ Editor app (even with a Mac or Auro 3D):

O

OCA

Enthusiast
For those of you who do not have "directional bass" option in their receivers, it can be done by adding the highlighted changes below in the MultEQ ady file. Both subs will be applied different corrections and their distances and volumes can be adjusted independent of each other unlike the standard mode where subs will both be named SWMIX and will share a common EQ, relative trim and distance.

The drawback is it divides the subs as" left/right" or "front/back" and only uses the sub nearest the speaker for crossovers. Only LFE channel will be sent to both subs together and I guess this will limit its surround use:

download.png

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
For those of you who do not have "directional bass" option in their receivers, it can be done by adding the highlighted changes below in the MultEQ ady file. Both subs will be applied different corrections and their distances and volumes can be adjusted independent of each other unlike the standard mode where subs will both be named SWMIX and will share a common EQ, relative trim and distance.

The drawback is it divides the subs as" left/right" or "front/back" and only uses the sub nearest the speaker for crossovers. Only LFE channel will be sent to both subs together and I guess this will limit its surround use:

View attachment 62607
This is awesome stuff thank you for linking this. I would love to hear @PENG thoughts on this as he has a lot of experience with both Audyssey and Dirac.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan

View attachment 62607
Hey when you say directional bass do you mean like multi sub eq vs the lower tier Audyssey that sums them together?

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I think not.

This video is helpful:

If we are talking about D+M's new directional bass option for up to 4 subwoofers, it is better to listen to Masimo's:
Starts at about the 9:00 time mark.

Gene, Matthew and Todd's seem to be about the general concepts, not entirely and specifically about D+M's new feature as such.

Introducing our new Marantz Cinema 40 - YouTube

The presenter might have given the same explanation in his video on the AV10 and the Denon AVRs, so for those interested, watch those videos as well.

From the videos for the Denon AVRs:
Introducing the brand new Denon AVC-X4800H. - YouTube

So, to me directional bass is just as described below, each of the 4 subs will still get the LFE signal and correctional will still be done the same way. The difference in "directional" bass is that each sub will play the non LFE channel bass associated with the nearest speakers associated with the sub, according to the crossover setting for the specific channel/speaker. In the example the presenter used, that would be the FL, FR, SL, SR channels/speakers.

1689596854812.png

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis