The Audyssey MultEQ Editor app users thread (with facts and tips)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
This is awesome stuff thank you for linking this. I would love to hear @PENG thoughts on this as he has a lot of experience with both Audyssey and Dirac.
I can't comment on OCA's codes as I am not a programmer, though I could follow his added codes to a point. It does look like he understands the new feature's function so I assume it will work, and it seems easy enough to try it out and see how it works, using REW to check compare the results on directional vs non directional.

My opinion on this whole thing is, too much thinking about nothing... and human's ears/brains are easily fooled, and/or distracted, that any such changes are not that discernible when the goal is to enjoy real world movies and music, not single or multi tones lol.. But then, that's just me, ommv, as always.

O

OCA

Enthusiast
I wouldn't personally go for the "directional bass" option for the simple fact that subs will no longer play together other than anything specifically recorded on the .1 LFE channel which is rarely active.

I just wanted to share my discovery that it can be done with the older models. I have a Marantz SR6015 and it has no such option in its menus but I managed to make directional dual sub work with it by manipulating the MultEQ Editor app ady file as shown.

L

Loupy

Audiophyte
Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a denon AVC X3800H to use as a pre-amp.
I also purchased the, Audyssey Multieq App
As per everything new, there is a leaning curve,

I have hit a problem, After I eq the system, I try to up load the file from my Tablet, but am unable to do so, comes up with I don't have permission to attach, , and upload the file,
tells me I need to contact, the Developer. not sure why,
has anyone had issues like this?
The tablet runs android , other files , I have no problems with uploading.

Thanks
Peter

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Hi Everyone,

I have hit a problem, After I eq the system, I try to up load the file from my Tablet, but am unable to do so, comes up with I don't have permission to attach, , and upload the file,

Thanks
Peter

Change app permissions

1. On your device, open the Settings app.
  2. Tap Apps.
  3. Tap the app you want to change. If you can't find it, tap See all apps. Then, choose your app.
  4. Tap Permissions.
    • If you allowed or denied any permissions for the app, you’ll find them here.
  5. To change a permission setting, tap it, then choose Allow or Don't allow.

O

OCA

Enthusiast
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
Peter
Congrats on your purchase. On top of the correct advise above on app permissions, if it still doesn't work, check the receiver's set up menu and "allow" remote access to network"

Last edited:
Y

yewknocks

Audiophyte
Hi!
I'm new to this forum, but I'm posting in the hopes someone has more info!
On page 24 a few people mentioned a bug with the audyssey app and I'm encountering it too.
No matter what I do the app sets the subwoofer trim to -12, using audyssey on the receiver works fine.

So the question is: Will this affect the EQ on my sub, since I've read the max it can adjust is + or -12? Or should it be fine if I use the app and then manually adjust the trim up?
Thanks in advance and sorry if the question doesn't belong here!

V

Vid33nyc1

Enthusiast
Hi!
I'm new to this forum, but I'm posting in the hopes someone has more info!
On page 24 a few people mentioned a bug with the audyssey app and I'm encountering it too.
No matter what I do the app sets the subwoofer trim to -12, using audyssey on the receiver works fine.

So the question is: Will this affect the EQ on my sub, since I've read the max it can adjust is + or -12? Or should it be fine if I use the app and then manually adjust the trim up?
Thanks in advance and sorry if the question doesn't belong here!
It's been doing that to me also with my dual PB 1000 PROs. After calibration I just bump them up to -4db in the 3600H. It's still sound good. When I get a chance I will turn them up a few db before calibration to see if it helps any.

Y

yewknocks

Audiophyte
It's been doing that to me also with my dual PB 1000 PROs. After calibration I just bump them up to -4db in the 3600H. It's still sound good. When I get a chance I will turn them up a few db before calibration to see if it helps any.
I've also been bumping it up to the value that running audyssey on the receiver (X3500H) gives me- and it does sound fine enough to my ears with my KEF Kube. Better than without audyssey at least. I don't have a way to confirm though, so I just wondered if anyone knew whether it does affect the EQ, haha.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
If you bump them up before calibration, then after calibration it will be down to where Audyssey wants it to be at. The better way to do it is to adjust the target curve.

L

Loupy

Audiophyte
Hi Everyone,
When I Adjust the sub to give it a little room curve boost, How do I keep it there so when I send it to the receiver its not altered by Audyssey?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Hi Everyone,
When I Adjust the sub to give it a little room curve boost, How do I keep it there so when I send it to the receiver its not altered by Audyssey?
It shouldn't be altered by Audyssey if you run and adjust Audyssey first.

L

Loupy

Audiophyte
Ok, So after the test tones are done, I get the room correction Graph on the main screen of the app, then I click on it and start playing with all the different setting, So to my understanding, any thing I change after the initial room corrections are done, example room curve, crossover points, ext is basically fine tuning

R

Ruato

Audiophyte
Yes, the -12dB error is a known issue with the app. Which version of the app you were using? It has been updated on the 9th of August but I guess you already used that version.

Y

yewknocks

Audiophyte
Yes, the -12dB error is a known issue with the app. Which version of the app you were using? It has been updated on the 9th of August but I guess you already used that version.
It has been updated on the 9th of august. my phone says it's version 1.10.0.
Sadly, theupdate didn't fix the issue, but it's good to know they're at least aware of it.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
It has been updated on the 9th of august. my phone says it's version 1.10.0.
Sadly, theupdate didn't fix the issue, but it's good to know they're at least aware of it.
I wonder why I never had that issue.., not with any versions since day one. There were minor bugs in the earlier versions, but never had issue with setting the sub trim levels. Really strange that some people had it and others don't. Did Denon, or Marantz gave any explanation?

Y

yewknocks

Audiophyte
I wonder why I never had that issue.., not with any versions since day one. There were minor bugs in the earlier versions, but never had issue with setting the sub trim levels. Really strange that some people had it and others don't. Did Denon, or Marantz gave any explanation?
I actually received a call from the Dutch office of Denon today since I'd contacted them about this issue roughly a month ago. That office said they've not been able to reproduce the error, but they did make it known to the team that develops the app and they hope they'll be able to find the bug and fix it in a future update.

K

kkem

Audiophyte
Hi Everyone,

Thanks
Peter
FYI, MultEQ-X is far supior to that app and I haven't experienced this bug.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Didn't they offer 30% off Black Friday deal?
That would be much easer to swallow. I'm debating on whether to spend the money on Audyssey X or whatever the Dirac upgrade is.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis